watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its all very well turning on Kit

Started by NorfolkJim, February 26, 2015, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Its all very well turning on kit because we've hit a bad patch but who says that top managers were just lining up for the job. I can't see many wanting to take on what looks increasingly like a poison chalice - A team with its guts ripped out, a lot of juniors, all the damage our German posters warned us would result from Magath, at least 2 seasons in the second tier of football and who knows what in the way of behind the scenes information on resources available.
How many top managers fancy taking that on? Maybe there was candidates in front of Kit but they had to want to come in to the situation - how many fancied it? Warnock?
Once the clear out (OTT IMO) was completed we were left with a team that just isn't very good.
It looks like Kit has been told he can loans but no transfers in January (A bad time for signings anyway).
Kit did steady the ship - maybe our current terrible form is his fault but its not all his fault and theres no evidence that anyone else (Woy excepted) who could have done much better under the circumstances. The next 3-4 games are going to be hell I expect but theres no point in us fans going into meltdown - Khan owns the club - bloody hell is he tight fisted it would seem.

Baszab

Extremely well put and I agree with 100% of your sentiments

Baszab

SuffolkWhite

It is what it is at the moment and whether there is money or not to get players in is only speculation, we don't know what going behind the seams always.

I only wish Kit would try some different tactics and if we still lose then at least he tried. I can then support the team come what may in the knowledge that everything has been tried.

The next 3-4 games are going to be hell and so our support is needed more than ever, and if nothing else to show the younger players that we support them even in defeat.

Confidence is a big part of any team sport.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

with whats gone on over the last 12 months the blame lies upstairs with Khan .

robert

Agreed.I didn't want Kit in the first place but now we have him he deserves our full support come good or ill.This should be so even if we are relegated.Show loyalty as he was a loyal player for us also.

Luka

Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 26, 2015, 10:55:01 AM
Its all very well turning on kit because we've hit a bad patch but who says that top managers were just lining up for the job. I can't see many wanting to take on what looks increasingly like a poison chalice - A team with its guts ripped out, a lot of juniors, all the damage our German posters warned us would result from Magath, at least 2 seasons in the second tier of football and who knows what in the way of behind the scenes information on resources available.
How many top managers fancy taking that on? Maybe there was candidates in front of Kit but they had to want to come in to the situation - how many fancied it? Warnock?
Once the clear out (OTT IMO) was completed we were left with a team that just isn't very good.
It looks like Kit has been told he can loans but no transfers in January (A bad time for signings anyway).
Kit did steady the ship - maybe our current terrible form is his fault but its not all his fault and theres no evidence that anyone else (Woy excepted) who could have done much better under the circumstances. The next 3-4 games are going to be hell I expect but theres no point in us fans going into meltdown - Khan owns the club - bloody hell is he tight fisted it would seem.

When Kit got the job there were a lot more games still to play.
At that point other managers would/could have taken the job on. However this far into the season its going to look much, much less attractive. The management are responsible for this part of the shambles and I don't blame another manager being reluctant to take this shambles on.
It could be a career ending appointment !!

But :
Kit wanted the job and sold himself on the basis that he could get it under control and lead us forward.
He's maybe managed to calm things down but since he took hold of this team we have got worse not better.
He has no plan B, he's loaned out Matt Smith who's now scoring for fun and he's persevering with his diamond formation.

We have every right to turn on Kit as he is 100% responsible for what happens on the pitch.
We have a disgraceful win rate under his tenure and therefore it is very much his fault.
If Kit remains in place we are relegation fodder......end of.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Luka on February 26, 2015, 02:11:11 PM
He's maybe managed to calm things down but since he took hold of this team we have got worse not better.

Indeed, we were 24th when he took over, now we're 20th.

Much worse in anyone's book.

I actually think we should sack the manager at the end of every month and have a on pitch bran tub type affair to select the new manager for the next month.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

Logicalman

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 26, 2015, 02:32:36 PM

I actually think we should sack the manager at the end of every month and have a on pitch bran tub type affair to select the new manager for the next month.

Excellent idea, each of the fans that fancy the job can put their names in the hat, but they must be present to claim the prize, so perhaps it would be better to hold the draw after the final whistle, just to stop those leaving early!!  :Get Coat gif:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Luka

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on February 26, 2015, 02:32:36 PM

Couple of months ago we were within striking distance of the playoff's
At the beginning of Feb we were 15th
Now were are 20th.
That's getting worse in my books !!

FPT

I'd also point out that there's not many out there that would take this job without a big salary. Sure, we could get a Nigel Adkins, or Brian McDermott, but my god; how depressing an appointment either of them will be.

They'd still have to work with the same imbalanced squad, so why not let Kit Symons along with Mike Rigg have a Summer of building a more competitive squad. The problem does not 100% lie with Kit; players are under performing and some players are little short of embarrassing themselves.

Luka

Quote from: FPT on February 26, 2015, 04:10:54 PM
I'd also point out that there's not many out there that would take this job without a big salary. Sure, we could get a Nigel Adkins, or Brian McDermott, but my god; how depressing an appointment either of them will be.

They'd still have to work with the same imbalanced squad, so why not let Kit Symons along with Mike Rigg have a Summer of building a more competitive squad. The problem does not 100% lie with Kit; players are under performing and some players are little short of embarrassing themselves.

let Kit and company have the summer to have a go at sorting out the mess and risk seeing how they do in league 1 !!
No thanks I'd rather see a change now.

FPT

Quote from: Luka on February 26, 2015, 04:22:36 PM

let Kit and company have the summer to have a go at sorting out the mess and risk seeing how they do in league 1 !!

Go on, who?

Nick Bateman

Neil Warnock would do far better than Kit Symons.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

NorfolkJim

Managers are not slaves at market, you can't just go out and buy whoever takes your fancy, they have to be available to take the job and want to take the job. At first Kit did lift the players - its gone wrong now but you can't guarantee that it would have been different for anyone else. It might have gone better, it could have gone worse. Opinions are being formed from results on the pitch alone. Anyone who comes in now will still have the same players to work with at least till summer.
The important thing now is not to get relegated. I think Blackpool and Millwall will go so its down to that last place. I cant see us getting points from Derby or Bournmouth or Watford but clubs do have off days - we could get a surprise result.
How many clubs out there have seen success from frequent managerial changes? Who would inspire the current squad? (The one we are stuck with for now). I can only think of Warnock or Redknap and do we want those?
Stick or Bust - it isn't an easy choice IMO

Luka

Quote from: FPT on February 26, 2015, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: Luka on February 26, 2015, 04:22:36 PM

Go on, who?
I have absolutely no faith in Kit Symons, I think he is a lightweight lower league manager and nothing more.
So, how about Hoddle, Lambert, Mike Phelan.......sod it, I'd even give Jol another go over Kit at the moment!!
However my first choice would be René Meulensteen with Danny Murphy as his assistant.

RaySmith

I think Kit is a better Fulham manager than any of the options you mention would be.

The grass is always greener......except it isn't, of course.

YoungsBitter

Its a very tough call, I think the grass is greener too.
Emotionally we are all depressed after a run of poor performances. We see an apparent evidence of seeming stubbornness and lack of creative thought by Kit Symons in his choice of starting 11 and bench, use of subs and formation. He also seems to play favourites, people drop out of favour and then disappear from sight.
I watched the Wolves game again and on a different day we would have won 4-1. I know that sounds absurdly optimistic but there are elements of luck in many games and we did not have any on Tuesday.
However the positives are we have a team that actually is balancing youth and experience, that is able to play strong attacking football and create chances. They did not play the 'diamond' everyone seems to hang Symons by, they lined up 4-3-1-2. We dominated the midfield and for a change, without Parker, we played at a much better tempo and could on a different day been comfortable winners. We have depth in many positions throughout the squad.
It is almost clicking and I actually do believe that it will do that soon if Symons is given the rest of the season. He is using the squad better, he is using subs better - still too late in the game and still not game changing but he is trying different things.
Matt Smith does give us an option as Burn does in defense but....against Derby who play fast, high line, high tempo football putting two statuesque but slow players on the field will not help the cause.
As has been pointed out elsewhere, strikers are streaky, Hugo was hot, he went cold but if the Millwall game winner is not ruled off side the streak changes, confidence rises.
I think he will start the same 11 that lost to Wolves because he will look at how it might so easily have gone. If he does give up and start Matt Smith ( and not sure he is actually available for selection until Sunday), drops Hugo, reinstates Parker, drops Bodurov for Burn, Kaca for Fofana I think it will not help his cause with the squad and if we get stuffed by Derby he is back to square one and will look clueless - even tho all the fans asking for plan B will be happy - then not when they see the score.
I am as frustrated as any other fan and I have lashed out at Kit many times on here and on twitter but on reflection I think it is not as bad as everyone is saying, the squad has some great talent, we score more the defense is less pressured, midfield covers more, the backs get to add width we score more and its a virtuous cycle. And scoring sometimes is about luck, we are due some better rubs of the green, who knows we might just surprise everyone and actually keep Bent quiet and beat Derby.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Twig

Twig

Quote from: NorfolkJim on February 26, 2015, 10:55:01 AM

When Kit got the job there were a lot more games still to play.
At that point other managers would/could have taken the job on. However this far into the season its going to look much, much less attractive. The management are responsible for this part of the shambles and I don't blame another manager being reluctant to take this shambles on.
It could be a career ending appointment !!

But :
Kit wanted the job and sold himself on the basis that he could get it under control and lead us forward.
He has no plan B, he's loaned out Matt Smith who's now scoring for fun and he's persevering with his diamond formation.

We have every right to turn on Kit as he is 100% responsible for what happens on the pitch.
We have a disgraceful win rate under his tenure and therefore it is very much his fault.
If Kit remains in place we are relegation fodder......end of.

"We have got worse not better."  Sorry but that is simply wrong.  We may not have improved as much, or as consistently, as you (all of us) would have liked.  However you cannot assert that we have got worse since Kit took over.  Remember the start under Madgath?  Remember our league position when Kit took over? On what basis have we got worse?