watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No interest in tomorrows game?

Started by NorfolkJim, February 20, 2015, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Shocked at how little content has been posted regarding tomorrows match. We have not even sold out our allocation.
Millwall's New Den is a ground I've never been to so looking forward to it. I also think we can win it. Last week I thought we would lose and we did.
Hope there is a bit more enthusiasm on the day than at present.

leonffc

I'm looking forward to the day out Jim but I cant remember the last game I actually enjoyed for the football. Sheff Wed was good. Bournemouth away? Again, a great trip and I think I enjoyed the game but the trip may have impaired my actual memory of the football itself (not because I was lashed).
Since then, the games have been thick and fast the last 6 weeks and I've hardly had time to reflect but I know I'm getting bored of it all and I think it is down to the football quality rather than the quantity!
Actually, was it Reading we beat in the last minute? that was good but was it a good game or just a great late winner full of relief?

I said in another thread earlier in the week, after tomorrow, I have Derby at home, then 4 weeks off due to other commitments and I think I need the break!!
But back to tomorrow, we've sold the top tier at least so hopefully we'll generate some noise, have a good crack and see some good football and three points. Looking at the form guide though, neither them or us are looking good enough to offer up a great game.

here's to a good day out tomorrow. COYW  049:gif

Buffalo76

I went there the last time we played them hence why i'm not going back there. Horrible bunch of fans, some of who came right over to the end of one of the stands and spent most of the game more interested in acting the scum that they are towards us rather than watching the game itself. After the game finished we were kept inside the stadium for about 45 mins for our own safety. So good luck on your trip. Rather you than me.

Martinsback

Spoke to fans of Swindon and Aston Villa who took their children to Millwall to see games when their teams played there, and they both said "never again". They said it was the worst football experience they have had and that they hated the experience. It's a pity they are such idiots at that club as my grandfather apparently supported them.

leonffc

It's my boys 14th birthday Sunday. Birthday beats on the cards?!

Logicalman

I think there's plenty of interest, but stymied with a sense of foreboding unfortunately, thus the lack of posts.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Northern Cottager

I want to wake up after the Leeds game. Feel the next few weeks could be brutal.

Admin

I have interest, but I think the majority of people are approaching this game looking through one eye, because they know whats coming. A kind of 'I don't want to watch' type approach.

For once, I'd just wish we'd go there, roll up our sleeves, turn Millwall over, and come back with the bloody points rather than making hard work of it. I'm not saying this selfishly, because football doesn't work like that, Millwall won't be a push over, but how many are already dreading Saturday based on the following;

Concede early, concede late, play narrow, no width, no fight, no physical approach, no shots, late / wrong substitutions, hand Millwall their 1st home win since August, thats how predictable games have become unfortunately.

I live in hope, and hope I've got this totally wrong..

davew

It will probably be bad enough listening to it let alone watching it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Travers Barney

Enquired about a ticket for my mate at 10ish this morning and the Fulham ticket office guy said to me (without me asking strangely) that we had sold just under 1800 tickets and that there were approximately 300 left in the top tier which they would continue selling today and any unsold ones would be available tomorrow from Millwall...additionally they would open up the lower tier if necessary.

Looking forward to it.

coyw
We are the whites

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on February 20, 2015, 05:58:01 PM
I went there the last time we played them hence why i'm not going back there. Horrible bunch of fans, some of who came right over to the end of one of the stands and spent most of the game more interested in acting the scum that they are towards us rather than watching the game itself. After the game finished we were kept inside the stadium for about 45 mins for our own safety. So good luck on your trip. Rather you than me.

I remember it well

leonffc

Quote from: Travers Barney on February 20, 2015, 08:02:46 PM
Enquired about a ticket for my mate at 10ish this morning and the Fulham ticket office guy said to me (without me asking strangely) that we had sold just under 1800 tickets and that there were approximately 300 left in the top tier which they would continue selling today and any unsold ones would be available tomorrow from Millwall...additionally they would open up the lower tier if necessary.

Looking forward to it.

coyw

Top tier gone apparently. Lower on sale at Milwall on the day

Scrumpy

I think plenty are looking forward to it, but as others have said, it could be a tough one to take if we lose. Think it may be a tipping point for many, if we do.

As always, the Fulham fans that travel will be in fine voice, and I intend to be pretty well pickled by the time I leave London Bridge for the game.  049:gif We'll give our all for the team, until they inevitably let us down and then most will turn on the team and it will all get very ugly and depressing. Millwall fans will waste no time in rubbing it in, we'll be kept back for 30 minutes, and the train will be replaced with a bus replacement on the way home.

Yeah, looking forward to it!  :005:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Admin

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 20, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
I think plenty are looking forward to it, but as others have said, it could be a tough one to take if we lose. Think it may be a tipping point for many, if we do.

As always, the Fulham fans that travel will be in fine voice, and I intend to be pretty well pickled by the time I leave London Bridge for the game.  049:gif We'll give our all for the team, until they inevitably let us down and then most will turn on the team and it will all get very ugly and depressing. Millwall fans will waste no time in rubbing it in, we'll be kept back for 30 minutes, and the train will be replaced with a bus replacement on the way home.

Yeah, looking forward to it!  :005:

I just actually sat there for 5 minutes, stared into space, and lived that whole scenario  :58:

Travers Barney

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 20, 2015, 09:36:43 PM

As always, the Fulham fans that travel will be in fine voice, and I intend to be pretty well pickled by the time I leave London Bridge for the game.  049:gif We'll give our all for the team, until they inevitably let us down and then most will turn on the team and it will all get very ugly and depressing. Millwall fans will waste no time in rubbing it in, we'll be kept back for 30 minutes, and the train will be replaced with a bus replacement on the way home.

Yeah, looking forward to it!  :005:

Have you ever thought about a career in the Fulham PR Dept
We are the whites

ScalleysDad

In a way the build up starts tonight with the Wigan revival shot to bits already but Charlton bombing up the table with the three points. Leeds getting beaten at lunch time would be a good appetiser as 38 points and going level with them would be the reward for a win. However you just cannot help looking downwards. I will be hoping Rotherham get tanked and at most Brighton is a nil nil. 

Travers Barney

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 20, 2015, 09:47:11 PM
In a way the build up starts tonight with the Wigan revival shot to bits already but Charlton bombing up the table with the three points. Leeds getting beaten at lunch time would be a good appetiser as 38 points and going level with them would be the reward for a win. However you just cannot help looking downwards. I will be hoping Rotherham get tanked and at most Brighton is a nil nil. 

Dunno about Rotherham getting tanked sounds like FOF regular and all round good guy Scrumpy intends to get tanked up.

coyw
We are the whites

Scrumpy

Quote from: Travers Barney on February 20, 2015, 09:51:02 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 20, 2015, 09:47:11 PM

Dunno about Rotherham getting tanked sounds like FOF regular and all round good guy Scrumpy intends to get tanked up.

coyw
Might be one of those where the pub feels more and more comfortable! You may need to give me a shove out the door at 2.30pm.

See you tomorrow.  092.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Berserker

I shall be driving down the M6
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Wingnut

On the 11.40 ish flight to Gatwick. Looking forward to it myself as I have never been to Millwall before. Really important that we don't lose tomorrow. COYW
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.