News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderlands odious Adam Johnson arrested...

Started by leonffc, March 02, 2015, 05:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

.... for under age sex.
Of course he could be innocent but I never liked him anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31702374

Blanco

Wouldn't surprise me if true. Although plenty of girls can make themselves look 18 and the amount of women throwing themselves at football players. Who knows the true story. He'll probably get off though. No pun intended.

Fulham76

Good of the police to announce all of the details! And the press for revealing the players name before any charges have been brought.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 02, 2015, 06:36:15 PM
Good of the police to announce all of the details! And the press for revealing the players name before any charges have been brought.

I concur.  Much that I look down on the morals of the 'modern' footballer, they are equally feisted upon (if that is the correct parlance) under-age "groupies" whose morals are probably even worse.

Our police are looking for soft collars as in the Ched Evans scenario (entrapment?) and even recent old celebrities being put in jail for something allegedly done about 20-30 years ago, to share cells with mass murderers and violent criminals.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

leonffc

Yeah that's a bit naughty. I didn't think of that.

Buffalo76

:plus one:

domprague

Once he's been charged you can say pretty much nothing until the trial so it is standard in the media to get out as much as you can beforehand.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Jimpav

Again this is a prime example of a potentially innocent man having his name smeared before facing a trial.

Cue verbal abuse and suspicion for the rest of his playing career and potentially the rest of his life.

rusty shackleford

Lets all judge him and hope he's guilty because he dived against us that one time......

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on March 02, 2015, 09:56:23 PM
Lets all judge him and hope he's guilty because he dived against us that one time......

More than one time but yes.

Slaphead in Qatar

a player who could have made much more of his talent.

snarks

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 02, 2015, 06:53:42 PM

I concur.  Much that I look down on the morals of the 'modern' footballer, they are equally feisted upon (if that is the correct parlance) under-age "groupies" whose morals are probably even worse.

Our police are looking for soft collars as in the Ched Evans scenario (entrapment?) and even recent old celebrities being put in jail for something allegedly done about 20-30 years ago, to share cells with mass murderers and violent criminals.

Lets not start the Ched Evans thing again, but flipping heck Nick, how the heck can you say entrapment, have you read anything about the case, because from that comment I doubt it.

TheManOnTheBus

The police though only said a "27 year old man" (not naming him), that was the press.

The trouble is when someone is in the public eye, it is impossible to keep his (her) arrest from the public.

westcliff white

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 02, 2015, 06:53:42 PM

Ched Evans Entrapment seriously this post has to be pulled. that is an insult to anyone who has a daughter that has been attacked by someone. By definition this means your are saying the police lured him into doing what he did, truly appalling. He was charged so his name could be released as he wasn't under 18. He is released and the first thing he says is I am going to appeal, that wasn't down to the press, he should now wait until that appeal has been heard and the decision made before doing or saying anything else. Not once has he shown any remorse.
Every day is a Fulham day

Blanco

It obviously wasn't entrapment. Not sure if Nick knows what the word means when saying that. I do however think there was more to that story that rape. Drunk passed out girl after a rich footballer....Then again, what the hell do I know. I wasn't in the courtroom.

Burt

Careful please on this thread.

I'm only allowing it to carry on because it is football related (kind of).

But if anything remotely libellous appears then it goes...

Cheers

Burt

Burt

Just for complete clarity, libel happens where:
- A defamatory statement is made about someone.
- That "someone" is clearly identifiable.
- The statement was publically made.
- The statement impacts the reputation and standing of the person.

Burt

Jonaldiniho 88

We shouldn't know who he is till proven guilty. Its a joke that somebody convicted of nothing will have this hanging over hm for the rest of his career if not life. If he is proved guilty then he has got what he deserves.

westcliff white

I disagree J88 i think once your charged and the case is going to court then being identified is OK.
Every day is a Fulham day