watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Come on Mo bring us Hitzfeld!

Started by Yarden, July 13, 2010, 07:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarden

If we could get him I would be over the moon. World class manager that could take us to new heights! Come on Mo, sign him up!

Tom

Quote from: Yarden on July 13, 2010, 07:45:53 AM
If we could get him I would be over the moon. World class manager that could take us to new heights! Come on Mo, sign him up!
I agree.   :54:
Fulham for life!

leonffc

Does he speak English? I imagine he does but it would be a concern if he didnt

Lighthouse

No Prem experience as such. Not sure if that would be a disadvantage. Have we not had enough of Hodgsons dull and negative tactics?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCBadger

Hitzfeld would undoubtedly be a very ambitious appointment, who would be able to attract high-calibre players from around the world.

A man who's won the Champions league twice, nine league titles, World coach of the year X2, and voted Bayern Munich's greatest-ever manager is good enough for us.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

If we get him,I hope we would be able to keep hold of him long term,not let him do a "Roy" and sod off for more money after a couple of seasons-we are not a stepping stone to "bigger" clubs!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2010, 10:29:27 AM
No Prem experience as such. Not sure if that would be a disadvantage. Have we not had enough of Hodgsons dull and negative tactics?

Is this a serious point or are you rewriting history?

The fact he has no prem experience is a moot point when he has won TWO Champions Leagues and countless Bundesliga titles.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I always thought if were not going to get sparky we were going to get an outsider,I thought that might be Bilic, BUT I hope it is this guy,a guy totally off the radar,7 German league titles,2 times Champion league winners,plus multi cup winner(German & Swiss),in my opinion this is the type of guy we need to move to the next level and we should pull all the stops out to get him  :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Lighthouse

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 13, 2010, 11:09:11 AM

The fact he has no prem experience is a moot point when he has won TWO Champions Leagues and countless Bundesliga titles.

No the point was an honest one. We were runners up in the Europa and looked really good against the cream. But we looked out fought against the Prem dross. So will that lack of hands on knowledge be a problem? It is no good quoting World Cups and Champions League on a windy, rainy night in Stoke or Blackpool

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2010, 12:06:00 PM

No the point was an honest one. We were runners up in the Europa and looked really good against the cream. But we looked out fought against the Prem dross. So will that lack of hands on knowledge be a problem? It is no good quoting World Cups and Champions League on a windy, rainy night in Stoke or Blackpool

The fact is that he has succeeded wherever he has been. For me it is an absolute no brainer. The idea that he would be tactically outfoxed by Tony Pulis is laughable with the wealth of experience that he brings to the table.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2010, 12:06:00 PM

No but it is IS good quoting 7 German league titles :doh: stop being so negative, this guy is one of the most respected managers in Europe working today :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Lighthouse

Oh come Mr Chequebook Sir, you honestly telling me Roy was outfoxed by every manager he lost to away from home including Pulis. Now that is laughable. But the question I asked you have answered. So we will just have to wait and see who is the manager?

Mr Rumpo - Not negative to ask a question and play Devils Advocate while everyone creams themselves over a manager we don't even know is being looked upon by Fulham as a replacement for Roy. Had he been announced as our manager then your accusation would have some merit.

Always best to ask a question if you don't know the answer.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2010, 12:23:54 PM
Oh come Mr Chequebook Sir, you honestly telling me Roy was outfoxed by every manager he lost to away from home including Pulis. Now that is laughable. But the question I asked you have answered. So we will just have to wait and see who is the manager?

Mr Rumpo - Not negative to ask a question and play Devils Advocate while everyone creams themselves over a manager we don't even know is being looked upon by Fulham as a replacement for Roy. Had he been announced as our manager then your accusation would have some merit.

Always best to ask a question if you don't know the answer.

I agree we will just have to wait and see. Hitzfeld would be phenomenal but I cannot see him coming.

HatterDon

at this point, I'd take Omar from The Wire. Shame he was killed by an 11 year old.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tingtawng

he looks very elderly ...

Fulham Turn To Switzerland Boss Ottmar Hitzfield As Potential Successor To Roy Hodgson
By Kenneth on Tuesday, 13th July 2010

Fulham have begun talks with Switzerland manager Ottmar Hitzfield with a view to appoint the veteran German coach to replace departed former boss Roy Hodgson. The Craven Cottage outfit has been speaking to Sven Goran Eriksson but the Swede's exorbitant wage demands could scupper any hopes of a return to the Premier League.

Hitzfield has emerged as the shock candidate to be the next Fulham boss and he arrives on the back of guiding Switzerland to a stunning 1-0 victory over World Cup champions Spain in the two sides' opening group game in South Africa. However, there was to be no fairytale for the Swiss as they eventually failed to qualify for the knockout rounds.

The former Champions League winner with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund has already spoken with Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh and could make a late debut in the Premier League after spending most of his managerial career in Germany and Switzerland.

The 61-year-old has all the credentials to manage a Premier League club after winning nine league titles in Germany and Switzerland and is only one of three managers who have won the Champions League with two different clubs, the others being Ernst Happel and Jose Mourinho.

However, the German has a contract with the Swiss until 2012 which could prove a barrier to negotiations but Fulham remain confident of getting their man if they intend to go for Hitzfield's glittering track record.

It appears to come down to either Hitzfield and Eriksson, with early frontrunners like Alan Curbishley, Mark Hughes and Glenn Hoddle all believed to have been ruled out. Former Manchester City coach Eriksson – who has just completed a short spell as Ivory Coast boss at the recently concluded World Cup 2010 finals – is thought to want more than the £1.5 million basic salary that Fulham have offered, but the club is believed to have baulked at his demands.
Nuffnang Ads
IN SVEN VE TVUST

os5889

Did anyone watch Switzerland at the world cup, I did, and they had one counter attack and 1 goal in the tournament.... They made Greece look expansive at times, Fulham and Switzerland I would envisage playing similar stuff under the fella