watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Expecting four defeats in a row

Started by domprague, February 21, 2015, 08:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

So...Wolves and Watford away and Derby and Bournemouth at home. I'm not expecting anything from those games and so two points from our last five matches will become two points from nine. Looks like we'll have to hope that other teams continue to fail.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Mince n Tatties

If we dont get 5 points from them games, then were doomed Im afraid.

andyk

We can write them off, then we need to get 5 wins from our last 10 games and we will scrape home. Exciting eh, where is that bloody banner, believe.

Robbie

The only saving grace is that this is The Championship and weird stuff happens - Watford at home today?!

David Allen Crankshaw

I would expect two wins from these games.

domprague

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Robbie on February 21, 2015, 09:12:52 PM
The only saving grace is that this is The Championship and weird stuff happens - Watford at home today?!

Norwich storming up the league under Alex Neil and he only 33.
Easy this management game.

Fulham76

Quote from: domprague on February 21, 2015, 08:19:28 PM
So...Wolves and Watford away and Derby and Bournemouth at home. I'm not expecting anything from those games and so two points from our last five matches will become two points from nine. Looks like we'll have to hope that other teams continue to fail.

I also am expecting 4 defeats from those 4. Worryingly though, the 3 after that don't give me much confidence either!

hovewhite

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

It doesn't seem much different to me at the moment supporting Fulham than it has mostly felt.

I remember going  to Watford  in the old Div 2, when we had to win to stay up - and we got a 4 -0 hammering. The next game was the last game of the season , and I have a vivid memory of standing on the Hammersmith End joining in singing 'loyal supporters.'

Today, people would sneer at that - but it didn't mean we weren't critical of the club, and the way it was run.

I honestly don't think things are that bad today compared to the past. We aren't relegated yet, but people speak as if we were down and out.

I have generally enjoyed this league more than the Prem - seeing us win  away has been an almost new experience for me, after  regularly seeing us get beaten away in the Prem years, usually hammered at such places as Anfield and old Trafford. Old Trafford.

It just the last few weeks that have obviously been hard to take, but for me that is all part of supporting Fulham.

When I returned from Blackburn the other week my wife said -'I'm sorry you lost'. and I replied  'well, if you go to a football match, you have to accept the possibility that your team will lose' ' especially if you follow Fulham ', I might have added.

alfie

The answer is don't expect anything just take what comes.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I like that idea Alfie.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

domprague

Twig

I expect more than 0 points, most likely a couple of draws for 2 pts (not much I know but better than nothing).

filham

The writing has been on the wall for a while now bur it is getting worserer and worserer by the match.

Just a very faint hope that the return of Hoogland, Lovebite and Ruiz could improve things but where are they ?

davew

Even Felix might have beaten that had he been allowed to stay!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2015, 04:06:19 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 21, 2015, 08:33:02 PM
If we dont get 5 points from them games, then were doomed Im afraid.

DOOMED to be DOOMED !!!!
Never heard you say that before!

davew

Quote from: alfie on February 22, 2015, 09:02:27 AM

The answer is don't expect anything just take what comes.

Probably right, if none of us had any expectations at the start of the season nobody would be disappointed now!