Main Menu

Its all very well turning on Kit

Started by NorfolkJim, February 26, 2015, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2015, 06:29:23 PM
Quote from: Luka on February 26, 2015, 02:11:11 PM
Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 26, 2015, 10:55:01 AM
Its all very well turning on kit because we've hit a bad patch but who says that top managers were just lining up for the job. I can't see many wanting to take on what looks increasingly like a poison chalice - A team with its guts ripped out, a lot of juniors, all the damage our German posters warned us would result from Magath, at least 2 seasons in the second tier of football and who knows what in the way of behind the scenes information on resources available.
How many top managers fancy taking that on? Maybe there was candidates in front of Kit but they had to want to come in to the situation - how many fancied it? Warnock?
Once the clear out (OTT IMO) was completed we were left with a team that just isn't very good.
It looks like Kit has been told he can loans but no transfers in January (A bad time for signings anyway).
Kit did steady the ship - maybe our current terrible form is his fault but its not all his fault and theres no evidence that anyone else (Woy excepted) who could have done much better under the circumstances. The next 3-4 games are going to be hell I expect but theres no point in us fans going into meltdown - Khan owns the club - bloody hell is he tight fisted it would seem.

When Kit got the job there were a lot more games still to play.
At that point other managers would/could have taken the job on. However this far into the season its going to look much, much less attractive. The management are responsible for this part of the shambles and I don't blame another manager being reluctant to take this shambles on.
It could be a career ending appointment !!

But :
Kit wanted the job and sold himself on the basis that he could get it under control and lead us forward.
He's maybe managed to calm things down but since he took hold of this team we have got worse not better.
He has no plan B, he's loaned out Matt Smith who's now scoring for fun and he's persevering with his diamond formation.

We have every right to turn on Kit as he is 100% responsible for what happens on the pitch.
We have a disgraceful win rate under his tenure and therefore it is very much his fault.
If Kit remains in place we are relegation fodder......end of.

"We have got worse not better." Sorry but that is simply wrong.  We may not have improved as much, or as consistently, as you (all of us) would have liked.  However you cannot assert that we have got worse since Kit took over.  Remember the start under Madgath?  Remember our league position when Kit took over? On what basis have we got worse?

How many times are people going to bleedin harp on about the start
under Felix.
Its long gone its Kit who picks the team now  not Felix, Jol or anyone
else Im afraid.
Yes he had to clear up the Debris and did so, but he is chucking it all out
of the barrow again.
He is persistently picking players out of form (Hugo) who should
have been dropped weeks ago, brings in a lad who isnt any improvement
on Jack Grimmer, then there is the formations, I could go on and on.
Felix has gone our bad form is down to Kit nobody else.
He has to stop being stubborn and change things..

Tony

Ebbsfleet tried a novel solution a few years back.
Between 2008 and 2013, the club was owned by the web-based venture MyFootballClub, whose members voted on player transfers, budgets and ticket prices among other things instead of those decisions being made exclusively by the club's management and staff as at most other clubs.
I think the members also chose the team, based on the manager's recommendations.
Just a (tongue in cheek) thought!!

Luka

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2015, 06:29:23 PM
Quote from: Luka on February 26, 2015, 02:11:11 PM
Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 26, 2015, 10:55:01 AM
Its all very well turning on kit because we've hit a bad patch but who says that top managers were just lining up for the job. I can't see many wanting to take on what looks increasingly like a poison chalice - A team with its guts ripped out, a lot of juniors, all the damage our German posters warned us would result from Magath, at least 2 seasons in the second tier of football and who knows what in the way of behind the scenes information on resources available.
How many top managers fancy taking that on? Maybe there was candidates in front of Kit but they had to want to come in to the situation - how many fancied it? Warnock?
Once the clear out (OTT IMO) was completed we were left with a team that just isn't very good.
It looks like Kit has been told he can loans but no transfers in January (A bad time for signings anyway).
Kit did steady the ship - maybe our current terrible form is his fault but its not all his fault and theres no evidence that anyone else (Woy excepted) who could have done much better under the circumstances. The next 3-4 games are going to be hell I expect but theres no point in us fans going into meltdown - Khan owns the club - bloody hell is he tight fisted it would seem.

When Kit got the job there were a lot more games still to play.
At that point other managers would/could have taken the job on. However this far into the season its going to look much, much less attractive. The management are responsible for this part of the shambles and I don't blame another manager being reluctant to take this shambles on.
It could be a career ending appointment !!

But :
Kit wanted the job and sold himself on the basis that he could get it under control and lead us forward.
He's maybe managed to calm things down but since he took hold of this team we have got worse not better.
He has no plan B, he's loaned out Matt Smith who's now scoring for fun and he's persevering with his diamond formation.

We have every right to turn on Kit as he is 100% responsible for what happens on the pitch.
We have a disgraceful win rate under his tenure and therefore it is very much his fault.
If Kit remains in place we are relegation fodder......end of.

"We have got worse not better." Sorry but that is simply wrong.  We may not have improved as much, or as consistently, as you (all of us) would have liked.  However you cannot assert that we have got worse since Kit took over.  Remember the start under Madgath?  Remember our league position when Kit took over? On what basis have we got worse?

As I've said earlier
Couple of months ago we were within striking distance of the playoff's
At the beginning of Feb we were 15th
Now were are 20th.
That's getting worse in my books !!
Kit has had the job long enough now for him to be judged on his own performances not the previouse manager. We are going downhill and are relegation fodder based on this rate of decline.

MJG

Quote from: Tony on February 26, 2015, 07:37:26 PM
Between 2008 and 2013, the club was owned by the web-based venture MyFootballClub, whose members voted on player transfers, budgets and ticket prices among other things instead of those decisions being made exclusively by the club's management and staff as at most other clubs.
I think the members also chose the team, based on the manager's recommendations.
I remember it well and while they voted for off field stuff they never ever got to pick the team.

Tony

Quote from: MJG on February 26, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
Quote from: Tony on February 26, 2015, 07:37:26 PM
I remember it well and while they voted for off field stuff they never ever got to pick the team.
That's obviously where they went wrong!!
Did you know Roy Hodgson played for them?