watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If it Were Sven

Started by TonyGilroy, July 12, 2010, 08:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

or Hoddle or Hughes or Curbishly then I see no reason why an appointment would not have already been made. These guys are available and either want the job or don't.

Bilic would presumably need a Work Permit so a delay if it's him is understandable but I'm starting to think that our new manager will be someone currently employed who is off the radar of the media who seem to have compiled the short list with no input from the club.

Tom

I would consider shooting myself in the head.
Fulham for life!

SuffolkWhite

What if it's someone with another club and negotiations are on going to pries them away? We would then be looking at the likes of Clark,Jol etc.

I really want a manager this week as this is doing my head in  :doh:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Tom

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 12, 2010, 08:20:55 AM
What if it's someone with another club and negotiations are on going to pries them away? We would then be looking at the likes of Clark,Jol etc.

It would be nice to finally name a manger this week.
Fulham for life!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 12, 2010, 08:20:55 AM

Add to that the possibility of losing elements of or back room staff to redundancy. If it is to be Hughes he will want his infamous four following him in and if its Clark in some form, manager or first team coach, then there are implications there as well. I agree its been a pain in the bum but,(wahey bum and but in te same sentence), .... but although it was muted for a long time that Hodgson might go his actual departure was virtually an overnighter. I have an horrible feeling that the transistion might be a bit painful and the trip to Sweden will be vital in rebuilding and bonding. MAFF might have to make it a n agent free zone ...................... 

finnster01

I think Paul the Octopus will be appointed this week.

He is the only one capable of more fondling than Sven
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

Terms aren't agreed over night. Take the debacle between Celtic, Hull and Bullard for instance. They've negotiated and agreed a loan deal in principle over 4 weeks ago and only today has it been announced that it's off because of personal terms.

How long ago did Roy leave us?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2010, 01:20:29 PM
Terms aren't agreed over night. Take the debacle between Celtic, Hull and Bullard for instance. They've negotiated and agreed a loan deal in principle over 4 weeks ago and only today has it been announced that it's off because of personal terms.

Jimmy Bullard must not have passed his summer exams at the Jari Litmanen School of Greed then

TheDaddy

Quote from: finnster01 on July 12, 2010, 01:24:06 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2010, 01:20:29 PM

Jimmy Bullard must not have passed his summer exams at the Jari Litmanen School of Greed then

Its going off thread but can you belive Bullard still undecided due to Celtic saying he would have to take a pay cut. Just goes to show what a greedy little ker he is.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

My son met Bullard one night out, had a friendly little chat about Fulham. "pikey" doesn't begin to describe him apparently.

Oakeshott

Sven is apparently odds on, but I find it hard to believe MAF could bring himself to appoint such an obviously money-grubbing, promiscuous and in recent years unsuccessful prat. He is so grey he makes John Major look interesting and although if appointed I'm sure he'd say Fulham is a team he's always admired etc, if a bigger club, paying more, same along a few months later he'd be off without a second thought.

He seems to me a guy who at Man City sought success by buying players, sometimes by his own admission without seeing them play, rather than bringing out the best in existing players and getting them to play as a team - the absolute opposite of Roy.

Personally I'd prefer to take a chance on LC or Mr Baxter than Sven.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 12, 2010, 02:03:03 PM
Sven is apparently odds on, but I find it hard to believe MAF could bring himself to appoint such an obviously money-grubbing, promiscuous and in recent years unsuccessful prat. He is so grey he makes John Major look interesting and although if appointed I'm sure he'd say Fulham is a team he's always admired etc, if a bigger club, paying more, same along a few months later he'd be off without a second thought.

He seems to me a guy who at Man City sought success by buying players, sometimes by his own admission without seeing them play, rather than bringing out the best in existing players and getting them to play as a team - the absolute opposite of Roy.

I cannot believe that you would rather have baxter than sven. Three years ago we could't have dreamed of a manager as high profile as Sven being linked seriously to Fulham. Sven has a proven track record. IMO he would represent a massive step forward for the club.

finnster01

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 12, 2010, 02:40:33 PM

I cannot believe that you would rather have baxter than sven. Three years ago we could't have dreamed of a manager as high profile as Sven being linked seriously to Fulham. Sven has a proven track record. IMO he would represent a massive step forward for the club.

What is up with the Sven love? He is UNPROVEN in the Prem. One season with Man City and a very large pocket book, I could manage City to a 9th spot as well. Further, he couldn't manage the best set of England talent since 1966, and if you aren't convinced yet, he hasn't won anything made of silver in 10 years.

All he has managed to do is to get laid far too much for his own good, underperformed in all roles he has had the last 10 years, and his personality makes Gordon Brown look like a guy you rather want to grab a beer with.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on July 12, 2010, 02:47:11 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 12, 2010, 02:40:33 PM

What is up with the Sven love? He is UNPROVEN in the Prem. One season with Man City and a very large pocket book, I could manage City to a 9th spot as well. Further, he couldn't manage the best set of England talent since 1966, and if you aren't convinced yet, he hasn't won anything made of silver in 10 years.

All he has managed to do is to get laid far too much for his own good, underperformed in all roles he has had the last 10 years, and his personality makes Gordon Brown look like a guy you rather want to grab a beer with.

Sounds like the kind of thing you would have said when Roy was appointed (apart from the sleeping around stuff)

tingtawng

they must be loooking at a lot of options for 'the special one' ,maybe Sven didnt impress Mo for a pile of wonga 
IN SVEN VE TVUST

vagrant

So Tony, how much would Doncaster want for Sean ??

I know you don't approve, but my fingers are still crossed.

TonyGilroy

Sean stands as much chance of getting the job as you or I. Which is a shame because he's done well but the only way he'll manage in the Prem is to promote a club into it like De Matteo. Coyle, Pulis etc.

I've got no inside information but I'd put money on our new manager being someone of genuine standing. An easy choice would have been signed up by now.