watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I've got a good idea

Started by King_Crud, February 15, 2015, 01:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Crud

I'm the manager, my players up front are of average height, so I think my players should hoof it towards them, even though the defenders on the opposition are 2ft taller than any player on my team. This will make complete sense somehow and strategically is a great idea. What could not work about this?

fulhams_finest

Quote from: King_Crud on February 15, 2015, 01:14:25 AM
I'm the manager, my players up front are of average height, so I think my players should hoof it towards them, even though the defenders on the opposition are 2ft taller than any player on my team. This will make complete sense somehow and strategically is a great idea. What could not work about this?

not as if we have a 6ft plus striker on loan anywhere.... sigh

MisfitKid

Quote from: fulhams_finest on February 15, 2015, 02:18:29 AM

Nail meet hammer...  :022:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Bedford White

So you're saying Kit has the right tactics but wrong players? I don't want to watch hoof ball but it is a tactic which can be used to good effect in some games. However, yesterday's match wasn't one of those. Wouldn't you have studied the opposition team stats as the manager, and drawn the blindingly obvious conclusion that this tactic won't work against a strong, tall and well organised team like Ipswich. 

One Martin Thomas

This could be Kit's biggest mistake !  We were looking a bit dodgy around Xmas and should have brought him back then. 

What about Taggart ?  What's he  up to these days ?

domprague

You are spot on.

Quote from: MisfitKid on February 15, 2015, 02:30:29 AM

Nail meet hammer...  :022:
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Bedford White on February 15, 2015, 05:25:09 AM
So you're saying Kit has the right tactics but wrong players? I don't want to watch hoof ball but it is a tactic which can be used to good effect in some games. However, yesterday's match wasn't one of those. Wouldn't you have studied the opposition team stats as the manager, and drawn the blindingly obvious conclusion that this tactic won't work against a strong, tall and well organised team like Ipswich. 

I think Crud's irony was more meant as, stop lumping the ball up and play it along the ground. We are a team short on confidence, ability, leadership and passion.