watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Started by White Noise, July 11, 2010, 11:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Now in the running for the managership according to the bookies.

I would be very happy if this came off.

Mr Fulham

Best German manager together with Felix Magath. Would be a fantastic signing. Pretty much Roy-like. He also is a true Gentleman and a fantastic tactician.

Scrumpy

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

BarryP

It is good that the bookies listen to TimmyG's podcast!  IIRC TimmyG pulled that name out of his hat about a week ago.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

cebu

I'd be surprised but very pleased if the Hitzfeld story were true. I rate him as an improvement over Hodgson. But he's never worked anywhere except Germany and Switzerland. Why would he suddenly go at the age of 61 to a smaller prem club like Fulham?

timmyg

Quote from: BarryP on July 12, 2010, 12:24:45 AM
It is good that the bookies listen to TimmyG's podcast!  IIRC TimmyG pulled that name out of his hat about a week ago.

Thanks for listening AND remembering BarryP! I like him or Otto Rehhagel!
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

boxhockcycsock

I rate him very highly as a manager and would be absolutely over the moon if he came here, but I really doubt it happening. I have been on the FC Bayern e-mailing list (in German), for the past four years (used to follow them as my second fav and too lazy to remove my e-mail). From what I usually read in those e-mails, he is tremendously loyal to that team (many people in Bayern are very patriotic to the team and, in turn, the region) and VERY well paid by Bayern.

Still, we can dream!  :045:
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

Chopper

Really quite excited about this. I think it would be a real coup.

I found an article this morning (but can't find it now!) that suggested Ottmar wasn't considering a return to club football. He was quoted as saying he was happy to have a less hectic schedule as a national coach and didn't forsee a return to club football and 60+ games a year.

Hopefully we can persuade him otherwise but I think he also has a contract with the Swiss until 2012.

Sold my soul to the Green Pole