watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

seriously... why?

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, February 10, 2015, 11:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Do we continue to put out players that are either not ready, not good enough or in place of someone who can do better.
We have mitroglou out on loan,  recall him and stick him in the squad he's our best chance of goals.
Recall matt smith who again is banging them in.
Dembele, burn, Williams in my opinion don't cut it,  Roberts doesn't get a look in or George Williams it just seems a bit mad to me.

Lighthouse

Neither  Smith or the Greek would change a side that cannot muster a shot on target second half. We have needed and still need a decent midfield. We don't play wide players because they simply are not good enough. We play the same way because clearly the manager looks at the squad and thinks there is no other way to play.

Roberts and Williams have done nothing when they have been introduced. We are simply suggesting to arrange different deck chairs on a sinking ship. When what we needed were a couple of nice old comfortable engines  in January to keep the ship afloat.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WORTHINGFULHAM

Totally agree, and having no cover for parker isn't helping as your right our midfield is shocking. Williams and Roberts don't do much when introduced as normally they would only get 10 mins to change the game, not long enough and too much expectation!

andyk

I would suggest Darren Gibson or Dembele. A top quality prem level player who isn't getting game time at the moment. We need to be able to replicate the Tigana year, get really good players, who are on the periphery of Prem or top Euro sides. We need four or five of them, minimum.

K33NY

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on February 10, 2015, 11:39:54 PM
Do we continue to put out players that are either not ready, not good enough or in place of someone who can do better.
We have mitroglou out on loan,  recall him and stick him in the squad he's our best chance of goals.
Dembele, burn, Williams in my opinion don't cut it,  Roberts doesn't get a look in or George Williams it just seems a bit mad to me.

because we sure as hell ditnt invest properly last summer transfer window, or none at all this January window........

I am so close to throwing in the towell and simply say..... f&(# this season I wont watch, read or look up anything about Fulham until the summer, but I know it will never happen, because the love for the club, even though looking at what shambles we are in and have been the last years, even thought its been like this, the love for the club never dies for me, but ffs its painfull.....

Mince n Tatties

Too many people want everything done the Fulham way all nicee nicee.
When Robert Huths name was mentioned in maybe coming here in Jan, there was the
Oh no cant have him he ex Chelsea, he a Bully a dirty player, he kicks people.
Sorry but that is the type of player we need at the back at the moment, someone with
guts and leadership, our young players dont know who to look to when things start
going wrong...

leonffc

Quote from: andyk on February 10, 2015, 11:56:43 PM
I would suggest Darren Gibson or Dembele. A top quality prem level player who isn't getting game time at the moment. We need to be able to replicate the Tigana year, get really good players, who are on the periphery of Prem or top Euro sides. We need four or five of them, minimum.

Dembele was probably Spurs best player last night. I cant see them loaning him out in the near future, he's very much part of their first team squad

HV71

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 11, 2015, 07:21:55 AM
Too many people want everything done the Fulham way all nicee nicee.
When Robert Huths name was mentioned in maybe coming here in Jan, there was the
Oh no cant have him he ex Chelsea, he a Bully a dirty player, he kicks people.
Sorry but that is the type of player we need at the back at the moment, someone with
guts and leadership, our young players dont know who to look to when things start
going wrong...
Mince and Tatties - you are spot on in terms of what is needed and peoples attitudes.
I have been crying out for us to be more ' pragmatic ' in our approach. We have been consistently overrun in midfield ( even in games we have often won ) . It was obvious we needed leadership and more steel and certainly more experience ( so why get yet another inexperienced kid on loan like Fofana ) we needed a plan B ( no matter how ugly So why not recall Smith ? - and get the young Dembele out on loan instead? I don't want the long ball game either but with 15 minutes to go and you are 1 - 0 down change your tactics and stick the big guy upfront- It worked for man utd on sunday. When it came to the poll on who we wanted as manager some of us took the pragmatic route and voted for Lennon ( and some others for Pullis ) but oh no we were wrong as it not the Fulham way. Some of us also think people like Mick Mcarthy are good at this level but get slammed as this is also not the Fulham way.
The Fulham way seems an idealistic , nicely nicey policy  - which in today's game is doomed to failure. We need grit , we need decisive positive action, we need a proper strategy based on the short term as well as the medium to long term. This requires a balanced squad with a mixture of youth and experience. We did little in January to help this cause- it may not be the perfect time to act - but act you must in this pragmatic world.
Get real everyone - the gap with the new TV deal will get wider. Our parachute payment will dwindle quickly . In order to maximise our " promise " with the youngsters we need to ensure we have some gritty and pragmatic personnel  both on the pitch and the managerial team. Keep Kit for what he is good at but bring in some experience to manage the squad on the pitch. Without tactical bounce and the ability to change the play during the game we will go nowhere ( other than downwards )

HV71

Apologies ' tactical nous' not bounce

davew

Quote from: K33NY on February 11, 2015, 12:50:01 AM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on February 10, 2015, 11:39:54 PM

because we sure as hell ditnt invest properly last summer transfer window, or none at all this January window........

I am so close to throwing in the towell and simply say..... f&(# this season I wont watch, read or look up anything about Fulham until the summer, but I know it will never happen, because the love for the club, even though looking at what shambles we are in and have been the last years, even thought its been like this, the love for the club never dies for me, but ffs its painfull.....
I am with you, well said!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Chutney

Can we stop with the Matt Smith thing now? He is scoring in a weaker league, all of our strikers would score plenty in league 1.
C O Y W

HV71

Quote from: Chutney on February 11, 2015, 08:09:07 AM
Can we stop with the Matt Smith thing now? He is scoring in a weaker league, all of our strikers would score plenty in league 1.
In a word ' no'
We haven't tried him
Carry on playing like we are and we could change places with bristol City
He was an effective partner with Ross
He could be a part of a plan B ( especially as a sub )

Bronaldinho

Mitroglou doesn't want to come back.

Simple as that really, same reason Ruiz is gutted that he's not in Spain already. Championship is too low for them to play at. They are UCL standard players and even if some of you may disagree, it's true. That's why they are 10-15m in value each.

They score goals and make things happen at a decent level.

Matt Smith, yes he's scoring them in the league below but our game would have to change drastically and flood crosses and long balls, something that I'm sure Kit doesn't fancy hence the loan spell.

Players like Adam Taggart deserve a shot when fit. Smith was a desperation buy by Magath to add something else he could pull out of his hat. It didn't work.

Once Kit realises the diamond has had it's time, we'll get results.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

We cannot recall Mitro outside of a transfer window, not sure he has a recall clause anyway
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2015, 08:22:41 AM
We cannot recall Mitro outside of a transfer window, not sure he has a recall clause anyway
Correct on first part and we did have recall but would have to been activated in January.

Skatzoffc

I h

I believe he scored14 in this division last season when he partnered Ross.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2015, 08:42:12 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2015, 08:22:41 AM
Correct on first part and we did have recall but would have to been activated in January.
I wasn't sure if we did or not but knew it had to be activate din January. I am surprised we didnt to be honest.

Leaving Stek on loan I can see as Betts bar two mistakes this year has been outstanding.
Every day is a Fulham day

Reznor

I think Bristol City with Matt Smith would beat us home and away. Decent outfit, well managed.

Cravenawin

Quote from: Bronaldinho on February 11, 2015, 08:17:21 AM
Mitroglou doesn't want to come back.

Simple as that really, same reason Ruiz is gutted that he's not in Spain already. Championship is too low for them to play at. They are UCL
standard players and even if some of you may disagree, it's true. That's why they are 10-15m in value each.

They score goals and make things happen at a decent level.

Matt Smith, yes he's scoring them in the league below but our game would have to change drastically and flood crosses and long balls, something that I'm sure Kit doesn't fancy hence the loan spell.

Players like Adam Taggart deserve a shot when fit. Smith was a desperation buy by Magath to add something else he could pull out of his hat. It didn't work.

Once Kit realises the diamond has had it's time, we'll get results.

Trouble is, how long will it take until Kit realises the diamond doesn't work. We can all see it hasn't worked for ages.

Chutney

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 11, 2015, 08:49:32 AM
I h

I believe he scored14 in this division last season when he partnered Ross.

He scored 12. Hugo is already on 10 and Mccormack on 9, so why is smith any better?
C O Y W