more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can anyone help with this FFC picture?

Started by Admin, February 23, 2015, 10:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Recently posted on the Fulham Facebook page

A friend has just sent me this picture and although my first match at the Cottage was with my Dad was in about 64/65 this squad from 69/70 was one of the first I can remember with clarity and affection.

Correct me If I am wrong, but I think they are as follows

Back Row
Wilf Tranter, Reg Matthewson, Vic Halom, Bill Williamson, Ian Seymour Dave Roberts, John Gilchrist, Dave Moreline

Middle Row
Steve Earle, The Maestro, Stanley Horne is colourful, Jimmy Conway, Cliff Jones, Frank Large

Front Row
Barry Lloyd, Mike Pentecost, Les Barrett, Fred Callaghan, and ?

Not sure but possibly Barry Salvage or Brendan Mullen??

LBNo11

Quote from: Admin on February 23, 2015, 10:17:46 PM

A friend has just sent me this picture and although my first match at the Cottage was with my Dad was in about 64/65 this squad from 69/70 was one of the first I can remember with clarity and affection.

Back Row
Wilf Tranter, Reg Matthewson, Vic Halom, Bill Williamson, Ian Seymour Dave Roberts, John Gilchrist, Daniel O'Leary

Middle Row
Steve Earle, The Maestro, Stan Brown, Stanley Horne is colourful, Jimmy Conway, Cliff Jones, Frank Large

Front Row
Barry Lloyd, Mike Pentecost, Les Barrett, Fred Callaghan, and David Moreline

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

dannyboi-ffc

Are you seriously that old? You've lived a stress free life if you are. I thought you were in your 30 's
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

I first saw Fulham live the following season by which time Les Barrett had dispensed with his beard. Recognised most, though but they sure look young!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tonywa

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 23, 2015, 10:29:11 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 23, 2015, 10:17:46 PM

Back Row
Wilf Tranter, Reg Matthewson, Vic Halom, Bill Williamson, Ian Seymour Dave Roberts, John Gilchrist, Daniel O'Leary

Middle Row
Steve Earle, The Maestro, Stan Brown, Stanley Horne is colourful, Jimmy Conway, Cliff Jones, Frank Large

Front Row
Barry Lloyd, Mike Pentecost, Les Barrett, Fred Callaghan, and David Moreline

Brian Williamson not Bill and the midfielder signed form Millwall was always called Danny O'Leary rather than Daniel.

Cheers

Tonywa

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 24, 2015, 03:20:40 PM
I thought that Danny O'Leary. Looks more like John Conway. Jimmy Conways brother.

But John Conway wasn't even at the club during the one season John Gilchrist had with us.

Southcoastffc

I never knew that Cliff Jones played for Fulham!  What a wonderful player he was with Spurs - what was he like with us? 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

keith

He was a trier, but I think he was a bit old when the 69/70 Season came around. Saying that, he was selected for the Welsh squad in August, I think?.

Arthur

Seeing that picture again brings back nostalgic memories. Ominously, we had just suffered back-to-back relegations and were about to embark on our first season in the third tier of football for almost 40 years.

If I were to pick a best XI from that group of players and our current squad, it would be as follows:

Seymour

Gilchrist                    Matthewson                              Roberts                    Callaghan

Conway                             Brown                              Haynes                     Barrett

Earle                               McCormack

I wonder whether other old-timers agree or have I allowed nostalgia to get the better of me? Is Bettinelli a better prospect than Seymour? Should either Ruiz or Christensen replace Stan Brown? Would Bodurov be a better partner for Matthewson than Dave Roberts?

If this is the best XI, however, should I be worried that it only includes one of our current squad of players or is this merely an indication of a general lowering of the standard of football outside of the top-flight?