watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier Bottom Three

Started by Andy S, March 04, 2015, 11:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

All of last seasons promoted clubs currently reside in the relegation zone in the premier league. So looking ahead what should our recipe be for next season if our aim is promotion and if we want to stay there? 1 Sustainability 2 Teach the players to play the Long ball more successfully or 3 add footballing talent to our squad 4 Sack kit and bring in a named manager

Lighthouse

I think we have to add players with experience (not old) in the right positions. We can pretend for as long as we want to that another season can make this Fulham team better. But to be good enough for the Prem we need a spine to the side. We can get away with the Keeper but from then on we are weak up the middle. We are poor in midfield and have no decent wide men. So a new team then  :016:

As for the manager, time will tell. He has made a very ordinary side better than it is at times. But would another manager be able to bring in better players? I don't know. I am a fan of the manager but we are are still a million miles away from the worst Fulham Prem team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Pace with strength is the answer these days in the Prem. A quality playmaker is essential. At least one real winger.
At the present time we have not one Prem quality player.
With the FFP rules it makes it impossible for a club like ours to buy the necessary quality. Clubs that get promoted will always struggle to retain their status.
MAF destroyed our tenure by his refusal to invest after the Europa Cup season. Khan will not be able to invest as MAF was able to do due to the one sided rules now in place.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

We will need at least five first team starters come in during the summer to push for promotion.
That can be part funded by the sale of one maybe two of the valued players.
Now their is a difference in getting promoted and then playing in PL.
It's get a team to go up and then it's another build in a summer to stay up,  which would be easier under the current FFP rules as they stand in the PL.

horse1031

Quote from: grandad on March 04, 2015, 12:57:46 PM
Pace with strength is the answer these days in the Prem. A quality playmaker is essential. At least one real winger.
With the FFP rules it makes it impossible for a club like ours to buy the necessary quality. Clubs that get promoted will always struggle to retain their status.
MAF destroyed our tenure by his refusal to invest after the Europa Cup season. Khan will not be able to invest as MAF was able to do due to the one sided rules now in place.

Ross, Ruiz, and Parker are premier quality players.

Admin

Quote from: horse1031 on March 04, 2015, 02:25:30 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 04, 2015, 12:57:46 PM

Ross, Ruiz, and Parker are premier quality players.

By the time we get back to the Premiership, Ruiz will be long gone, Parker retired, and Ross 30.

HV71

You are probably right. We will stay up this year -I have no doubts - and the great thing that unites all football fans , and makes the game what it is , is HOPE.
At the start of next season we can all start dreaming again.... And it may just come true.