watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to be radical

Started by Classic94, February 26, 2015, 01:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

The general consensus on here is that we need to try something new, so what about this?

-----------------------------------Bettinelli

Hoogland-----------Bodurov--------------Amorebieta----------Stafylidis

-----------Fofana-----------------Parker----------------Kavanagh

------------------------Ruiz-------------------Christensen

----------------------------------McCormack

Granted Amorebieta struggled in the Premiership at CB, but lets face it, can he really be any worse than the donkey Hutchinson or the hopelessly immobile Burn? He is fairly quick, strong, tall, good in the air and was a fixture at Bilbao for a number of years. The bloke is clearly no mug. Now that he's tasted English football is there any harm in playing him there? The other - and slightly more extreme option, would be to partner Hoogland with Bodurov. I believe that he's played in this role for Schalke? Still, the fact that I'm even pitching these as viable options shows how dire our CB options are.

Elsewhere I'd use Parker in the anchor role. Kavanagh could cover Stafylidis whilst offering dynamism and width. Fofana, given the scarcity of natural right-wingers in our squad, plays by default. This said, he is a far superior option to Tunnicliffe and offers something at both ends of the pitch. I think the lads got bags of potential. Ruiz and Christensen would push further forward to support McCormack. Rodallega, frankly, is a waste of spot at the moment.

Finally, the narrow diamond is killing us. It is ineffective going forward, offers little defensive protection on the wings, and is easy to counter. The likes of Derby, Watford, Bournemouth... will tear us a new one in the coming weeks if we do not change our approach. Admittedly, Kit has inherited a squad short on quality, depth and experience. This is the fault of poor management - both on and off the pitch. Even so, you'd hope that we have enough in the tank to challenge above 20th position in this division. Symons must become more flexible or face losing his job. His reluctance to use substitutions is also a major concern.

Any other ideas?

SuffolkWhite

Anything with width will do just to cover left and right backs, might make us more potent with crossing to.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rweller86

I don't think thats radical, just common sense. Our current formation doesn't work.

We play possession football without width and penetration, it needs to change.
@rweller

colcliff

at the moment I would play 4- 4 2 to try and stop the leaking of goals
i quite liked Hoogland but did not see anything to tell me he was any real great shakes as a defender
Bodurov has possibly been our best defender  but he seems to  get away without any blame week in week out
yet we continually criticise the younger players
-Amorebieta- still not totally convinced
and whilst I feel stafylidis  shows signs that he can hold his own at (L) back but  to many goals are coming from that side of the pitch 
I do feel that the defence is being left to exposed with the diamond  but it also seems like it has become a lets bash the Fulham youth and blame them for all the defeats
all of the players above have been involved in plenty of poor defensive  disasters yet it always seems like the youngsters who have to carry the can

HV71

Surely we have to start with Woodrow up fronton Saturday . We have to turn the Derby centre backs and get someone strong ( and hopefully quicker  ) to cause them problems. Keogh and  Buxton are not quick  - if  Shotton plays he is quicker but we need to " disturb " them. Matt Smith should be on the bench for Plan B  .

horse1031

Quote from: Classic94 on February 26, 2015, 01:43:59 PM
The general consensus on here is that we need to try something new, so what about this?

-----------------------------------Bettinelli

Hoogland-----------Bodurov--------------Amorebieta----------Stafylidis

-----------Fofana-----------------Parker----------------Kavanagh

------------------------Ruiz-------------------Christensen

----------------------------------McCormack

Granted Amorebieta struggled in the Premiership at CB, but lets face it, can he really be any worse than the donkey Hutchinson or the hopelessly immobile Burn? He is fairly quick, strong, tall, good in the air and was a fixture at Bilbao for a number of years. The bloke is clearly no mug. Now that he's tasted English football is there any harm in playing him there? The other - and slightly more extreme option, would be to partner Hoogland with Bodurov. I believe that he's played in this role for Schalke? Still, the fact that I'm even pitching these as viable options shows how dire our CB options are.

Elsewhere I'd use Parker in the anchor role. Kavanagh could cover Stafylidis whilst offering dynamism and width. Fofana, given the scarcity of natural right-wingers in our squad, plays by default. This said, he is a far superior option to Tunnicliffe and offers something at both ends of the pitch. I think the lads got bags of potential. Ruiz and Christensen would push further forward to support McCormack. Rodallega, frankly, is a waste of spot at the moment.

Finally, the narrow diamond is killing us. It is ineffective going forward, offers little defensive protection on the wings, and is easy to counter. The likes of Derby, Watford, Bournemouth... will tear us a new one in the coming weeks if we do not change our approach. Admittedly, Kit has inherited a squad short on quality, depth and experience. This is the fault of poor management - both on and off the pitch. Even so, you'd hope that we have enough in the tank to challenge above 20th position in this division. Symons must become more flexible or face losing his job. His reluctance to use substitutions is also a major concern.

Any other ideas?

i really like this team.

:plus one:

MasterHaynes

Quote from: HV71 on February 26, 2015, 03:24:08 PM
Surely we have to start with Woodrow up fronton Saturday . We have to turn the Derby centre backs and get someone strong ( and hopefully quicker  ) to cause them problems. Keogh and  Buxton are not quick  - if  Shotton plays he is quicker but we need to " disturb " them. Matt Smith should be on the bench for Plan B  .
I guarantee that Rodders starts

Twig

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 26, 2015, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: HV71 on February 26, 2015, 03:24:08 PM
I guarantee that Rodders starts

Please no