more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Before we get too depressed

Started by NorfolkJim, February 24, 2015, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

If we had won just 1 more game than we have we would currently be mid table

I know we played awful against Millwall and not much better in our previous games but the team does have it in them to get wins - remember Sheffield Wednesday?

Its a tough next few games but lets not be beaten before we even take to the field

Chutney

This is way to positive for this board.
C O Y W

westcliff white

i think we will win 3 of our next 6 games :)
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on February 24, 2015, 01:51:57 PM
i think we will win 3 of our next 6 games :)

I think that we are much closer to winning games than most give us credit for. That's the most confidence that I can muster.

I'm hopeful that Kit and the players can find what it is that we are lacking up front and don't forget defense in the search for it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Apprentice to the Maestro

If we had played as well as we had in some of our better games under Kit we could have gained six points from the last two games and, as NorfolkJim says, be in a comfortable mid-table position with few worries about the rest of the season.

We might have hoped that the players would have recognised that and put in a collective better performance to take the pressure off themselves. They ought to be seriously regretting their recent underperformances in matches where points were there for the taking. They have played themselves in to a relegation battle and now face a battle to regain some confidence as well as points against some of the top teams against whom we have struggled all season.

I am not too worried about the attitude of the supporters although their confidence and cheering can help the team but I am now worried about the confidence of the players some of whom looked fragile in recent games.

nose

i was very positive until the minute after the transfer window closed.
Bringing in nobody of note has sent a shock wave through the club and it is my belief that this permeates from the supporters to the staff, especially the players who all know we need and needed to show some proper commitment to rebuilding for the future.

A lot of wehat we are seeing looks like a team low on moral, not because of the manager, Kit, but because of the management, at a more senior level. A stay away chairman exhibiting no leadership, except for a few nice words every now and then, and a failed board of directors that remain in situ.

I am feeling as low on confidence and optimism as I can ever remember adn i am willing to predict an unfortunate result tonight.... I honestly cannot see us winning away from home midweek. There is not even a pre match video again.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 24, 2015, 03:57:53 PM
At the moment we do not look as though we can beat a carpet.
Now I share all your concerns, and there are players that are looking fragile, and perhaps have lost a little confidence.
However, this is a mans game, and they get well paid to play football, they are down the coal face, or on the Docks or digging holes in the road, and then filling them in.
So I don't feel sorry for them, Especially the milky ones who wear gloves in 46 degrees, not including the Goal Keeper.
Maybe some of them should be reminded that there are no prisoners taken in a relegation battle and should man up and show a pair of plums, because whether your 19 or 29, this clubs future and their future is at stake, and the Manager has to walk into that dressing room and crack the whip, and read the riot act, and they have to show a strong mentality. Teams can mirror their manager, and Kit if he hasn't done already has got to let them know what's at stake. If those players haven't the strength or the grit, then play someone who has, cause he must know by now who the Jack Regans are as opposed to the Jack Frosts, and on a cold February night at Molyneux, when a player is eating dirt after being fouled for the umpteenth time, you want to see him get up straight away without any gloves on and get stuck in until he drops, and if the manager isn't doing that, and neither is the player, then you had better start worrying, so no mollycoddling, I can't stand that, they are not Stuck in a shell crater ten miles behind enemy lines, or carrying out 12 hour shifts At night on a deserted building site on their own patrolling for intruders. Being paid minimum wage. They get well paid for doing a job they love. So my words to them in the dressing room, is start earning it, or they will be brought off that pitch quicker than they went on. The time has come to start busting a gut for the team, the manager. The long suffering loyal supporters, and the club, and if they cannot or do not give 100%, then shame on them, because those players who do not, are not worth supporting.
As another Topic on this Forum states Cometh the Hour Cometh the Man, that surely applies to tonight's match. Because if they don't show up tonight and fight to the last minute, then we are on a sticky wicket.
They should remember, " THE FIRST 90 MINUTES IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, " and also remember, " THE BALL NEVER GETS TIRED. "

I absolutely agree.... what a great speech!!!!    I want you as the manager!
If they can't pull their fingers out after that motivational stuff what can they do?

alfie

the most difficult and longest word in the dictionary

"IF"

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 24, 2015, 03:57:53 PM
At the moment we do not look as though we can beat a carpet.
Now I share all your concerns, and there are players that are looking fragile, and perhaps have lost a little confidence.
However, this is a mans game, and they get well paid to play football, they are down the coal face, or on the Docks or digging holes in the road, and then filling them in.
So I don't feel sorry for them, Especially the milky ones who wear gloves in 46 degrees, not including the Goal Keeper.
Maybe some of them should be reminded that there are no prisoners taken in a relegation battle and should man up and show a pair of plums, because whether your 19 or 29, this clubs future and their future is at stake, and the Manager has to walk into that dressing room and crack the whip, and read the riot act, and they have to show a strong mentality. Teams can mirror their manager, and Kit if he hasn't done already has got to let them know what's at stake. If those players haven't the strength or the grit, then play someone who has, cause he must know by now who the Jack Regans are as opposed to the Jack Frosts, and on a cold February night at Molyneux, when a player is eating dirt after being fouled for the umpteenth time, you want to see him get up straight away without any gloves on and get stuck in until he drops, and if the manager isn't doing that, and neither is the player, then you had better start worrying, so no mollycoddling, I can't stand that, they are not Stuck in a shell crater ten miles behind enemy lines, or carrying out 12 hour shifts At night on a deserted building site on their own patrolling for intruders. Being paid minimum wage. They get well paid for doing a job they love. So my words to them in the dressing room, is start earning it, or they will be brought off that pitch quicker than they went on. The time has come to start busting a gut for the team, the manager. The long suffering loyal supporters, and the club, and if they cannot or do not give 100%, then shame on them, because those players who do not, are not worth supporting.
As another Topic on this Forum states Cometh the Hour Cometh the Man, that surely applies to tonight's match. Because if they don't show up tonight and fight to the last minute, then we are on a sticky wicket.
They should remember, " THE FIRST 90 MINUTES IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, " and also remember, " THE BALL NEVER GETS TIRED. "

Nice one

Best post you've done.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Woolly so in summary you are saying we are not DOOMED yet?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham1959

Quote from: nose on February 24, 2015, 03:35:04 PM
i was very positive until the minute after the transfer window closed.
Bringing in nobody of note has sent a shock wave through the club and it is my belief that this permeates from the supporters to the staff, especially the players who all know we need and needed to show some proper commitment to rebuilding for the future.

A lot of wehat we are seeing looks like a team low on moral, not because of the manager, Kit, but because of the management, at a more senior level. A stay away chairman exhibiting no leadership, except for a few nice words every now and then, and a failed board of directors that remain in situ.

I am feeling as low on confidence and optimism as I can ever remember adn i am willing to predict an unfortunate result tonight.... I honestly cannot see us winning away from home midweek. There is not even a pre match video again.

They are not done for midweek matches  -  it would be overkill.

Besides, I don't want to hear Sarah saying "Good Luck" to Kit, any more  -  it's almost the kiss of death !

ealex40

I remember being depressed after going to the game at Wolves in September 1959.  We lost 0-9 and were lucky to get '0'