watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Kit Stays We WILL get relegated

Started by Ordar, February 24, 2015, 08:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Hope you are wrong about mr khan order . Our summer will show our intent ,both in recruiting players and wether Kit stays or goes .

Holders

What doesn't make sense to me is all this talk about the Riverside development which would be meaningless unless the intention is for us to return to the PL. Then it would be necessary, otherwise not. That seems to imply that Khan intends us to push for promotion next year. The question is, what steps will be taken to that end? I'm not a "Kit-outer" but I do recognise that he won't have the pulling-power of a Tigana, Hughes or even Jol.

Freudian slip: I mis-read the title of this thread this morning and thought it said "Kit says we WILL get relegated".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

PaulJ123

I just don't think Khan will back Kit in the window as he knows Kit's just happy to be there as manager whereas a new manager would probably only join with the promise of serious investment in the squad.

FulhamStu

ok, 2 issues, firstly for us to be relegated Millwall and Wigan will have to go on a very good run and I am not sure that will happen.  We on the other hand will need to go into meltdown and surely we saw last weekend the potential the team has to pick up more wins between now and the end of the season.

Re Kit, there are 2 issues.  Firstly, can he motivate the team well enough and does he have the tactical ability to Manage successfully at this level.   He got it right on Saturday, so you could argue he does, but then again why were the team not as motivated in previous games.

Secondly, can he recruit the correct calibre of player needed to gain promotion, now he has got Rigg to lead this side of things ?

One thing I have no doubt in is that Khan wants us back in the Premier League. He seems willing to spend money, but does not want to waste money unless the right players are available.  Anyone with any brain would think the same.

Long term I doubt Kit is our man but after Saturday will be given more time, potentially till the end of the season.  If we had lost again on Saturday, I would have said he was walklingon very thin ice.

Holders

I can't see Kit "leaving" before the end of this season - almost whatever; neither would it make any sense. After that, he's got a contract until the end of next season so Khan obviously had sufficient confidence to give him that. If we don't make a serious challenge next season then I don't think that anyone would disagree that it would be time for a change.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Holders on March 02, 2015, 12:40:29 PM
I can't see Kit "leaving" before the end of this season - almost whatever; neither would it make any sense. After that, he's got a contract until the end of next season so Khan obviously had sufficient confidence to give him that. If we don't make a serious challenge next season then I don't think that anyone would disagree that it would be time for a change.

I am not sure that the length of contract really says Khan has confidence in Kit. The alternative would have been to give Kit a contract to the end of this season. That would have really undermined Kit's position meaning he was seen as just a caretaker manager.

That said, if we put in a sequence of performances comparable with a mid-table team then I don't see Khan taking a gamble on another manager.

MJG

If I was a betting man..which I am... I'd not put any money on Kit being in the job from the start of pre season training. Unless he wins something like seven out last ten games.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on March 02, 2015, 01:51:02 PM
If I was a betting man..which I am... I'd not put any money on Kit being in the job from the start of pre season training. Unless he wins something like seven out last ten games.

I am not a betting man but I would not be sure which way to go.

My slight nudge in favour of the status quo is that Khan seems cautious keeping with Jol, choosing Magath on his successful record, sticking with Magath longer than most on here and then using the five man committee. I am not sure that he would know how to go about getting a better manager.

Many of the managers mentioned before and after Magath and before the Derby game seem much of a muchness so unless Rigg comes in with a strong recommendation I don't know that Khan will be moved to risk a change or how he would go about it.

Unless you have some inside knowledge?

DeuceBigelow

Kit will be in place until the end of the season. Fulham will stay up. Investment and a new manager ready for the promotion push. Using last years final Championship table as a very rough guide, Fulham will be fine. There are definitely at least three teams worse than Fulham.
Riverside Block W

SP

Perhaps Mr Khan will spend £50m on new players & right the 'loan' off as a gift to avoid FFP?