watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's official site, very lame.

Started by jarv, July 13, 2010, 03:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Now I know any company which puts up a website is with the primary aim of SELLING the product. Once you get past the pages to buy a season ticket, ticket for a game, boat ride down the thames or dinner with an ex player (which of course I would like to do if I could afford it), there is very little else of interest.
Surely some more information, points of interest, stuff that supporters are REALLY interested in could be included.
I had a look this morning (1st time in ages) and it was a big....nothing. (Surely pre-season it should be full of good stuff). I have seen some non league team sites which are more appealling.
I guess, as a premier team you don't have to try so hard to reach out to the supporters and local community.
This site, however, has become a pleasure to check every day (sad to say many times). I love some of the nostalgia, the comments on old players, the JH interview (watched it 3 times), local pubs etc etc.. It makes me feel at home. (I live in USA, used to live in Putney for many years.)

Huge

I completely agree, i dont even bother going to look at it  anymore, i know that if there is anything interesting going on then it will soon be posted on here.
Plus the forum is full of keyboard warriors and agressive teeny boppers, Love FoF why go any where else? (rhetoric)
The Dude abides

mrska

It's a complete joke..  Just like the Launch of next seasons kit...  thought it was meant to be Monday???

I can smell an AIRNESS coming on!

Flerfs

This is the only Fulham site I'll read now.  The official page is, as you say, really just a front end to a shop with a forum tacked on.  The forum there is mainly filled with useless banter between idiots, so it's never worth reading.

FFCBadger

I Agree, however, I also believe that the club has inexplicably alienated it's supporters in regards to the clubs apparent 'non'-activity over past few days/weeks stemming from Roy's departure, and our search for his replacement.

I'm not suggesting that the club name names' at this point concerning potential candidates for the job, as it would be foolish for the club to comment on tabloid speculation, but perhaps just an update on what's going on behind the scenes at our club would be nice - info regarding how the search for our new manager is progressing and/or a confirmation of how close we may be to an appointment. Currently, I admit to becoming increasingly concerned about the longetivity of this particular process, with the club entering pre-season without a manager which is undoubtedly effecting our ability to attract/retain players in the transfer market.

All the uncertainly surrounding FFC may destabilize the team going into the new season, and ultimately this is too the increased detriment of the club the longer it drags on, and with just over a month until our opening league fixture, we currently have no idea as to when a new manager may be appointed. Admittedly, if were looking to appoint a high profile manager such as Hitzfeld or Sven, than you could perhaps excuse the time it's taken to identify Roy's predecessor, but still, you would have presumed that the board/chairman would have prepared themselves for Roy's impending departure, and lined up various replacements beforehand as to avoid disruption going into pre-season.

Clearly, a little communication via the official website would have been significantly re-assuring for the clubs supporters...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FFCBadger on July 13, 2010, 04:45:57 PM
I Agree, however, I also believe that the club has inexplicably alienated it's supporters in regards to the clubs apparent 'non'-activity over past few days/weeks stemming from Roy's departure, and our search for his replacement.

I'm not suggesting that the club name names' at this point concerning potential candidates for the job, as it would be foolish for the club to comment on tabloid speculation, but perhaps just an update on what's going on behind the scenes at our club would be nice - info regarding how the search for our new manager is progressing and/or a confirmation of how close we may be to an appointment. Currently, I admit to becoming increasingly concerned about the longetivity of this particular process, with the club entering pre-season without a manager which is undoubtedly effecting our ability to attract/retain players in the transfer market.

All the uncertainly surrounding FFC may destabilize the team going into the new season, and ultimately this is too the increased detriment of the club the longer it drags on, and with just over a month until our league fixture, we currently have no idea as to when a new manager may be appointed. Admittedly, if were looking to appoint a high profile manager such as Hitzfeld or Sven, than you could perhaps excuse the time it's taken to identify Roy's predecessor, but still, you would have presumed that the board/chairman would have prepared themselves for Roy's impending departure, and lined up various replacements beforehand as to avoid disruption going into pre-season.

Clearly, a little communication via the official website would have been significantly re-assuring for the clubs supporters...

I think you contradict yourself a bit there FFCBadger. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't know what the club could release. A statement like 'the club are looking for a new manager' is pointless, as is 'the club will appoint the new manger by friday' as that would undermine any negotiations they are having.

What could the club realistically come out and say?

FFCBadger

On reflection, AFC, I would tend to agree with you. It would be a pointless excercise for the club to comment on things we already know and/or are blindingly obvious.

All I can say is, the article itself was born mostly out of frustation at our current managerial predicament - and lack of news.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FFCBadger on July 13, 2010, 05:07:21 PM
On reflection, AFC, I would tend to agree with you. It would be a pointless excercise for the club to comment on things we already know and/or are blindingly obvious.

All I can say is, the article itself was born mostly out of frustation at our current managerial predicament - and lack of news.

completely understand, it is irritating me as well. Lets hope for news tomorrow!

tingtawng

belt and braces job as they know Mo will fork out more than mere mortals ,its dumps a whole pile of cookies on your system too.
bloated and orrible  site
IN SVEN VE TVUST