watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodallega should now be second choice

Started by kevin, March 02, 2015, 09:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

With Smith back and Woodrow on form Rodallega should not be automatic first choice
just doesn' score enough of the chances he gets
We should give Smith a run in the side with McCormack and use Woodrow as next best

fulhamben

Quote from: kevin on March 02, 2015, 09:00:11 PM
With Smith back and Woodrow on form Rodallega should not be automatic first choice
just doesn' score enough of the chances he gets
We should give Smith a run in the side with McCormack and use Woodrow as next best
really, so woodrow plays a blinder and scores, and you want to instantly drop him for a player whos only contribution to date, was to get sent off in 20 mins.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Admin

Hugo needs competition to keep him on his toes, he needs another striker like Woodrow or Smith to be right up behind him, primed to come on when he isn't doing the business. Thing is, Kit sticks by Hugo far to much, so not surprised he's become a little stale. I'd start him against Watford, but if he start showing signs on of the old concrete boots Hugo, I'd haul him off in favor of Woodrow or Smith.   

Mince n Tatties

Think Smith will play some part tomorrow, as he was an unused sub for
Bristol on Sat.
I think maybe Kit might have asked them to do that incase he picked up an
Injury in his last game...Just a thought..

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on March 02, 2015, 09:22:02 PM
Hugo needs competition to keep him on his toes, he needs another striker like Woodrow or Smith to be right up behind him, primed to come on when he isn't doing the business. Thing is, Kit sticks by Hugo far to much, so not surprised he's become a little stale. I'd start him against Watford, but if he start showing signs on of the old concrete boots Hugo, I'd haul him off in favor of Woodrow or Smith.   
that suprises me. i genuienly didnt think anyone would want hugo to start tomorrow
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

woodrow is a thorghbred and hugo is shown up as a lesser light
smith, from what i have seen of him, will be less than either of those two

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on March 02, 2015, 09:30:08 PM
that suprises me. i genuienly didnt think anyone would want hugo to start tomorrow

We've also started with Woodrow in games and he's been just as ineffective, Smith, well, got sent off in 5 minutes, went out on loan, and that was that. Not saying I want Hugo as a regular starter, but the other 2 really need to start pushing for his place, which to date, they haven't.

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

davew

Why don't we do something totally stupid and play Ross, Cauley & Moussa up front, we are probably almost safe now after the Derby win, so what have we got to lose?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Admin

Quote from: davew on March 02, 2015, 10:03:55 PM
Why don't we do something totally stupid and play Ross, Cauley & Moussa up front, we are probably almost safe now after the Derby win, so what have we got to lose?

We are almost safe now after the Derby win? Hmmmm, don't count your chickens

Mince n Tatties

westcliff white

Ross and Dailey first choice hugo and smith the backups, can't be any other way after Saturday's performance. If it is I will be starting to seriously not understand kits team selection
Every day is a Fulham day

Andy S

They are totally different players and all offer something different Horses for courses I say

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Admin on March 02, 2015, 09:45:52 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 02, 2015, 09:30:08 PM

We've also started with Woodrow in games and he's been just as ineffective, Smith, well, got sent off in 5 minutes, went out on loan, and that was that. Not saying I want Hugo as a regular starter, but the other 2 really need to start pushing for his place, which to date, they haven't.

Woodrow never gets a decent run, the odd game and ten minutes hear and there, no matter how well he plays. He is a far better footballer than Rodelaga in all departments. Whereas no matter how bad Hugo plays he just keeps getting picked, that's why this manager has many shortcomings.
Cauley should be given a run if matches, because apart from his work rate, Cauley plays within the framework of the team, whereas Hugo relies solely on service, he cannot create anything for himself, Cauley is head and shoulders above Hugo in all aspects of the game. There is no competition Cauley Woodrow should start ahead of Hugo, and given a run of games. Because he has potential and will only get better if he is given the chance. Hugo is not in the same League. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 02, 2015, 09:51:52 PM
Woodrow, Smith then Rod Laver.

I agree with this.

And I would just like to point out that moment in the Derby game when Causley was backed into the sideline by two Derby players with no support, managed to keep the ball and win the free kick.
I have always had a lot of time for Woodrow. His finishing and all-rounder style of forward play was a joy to watch. I am glad to see him finally bringing it to the senior team.

Hugo can do one as far as I care.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

St Eve

Woodrow is first choice then I am not sure

love4ffc

Woodrow is doing well let him keep starting and show what he can do.  Let Rod & Smith fight for number 2 to keep them all on their toes.  Hope Smith get a run tomorrow. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WestCountryWhite

I do think Woodrow should get a run especially as we seem programmed to ping the ball up to Hugo at head height and I'm not sure he's won 5 headers all year. I feel quiet sorry for Hugo as a target man he is not and he's often against defenders alot taller than him yet we insist on keep doing it. Woodrow on the other hand won 5 headers in the first half and is much better at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play.

Smith is an interesting one as he would be great at holding the ball up but he's at is most dangerous when balls are pinged in to the box from wide positions something we rarely do.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

A difficult decision
Persist with Woodrow he has earned the opportunity
Smith must be given a chance as well
Is Hugo fit?
Let him sit on the bench though
Mousse looked (albeit briefly) very determined
At last a glimpse of what we need to do especially playing through midfield
Vital that those in the engine room continue the good service to those at the front
We need to challenge for every ball,shut the opposition down,stop them playing their game and take charge of the game ourselves
We did all of that against Derby
Are we capable of repeating it?
It was our best performance in ages
Which of our players want to continue doing that?
Really hope we have taken a huge step forward and continue to progress
COYW!

snarks

Definitely Cauley should start, his performance on Saturday deserved it. I would then have Hugo and Smith on the bench.

I do not believe Smith offers much over Hugo or Moussa, but his performances at Bristol have earned him the chance to show what he can do at Fulham.