watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Fulham get relegated....

Started by Nick Bateman, February 25, 2015, 06:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

.... 'stay away owner' Khan will announce the cancellation of the Riverside redevelopment owing to a change of capacity needed at a Division One club.

They will instead have new plan, turning Craven Cottage into a 3-stand ground, with luxury flats on the Thamesbank.  They may even have a breakaway company which owns the development site which can be sold in the future as prime real estate for hundreds of millions of pounds, while the rest of the stadium receives none of those proceeds.

Eventually, even the 'diehard' fans will not accept such shoddy ownership and lack of investment in the team they will join the sack the board chants.  Khan will then admit, he did not know enough about the business, sell up, with around $300million in his American wallet.

Please say this will never happen!?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

HV71

It will not happen. We will not be relegated . Rotherham & Millwall will battle it out for the third place. One might come good but not both. So it will never happen even though we are clueless.

alfie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 25, 2015, 06:02:20 PM
.... 'stay away owner' Khan will announce the cancellation of the Riverside redevelopment owing to a change of capacity needed at a Division One club.

They will instead have new plan, turning Craven Cottage into a 3-stand ground, with luxury flats on the Thamesbank.  They may even have a breakaway company which owns the development site which can be sold in the future as prime real estate for hundreds of millions of pounds, while the rest of the stadium receives none of those proceeds.

Eventually, even the 'diehard' fans will not accept such shoddy ownership and lack of investment in the team they will join the sack the board chants.  Khan will then admit, he did not know enough about the business, sell up, with around $300million in his American wallet.

for goodness sake what's with this "stay away owner" business, the guy lives in the states, now days we have things like telephones, Skype, etc etc,
When MAF moved to Switzerland his attendance dropped.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HV71 on February 25, 2015, 06:28:47 PM
It will not happen. We will not be relegated . Rotherham & Millwall will battle it out for the third place. One might come good but not both. So it will never happen even though we are clueless.

Never happen?
Now where have I read that before I wonder.

Sgt Fulham

I remember last season saying "at least in the championship we might actually win some games!". How its come to this... sad really.

ron

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 25, 2015, 07:05:45 PM

Never happen?
Now where have I read that before I wonder.

That "never" ain't 'alf a long time.........

HV71

Fair point Ron - I did mean this season and should have said so.

ToodlesMcToot

From what i read about the man, he is a creator and not a destroyer. He will not, even if it is possible under the governance of the site, degrade the Cottage ground.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: alfie on February 25, 2015, 07:05:08 PM

They will instead have new plan, turning Craven Cottage into a 3-stand ground, with luxury flats on the Thamesbank.  They may even have a breakaway company which owns the development site which can be sold in the future as prime real estate for hundreds of millions of pounds, while the rest of the stadium receives none of those proceeds.

Eventually, even the 'diehard' fans will not accept such shoddy ownership and lack of investment in the team they will join the sack the board chants.  Khan will then admit, he did not know enough about the business, sell up, with around $300million in his American wallet.

for goodness sake what's with this "stay away owner" business, the guy lives in the states, now days we have things like telephones, Skype, etc etc,

There is no more connection with "stay away owner" and success/failure as a club than there is with "there for every game owner" and success/failure as a club. It's not nearly that simple.

Nick Bateman

I actually agree with you, and still have faith in Khan. 

But reality is, if we do go down the plans drawn up for a Premiership club would be torn up!  Remember MAF's 30,000 seater stadium that did not happen?

The Riverside is not protected by any planning restrictions and being on the Thames is a FANASTIC plot of land for luxury flats. The area is beautiful and a developer's dream.

And American's have never been slow in knowing how to "make a buck"!  It's a possible nightmare scenario which could happen if Kit Symons and the present board of directors take Fulham down AGAIN.

Only if we let them....

Woolly Mammoth

DOOMED. I tell you.  We are all DOOMED.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Nick Bateman on February 25, 2015, 08:03:25 PM
I actually agree with you, and still have faith in Khan. 

But reality is, if we do go down the plans drawn up for a Premiership club would be torn up!  Remember MAF's 30,000 seater stadium that did not happen?

The Riverside is not protected by any planning restrictions and being on the Thames is a FANASTIC plot of land for luxury flats. The area is beautiful and a developer's dream.

And American's have never been slow in knowing how to "make a buck"!  It's a possible nightmare scenario which could happen if Kit Symons and the present board of directors take Fulham down AGAIN.

Only if we let them....

Well, I happen to believe that the clubs below us will conspire to save us the shame of double relegation.

I'm hopeful that Hoogland's return will be capitalized upon in midfield and that he can be used to provide a bit of bite in defense. We need a good hard foul or three in midfield and this in no longer a part of our game, seemingly. I think that sends a strong message through the league. Being a bit tougher in the tackle in midfield could help give us more of an edge.

Baszab

NB - your theory is worrying - I am also concerned as to how (and why) the new Riverside will go ahead - and it is quite easy to hive off the ground away from FFC Ltd into another company - this is exactly what Ron Noades did to Crystal Palace and absolutely shafted them - he ended up owning the ground and not the club.

Jem

"We can also sack Symons" Can WE really?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Nick Bateman

I believe we need football of 100 miles per hour, as Rene Muelensteen played and if Kit Symons is incapable of delivering that, I would certainly replace him for someone who can, or have a better vision than Symons'.

Tonywa

I wish Rene had been kept on, but I don't recall much 100 mph football away at Hull or in the Sheffield United games.

RPhillips

My God, Nick, will you give this Grassy Knoll conspiracy theory of yours that Khan will build flats on the grounds a frickin' rest?!? The economics of such a plan -- given the magnitude of what he's invested to date and the inevitable planning restrictions that would be imposed by the recently elected Hammersmith and Fulham Labour Council -- simply do not work. End of. Period. Finito. No mas, no mas. Enough. And, please don't bang on that Motspur Park faces a similar fate; it doesn't.

I agree with much of what you have said about the situation we find ourselves in but your fixation with the purported development potential of the ground is worrying. Will we have to arrange an intervention to get you off of this topic?  

nose

Quote from: alfie on February 25, 2015, 07:05:08 PM

he is a stay away owner that needs to be here to show some leadership... that is what leaders do... he is not a 'manager' per the board, he is the leader and if he shows no pohysical presence like MAF used to then his abilities are substantially diluted.

he should show up far more often, not just when the jags are in town....  he really has to learn quickly or we will sink without trace.

Mince n Tatties

I believe Khans absence is working in Kits favour.
If he resided in this country and sat in the Stands every game
like some owners and Chairmen do and watched us, then I believe
Kit might be out of a job by now.