watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OPTA Stats

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 25, 2015, 02:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Why oh why do the club keep putting this crap on the front page ?
Who gives a monkeys and as it's been quoted by many on here numerous times,
stats bear no relationship to points or league position.

It has the opposite effect of trying to pacify and compensate us fans in so far
as (in my case) they think it's at all relevant and leads me to believe they think I'm stupid.
:
Here's some stats the stats bear out

Fulham scored 0 goals last night and conceded 3
Fulham played a diamond again knowing Wolves are great down the wings.
Sako must have had a boner when he saw our line up.
The players got paid vast sums, the fans who valiantly made the trip paid lots of money.
We have not won in 8 games.
Blah blah blah

We hover like lemmings on a cliff

Wakey Wakey Fulham don't undermine our intelligence..........again

Roger the Dunce
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

grandad

These stats are like wallpapering over cracks. They hide the truth.
Reading Kit´s interview he almost makes out that he was happy with the performance. We lost 3-0 & Wolves could have doubled that but decided to take the 2nd half at a canter as they also have a lot of matches coming up.
The only stats that matter are,how many points did we get & how many goals did we score.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Logicalman

I guess it's the clubs way of trying to show something is going right, or perhaps, being more mischievous, this is the crap they are feeding Khan and the board in an effort to keep them happy in ignorance.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Apprentice to the Maestro

The club, or rather the web team, like posters, feel they have to fill up empty space. And they presumably have paid for the stats.

FFC1987

I hope this is what Khan was presented with when management gave their excuses and his response was 'What was the score, that's all that matters...'

Logicalman

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 25, 2015, 03:01:22 PM
The club, or rather the web team, like posters, feel they have to fill up empty space. And they presumably have paid for the stats.

Is this a case of he who pays the piper then? Or do the stats actually have some bearing on reality?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFC1987

Quote from: Logicalman on February 25, 2015, 03:02:26 PM

Is this a case of he who pays the piper then? Or do the stats actually have some bearing on reality?

I think this line would have some credence if the stats suggested we had been unlucky for 8 games but sadly they don't.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Here's a stat:

For the last 10 years we were in the PS and selling out most games and except for
the last couple of years it was a happy camp and wonderful ride.

Now we're not and I'm surprised we're getting the gates we are.

Print that on the banner heading

Admin

Unfortunately, this is the way that our Clubs is being run now, the American way, using bloody stats for everything. "statistically" we were going to be OK last season, and "statistically" we'll be OK again this. "statistically" we didn't need any players this window.... and so on, get the picture?

I made the point that this model failed miserably at Liverpool, and that it wouldn't hurt having a couple of "experienced" footballing figures on the board of directors, to make footballing decisions in times like these.

Whether or not it fell on deaf ears is a different matter. 

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I was standing on the Mortlake side  across the Thames on a sunny day in May looking at the Cottage. The club was back on the up as we had just won the CS (or whatever it was called)
I pondered the fact that credibility was given to the stats then because they deserved it.

The river was calm and clear and I had a distinct feeling of peace and a sense of tranquility and
relished......

The Credence of an across the Thames Clear Water Revival

Quote from: Logicalman on February 25, 2015, 03:02:26 PM

The original question was why do the club keep putting the stats on the front page. I was answering that.

I full well understand the problem with stats. I have quoted before the example that in one match Geoff Hurst apparently only touched the ball for 15 seconds in a match during which he scored three goals.

The reason behind the managerial change at Brentford is apparently because the owner wants to move towards making decisions based on 'moneyball' type stats. It will be interesting to see how they fair. I predict 'not well '.

MJG

Too many of you getting upset over nothing. They have been putting these stats up for a while and if they stopped then people would moan they are not doing because we are losing.
Simply don't look at them if you have no interest in them.

Logicalman

There are lies, damned lies, and there then are stats!!!!!

mangoputney

From last few months of Jol, non replacement of Demps Danny Dembele hangover and MAF ensuring he got every penny back and more, FFC last 24 months, league games alone

Lost 47 and conceded 161

SUSTAINABLE RELEGATION
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation