News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderlands odious Adam Johnson arrested...

Started by leonffc, March 02, 2015, 05:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: westcliff white on March 03, 2015, 12:00:42 PM
I disagree J88 i think once your charged and the case is going to court then being identified is OK.

It's tricky and I'm not going to argue. If I got falsely accused and plastered over the paper then got a small column in the back once cleared I wouldn't be too happy. There is the case that this may not be the first time this has happened and it will bring others forward. I stand by my opinion purely because I'm putting myself in the shoes of the falsely accused. This isn't just for this type of crime btw. Innocent till proved guilty or innocent until charged?

westcliff white

J88 I understand your viewpoint, i think if you are charged then they do that for a reason.

For me the views are different due to my situation, but I do as I say respect and fully understand what you say.
Every day is a Fulham day

colcliff

the problem is that even if not proved guilty he is going to have to take hell of a lot of stick from supporters all around the country
it may even be that his club will not be able to play him
and this may take months before it gets to court and the abuse will start immediately

westcliff white

Sunderland will keep him suspended until this is dropped or until any court case has been gone through

colcliff

Quote from: westcliff white on March 03, 2015, 02:11:21 PM
Sunderland will keep him suspended until this is dropped or until any court case has been gone through
exactly and the player and club is punished before he is even been proved guilty

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: colcliff on March 03, 2015, 02:48:30 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on March 03, 2015, 02:11:21 PM
exactly and the player and club is punished before he is even been proved guilty

Although I'm not so keen on this naming and shaming before conviction I do think that he has to be suspended while this goes on. If i cock up or allegedly cock up at work they will suspend me until they get to the bottom of it. They can't take the risk. It would almost show support for the player, who if proved innocent deserves it but obviously that works both ways. It does bring up another problem, if you have to suspend the player but I want him anonymous from the public we are now stuck. I will leave this alone now methinks.

Nick Bateman

The only point I was making was about the police.  By naming (and shaming) Johnson they have prejudiced the ensuing trial.  They did it with all of the celebrity trials, many of whom were found not guilty to huge expense to the taxpayer.

Since the Ched Evans affair, for want of a better description, seems footballers are their new high profile target instead of doing proper police-work like preventing yobs, gangs, burglars & muggers go free on our streets.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

HV71

These are very, very difficult cases. I would always want people to show caution as I will never forget the case of Dave Jones when he was manager of Southampton. The man had a terrible time and was found to be innocent - but the impact upon his life was shocking ( and was thought to have brought about the early death of his father )

epsomraver

0001.jpeg
Quote from: HV71 on March 03, 2015, 05:57:48 PM
These are very, very difficult cases. I would always want people to show caution as I will never forget the case of Dave Jones when he was manager of Southampton. The man had a terrible time and was found to be innocent - but the impact upon his life was shocking ( and was thought to have brought about the early death of his father )
0001.jpeg

westcliff white

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 03, 2015, 05:51:15 PM
The only point I was making was about the police.  By naming (and shaming) Johnson they have prejudiced the ensuing trial.  They did it with all of the celebrity trials, many of whom were found not guilty to huge expense to the taxpayer.

Since the Ched Evans affair, for want of a better description, seems footballers are their new high profile target instead of doing proper police-work like preventing yobs, gangs, burglars & muggers go free on our streets.
But Evans wasn't entraped in any way

Nero

The police didnt name him the peper did, the police just said a 27-year old male had been charged. But Im sure someone somewhere will have a nice early easter present

Logicalman

The only point I was making was about the police.  By naming (and shaming) Johnson they have prejudiced the ensuing trial.  They did it with all of the celebrity trials, many of whom were found not guilty to huge expense to the taxpayer.

Nick,

It's very rare that the Police actually name any suspect they have arrested, especially prior to charging them. Once charged and prosecution is pending, unless there are certain restrictions imposed, then the details are available from the courts for any journo to get their grubby mitts on.

The duty to decide who to ultimately prosecute is that of the CPS rather than the Police, and so your assertions are, at best, poor and false, and at worst showing your prejudice towards the Police. As for entrapment? I guess you need to blame the CPS for allowing it then, and I wasn't aware that the Police were even involved on the night the incident took place, so how was it their entrapment?

As for soft-targets, if you feel that a potential or alleged rapist is a soft collar, then you should take it up with your MP, as it is they, and the so-called Crime Commissioners who provide the police with the criteria for how they need to police their communities, and if the Police had ignored any complaint of rape, I have little doubt you would have blamed them for doing that also.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.