watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most inept performance in your fulham supporting days

Started by Travers Barney, February 21, 2015, 09:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Depends partly on definition of inept. Incompetence would mean that Jim Hicks would get it every time, but he did put in effort so there was something heroic about him...so I would exclude him.
So my vote on an individual's ineptness is Ahmed Elrich and his "performance" against Orient in the Cup in a 2-1 home defeat. He lasted 60 minutes in a game in which he was supposed to show what he could do (having being dropped from the first team for a few weeks) but he demonstrated why he remains the oddest 3 year contract we have ever given to anybody. 

fulhams_finest

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 21, 2015, 10:18:17 PM
The whole team at Stoke,  considering we needed to win to stay up it was a disgrace. Bunch of bottle jobs.

There's others but the significance of it made it the worst for me.

what about hull away? both disgraceful performances

Tonywa

Lincoln City away Boxing Day 1994. We lost 0-4 to a side who had not won a home game since the opening day of the season. It snowed and we were absolutely abject.  According to Simon Morgan's book Mickey Adams used to use this performance whenever he wanted to gee up the players as those who had been on the field that day were a total disgrace and Mickey wanted to shame them.  I think Morgs said it was the only game in his entire professional career where he actually gave up before the end of the match. Due to the bad weather the coach journey to and from Lincoln was a nightmare and I remember the final straw being having to wait a whole hour on a freezing Putney Bridge for the 85 bus for the last leg home. Travelling conditions were so bad that from leaving home to getting back that night took something like fourteen or fifteen hours in total. It just doesn't come any worse.

dannyboi-ffc

If its an individual performance then Ruiz debut has to be up there. Zverotic against Blackpool this season.  Pretty much every game bent or JAR played for us, Mitroglou debut off the bench against WBA away. Fabric Fernandes vs Burnley away.

I could be here all day.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Rhys Lightning 63

Either the 3-0 against Southampton, or 4-1 against Sunderland from last year. Both were poor, but don't know which is worse
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Artful Dodger

Quote from: bobbo on February 22, 2015, 07:56:39 AM
Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on February 22, 2015, 06:45:18 AM
It has to be the performance at Hull last season. No score at half-time and they score six in the second period. It was so woeful I left after the third goal to catch an early train home.
call yerself a supporter lol
I stayed to the bitter end and I think given the opposition in comparison to us, it was the worst I have seen. Lincoln City away on Boxing Day in the mid 90's was pretty shocking as well but we kind of expected in those days!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Tonywa on February 22, 2015, 02:30:31 PM
Lincoln City away Boxing Day 1994. We lost 0-4 to a side who had not won a home game since the opening day of the season. It snowed and we were absolutely abject.  According to Simon Morgan's book Mickey Adams used to use this performance whenever he wanted to gee up the players as those who had been on the field that day were a total disgrace and Mickey wanted to shame them.  I think Morgs said it was the only game in his entire professional career where he actually gave up before the end of the match. Due to the bad weather the coach journey to and from Lincoln was a nightmare and I remember the final straw being having to wait a whole hour on a freezing Putney Bridge for the 85 bus for the last leg home. Travelling conditions were so bad that from leaving home to getting back that night took something like fourteen or fifteen hours in total. It just doesn't come any worse.
Ha, just seen your post after I nominated this match too. Luckily, I only had a 90 minute journey back to Leeds and it was still shocking! The following year I went, got to the ground and found it was called off due to a water logged pitch. I think that counted as a better day out as we ended up in the pub all afternoon instead!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Tonywa

Quote from: Artful Dodger on February 22, 2015, 03:09:36 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on February 22, 2015, 02:30:31 PM
Ha, just seen your post after I nominated this match too. Luckily, I only had a 90 minute journey back to Leeds and it was still shocking! The following year I went, got to the ground and found it was called off due to a water logged pitch. I think that counted as a better day out as we ended up in the pub all afternoon instead!!

You were lucky on the day of the washout.  The official club coach just turned straight round and drive back to London. Still better than the 0-4.

bobbo

Quote from: Peabody on February 22, 2015, 11:26:30 AM
As for the most inept, well at home to Hayes in the cup has to up there.
yep Peabody I was there and what made it worse was I used to play with their manager Harry manoe. Keep forget all thos s*** performances
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

Qpr away under jol we were abysmal then west ham under jol 3-0
Last season stoke away hull away sheff utd home and away.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: hovewhite on February 22, 2015, 09:14:28 PM
Qpr away under jol we were abysmal then west ham under jol 3-0
Last season stoke away hull away sheff utd home and away.

God that Qpr game was depressing. Didn't go to west ham but it was hard work watching it on the tele. We've had some real shockers down the years
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Scrumpy

There was a guy called John Watson who Ray Lew brought down from Scotland in the hope he would score goals. He really struggled and I remember some of his performances being just awful. Anyone in the Enclosure will remember his celebration when he did finally score  :005:.

And what about Steve McAnespie? We spent quite a bit on him (Keegan or Wilkins. I think), and the guy was terrible. I remember some of his dis-interested performances really making me angry.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.