watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Management

Started by nose, February 11, 2015, 10:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I have no problem with Kit. I am sure if allowed he would do a good job, but I happen to think he is fighting with one hand tied behind his back

I also think much of the criticism of his tactics are correct too but then i usually find fault with most managers, even the mighty Roy! We could be doing a bit better but in the end the quality of our players is a real problem.

However the biggest problem we face is that the owner seems a nice and decent man but so far has spoken well and I am sure his heart is in the right pklace and wants us to be successful but he has done and continues to do the wrong things. The biggest issue is that he has left the board in place, they have spectacularly failed us in recent years. They have left incompetents like jol in place and hired magath, the wrong man, at entirely the wrong time. They presided over the dismantling of the whole squad, they have failed to bring in  a single decent player in the last transfer window, and they have failed to squash the rumors about steve Bruce undermining Kit's position.

The coaching staff needs strengthening and Kit needs a much better quality assistant manager.

Kahn, a top business man should know all this is wrong and act, and yet does nothing and for that reason, in the end he is responsible for our current predicament.

I agree it is a good idea to build the team around young players but we need a few more better quality experienced ones.

I noted there was no internet interview with Kit before yesterday's game and that along with the bruce rumour makes me think the board may well be looking at another new manager....   Kit isn't the problem, the board are the problem. If we change manager now we will surely go down as night follows day, if they are even looking for a replacement then again we will go down. they have to stick with kit certainly until the end of next season, we have to give him the correct tools during the next transfer window.

I hope none of you are expecting a return to the top flight any time soon. I know there is some discussion about how southampton got on with youngsters, but they are a better run club that had a plan. They had a few difficulties but they dealt with them... weare just sleep walking to disaster.

westcliff white

If Kit wants coaching staff he needs to speak up, from all I have read he seems happy with what he has. Personally I think he needs an experienced hand to guide him. Curbs as DoF would have been a good idea but it never happened. If we were looking for one why did it stop after it fell allegedly fell through with Curbs/ or is Rigg that man now? but that aside I do feel he needs someone on the sidelines with him who has that little bit of experience that could come in handy.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

only skimmed, but wasnt/wouldnt kits interview done on the monday as all away games are done the day before.and you mention leaving the board in place, does the appointment of riggs and demoting ali mac to ground renevations not count as addressing board issues?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BalDrick

I can't remember the exact chronology of it but didn't Khan say something about looking to reach the play-offs? Some time shortly after Kit was appointed?

Reason I ask, I'm starting to wonder if he's getting that itchy finger feeling again. For my money, his itchy finger should have been authorising purchases last month rather than wrapping itself around a trigger again, a trigger that thus far has failed to turn things round each time it's been pulled. Though actually, what his finger should have been doing is striking off the list of criteria the 5-man panel were given point 1 - must cost eff all.

This all assumes - and it is a massive assumption - that what he said actually held some water and wasn't yet another load of hot air with a hint of bull to it
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FulhamStu

I dont think there is any point getting rid of Kit now unless a very good manager is ready to take over.  Having said that - I would like a man in charge of the team before the season ends that is going to take us forward next season.  At the moment i don't think Kit is up to it.   Rigg is surely the key figure here and I would have thought he will tell Khan what Kit is up too.   Kit steadied the ship, but it is taking in water now and if that continues we could be in real trouble and sink !

davew

Quote from: nose on February 11, 2015, 10:16:31 AM
If we change manager now we will surely go down as night follows day, if they are even looking for a replacement then again we will go down. they have to stick with kit certainly until the end of next season, we have to give him the correct tools during the next transfer window.
If we stick with Kit we are also likely to go down, so which option of the 3 do we want, as day follows night it is highly likely we will get relegated!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

They tend not to do interviews for a Tuesday game, especially an away one,  so no conspiracy with that one.

BalDrick

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 11, 2015, 10:28:17 AM
I dont think there is any point getting rid of Kit now unless a very good manager is ready to take over. 

Well yes, and by definition if he's currently available, he's probably not very good. But we're close to being beggars, and as such can't really be that choosy. 'Very good' would have done the job once the 5-man committee pulled its finger out of its rectum, but right now 'better than the current incumbent, with a bit of tactical nous' would suffice.

Fulham1959

Quote from: nose on February 11, 2015, 10:16:31 AM
I have no problem with Kit. I am sure if allowed he would do a good job, but I happen to think he is fighting with one hand tied behind his back

I also think much of the criticism of his tactics are correct too but then i usually find fault with most managers, even the mighty Roy! We could be doing a bit better but in the end the quality of our players is a real problem.

However the biggest problem we face is that the owner seems a nice and decent man but so far has spoken well and I am sure his heart is in the right pklace and wants us to be successful but he has done and continues to do the wrong things. The biggest issue is that he has left the board in place, they have spectacularly failed us in recent years. They have left incompetents like jol in place and hired magath, the wrong man, at entirely the wrong time. They presided over the dismantling of the whole squad, they have failed to bring in  a single decent player in the last transfer window, and they have failed to squash the rumors about steve Bruce undermining Kit's position.

The coaching staff needs strengthening and Kit needs a much better quality assistant manager.

Kahn, a top business man should know all this is wrong and act, and yet does nothing and for that reason, in the end he is responsible for our current predicament.

I agree it is a good idea to build the team around young players but we need a few more better quality experienced ones.

I noted there was no internet interview with Kit before yesterday's game and that along with the bruce rumour makes me think the board may well be looking at another new manager....   Kit isn't the problem, the board are the problem. If we change manager now we will surely go down as night follows day, if they are even looking for a replacement then again we will go down. they have to stick with kit certainly until the end of next season, we have to give him the correct tools during the next transfer window.

I hope none of you are expecting a return to the top flight any time soon. I know there is some discussion about how southampton got on with youngsters, but they are a better run club that had a plan. They had a few difficulties but they dealt with them... weare just sleep walking to disaster.

Excellent post, no hysteria !  (Obviously this means I agree with you, but I do enjoy level-headed, well expressed posts)

nose

Quote from: fulhamben on February 11, 2015, 10:20:56 AM
only skimmed, but wasnt/wouldnt kits interview done on the monday as all away games are done the day before.and you mention leaving the board in place, does the appointment of riggs and demoting ali mac to ground renevations not count as addressing board issues?

I often only skim the long ones!
There is no interview or pre match comment on line, that is a bad sign.
I do not happen to think the change mentioned is enough, in the bible (i think it's the bible anyway) it says, 'if thine eyes offend thee pluck them out!' You need to remove the problem totally, because a failed man/men will remain a problem for the succesor.  This is rank bad management of the worst sort.

fulhamben

Quote from: BalDrick on February 11, 2015, 10:32:19 AM
I dont think there is any point getting rid of Kit now unless a very good manager is ready to take over. 

Well yes, and by definition if he's currently available, he's probably not very good. But we're close to being beggars, and as such can't really be that choosy. 'Very good' would have done the job once the 5-man committee pulled its finger out of its rectum, but right now 'better than the current incumbent, with a bit of tactical nous' would suffice.
why does he have to be available? is there a manager transfer window? we need to be aggressive, pick the manager we want and pay the buy out clause to the club he is currently at.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FulhamStu

Quote from: fulhamben on February 11, 2015, 10:34:53 AM

why does he have to be available? is there a manager transfer window? we need to be aggressive, pick the manager we want and pay the buy out clause to the club he is currently at.
Well yes, I would be ok with doing that at the moment....

BalDrick

Quote from: fulhamben on February 11, 2015, 10:34:53 AM

Yeah fair enough, fair point. But very few sides' seasons are over already are they - bar the shite that's alredy effectively relegated (and we don't want them anyway). No club with anything to play for is going to let us pinch their manager halfway through February, and equally no manager bar one whose side are in the deep brown stuff is going to jump ship to the fast-leaking HMS Fulham.

nose

Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2015, 10:28:18 AM
They tend not to do interviews for a Tuesday game, especially an away one,  so no conspiracy with that one.

Ok, thank you for that I thought he always did make comment,
because he certainly did before the rotherham game and that was the last away game on a tuesday I could find
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/october/20/manager-video

and for the sunderland home game, the last  one on a tuesday at home there was at least an interview albeit not a video interview but his comments nonetheless
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/february/02/kits-sunderland-preview

so I remain sceptical about the lack of any pre-match comment from Kit regarding bolton..

MJG

Quote from: nose on February 11, 2015, 10:45:24 AM

because he certainly did before the rotherham game and that was the last away game on a tuesday I could find

and for the sunderland home game, the last  one on a tuesday at home there was at least an interview albeit not a video interview but his comments nonetheless

so I remain sceptical about the lack of any pre-match comment from Kit regarding bolton..
Well you keep that conspiracy hat on then. Some people read far too much into stuff.

Apprentice to the Maestro

"The biggest issue is that he has left the board in place". Sorry but that isn't true. The first thing that happened when Khan came in was that the non-executive members of the old Board left and new members from the Jaguars were appointed.

Also the idea that the Board made decisions about managers under MAF is not really credible. I am sure that MAF would discuss matters such as the hiring and firing of managers with the Board but that it would be his final decision as owner that decided matters is the only believable scenario.

Baszab

They went up to Manchester Monday

nose

Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2015, 11:11:51 AM
Quote from: nose on February 11, 2015, 10:45:24 AM

Well you keep that conspiracy hat on then. Some people read far too much into stuff.

It is not conspiracy stuff it was an observation that gave/gives me an uneasy feeling that maybe there is something in the rumour.

Your comment that they do not do interviews for tuesday games, 'especially away ones', seems to have been incorrect. When I make an error I usually acknowledge it.

nose

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 11, 2015, 11:16:24 AM
"The biggest issue is that he has left the board in place". Sorry but that isn't true. The first thing that happened when Khan came in was that the non-executive members of the old Board left and new members from the Jaguars were appointed.

Also the idea that the Board made decisions about managers under MAF is not really credible. I am sure that MAF would discuss matters such as the hiring and firing of managers with the Board but that it would be his final decision as owner that decided matters is the only believable scenario.

I chose my words carefully.
Obviously the owner has the final say, but the board are fundamental to the running of the club. We are going backwards, it is either the opwner or the board that are at fault, and from where I am sitting, if I believe that owner's heart is in the right place, and I do, then the board is the problem.

regarding non executive board members, that is just what they are non executive... I am talking about the ones who are actually supposed to be running the place.

My opinion.

But I do take your points, but perhaps you may wish to reflect on this....
If I am wrong, and I may well be, then what actually do the board do? It would seem to me they are being paid hefty salaries for not doing very much at all. You can get a few good quality clerical types to administrate any organisation. I know MAF seemed to like Jol, but the board should have warned Kahn he was hopeless and neededing removing instantly. and kahn would not have chosen rene or magath, surely that was just not credible, he had/has far too little experience, the board must have been instrumental in thise descisions.... MAF was his own man and at least knows english football well enough to make his own mind up... but kahn is a different ball game, isn't he?

ll I know for sure is I am unhappy, worried and think we are in for a very bumpy ride for the forseable future.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Baszab on February 11, 2015, 11:18:07 AM
They went up to Manchester Monday

:58: Care to expand on that comment? Who went? Or was that post a joke/sarcasm?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude