more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (06/03/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 05, 2015, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Magath open to taking up role with Rangers

Felix Magath is open to a role in a restructured management team at Rangers amid talk of his possible appointment as technical director.

Magath - sacked by Fulham in September last year - has been touted as a technical director at Rangers ever since he purchased shares in the Scottish second division outfit in January.

The 61-year-old, who proxied his stake to the Rangers Supporters Trust ahead of Thursday's general meeting, refused to rule out taking up a role in Glasgow.

"I would not rule it out," Magath told the Daily Mail.

"I don't know. At the moment I am fine. I follow things at Rangers closely. We have to wait for Friday then we will see what is happening.

"I am keeping in touch with things, for sure. I am interested in the situation at Rangers because I have bought shares, so of course I have an interest.

"But I'm not involved as such. I have an interest, but I am not there. I am just waiting for the result of the vote on Friday like other people."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/magath-open-rangers-role#2TxQ7ZDgqPihagr2.99

WhiteJC

Former Manchester United midfielder tips Fulham to stay up

Tunnicliffe believes Whites are a safe bet following improved performances

Confident: Ryan Tunnicliffe believes Fulham will stay up
His footballing talents once won his dad a £10,000 wager, and now Ryan Tunnicliffe has another red hot tip – Fulham are staying up.

The Manchester-born midfielder is best known for a £100 bet placed by his dad in 1983, when Ryan was nine, that he would one day play for the Man United first team.

When Tunnicliffe came on for the first of only two substitute appearances for United, in a Carling Cup win over Newcastle in September 2012, his dad won his money back 100 times over.

Following loan spells with Peterborough, Barnsley and Ipswich, the 22 year old joined Fulham a year ago, but was soon shipped out on loan again to Wigan following Rene Meulensteen's sacking.

In the money: Tunnicliffe earns his dad a windfall by making his Man United debut
He started this season with a further loan spell at Blackburn but was recalled by Fulham in January and has since become an almost permanent fixture of Kit Symons' side, featuring in 13 of the last 14 games.

He said: "I think we will stay up. The performances have been good lately, and we were unlucky not to get even a point tonight (in the 1-0 defeat at Watford).

"Look at how we performed on Saturday (Fulham beat title-chasing Derby 2-0). If we go out and play without fear like that every week, we will get the breaks we didn't get tonight.

"There is definitely a confidence amongst the boys and a feeling that we will be okay. We are a young squad, but guys like me are learning all the time off the older players.

"It was obviously good to hear that Millwall lost too, which keeps the gap between us, but we have to just concentrate on our own games and not worry about what others are doing."

A father is always going to be the biggest supporter of any son of his, but has Mick Tunnicliffe even more of a fan since his son's United cameo landed him a whopping windfall? Not a bit of it, inssists Ryan.

He added: "As far as I'm concerned, I've not repaid my dad enough for all the time and petrol money he spent taking me around to matched when I was a kid."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-manchester-united-midfielder-tips-8775600?

WhiteJC

New Keeper for Boro

Vanarama Conference South club Farnborough....

....have signed young goalkeeper Magnus Norman on loan from Sky Bet Championship side Fulham for the remainder of the season.

Norman, who turned 18 in January, has been with the Cottagers since the age of nine and has always been a prominent goalkeeper in his age group.

His brother Felix is also in Fulham`s academy.

Initially part of the Coombe School programme, he has filled out physically as he went about a successful pre-season campaign. 

He made a dozen appearances in all competitions for Fulham's under-18s last season and in October he signed his first professional contract, tying him to Craven Cottage until June 2016.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=14704

WhiteJC

McCormack: No Fear

Ross McCormack is backing the Whites to respond to the Watford defeat with victory against Bournemouth on Friday night (7.45pm).

"I am confident ahead of Bournemouth," he told fulhamfc.com. "We've got to be.

"Regardless of how good they are, we know and we've shown that we can beat anyone. With Derby, and even against Watford – that's two of the best teams in the league that we've more than matched.

"It will be tough, but we are at home and Scott [Parker] will probably be back fit, which will give us something extra in midfield as well.

"There's no fear in this squad. We know we can go and beat Bournemouth. It's just a case of doing it."

In a match where statistically the Whites had the upper hand in terms of possession and shots on goal, McCormack was frustrated at not managing to get one of his five efforts into the back of the net on Tuesday night.

"It's frustrating, yeah. I think we deserved at least a point," the striker said. "We had a few good chances. They've made a couple of saves from me. I probably should have scored one, maybe two.

"We just didn't take our chances, or I didn't take my chances. But I now feel like I am playing and getting in positions that will hurt defenders."

Tickets for Friday's meeting with Bournemouth at the Cottage are available for fans to purchase on General Sale, priced from £10 juniors and £25 adults. What's more, Season Ticket Holders can purchase two additional tickets for just £10!*

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/05/ross-mccormack?

WhiteJC

Spurs' Dele Alli, Fulham's George Williams, Dean Lewington out, David Martin to face fitness test

MK Dons are missing key players heading into Saturday's vital game against Preston North End this Saturday.

David Martin will undergo a fitness test on Friday afternoon to see if he will be able to start the game against the Lilywhites as he still fights to recover from a leg injury.

"I was in with him today (Thursday) and we're going to have to make a decision with him as late as we possibly can on Friday," said Robinson.

"I don't want to say yes or no because I don't want to play any games.

"There will be a fitness test on Friday."

George Williams is also a major doubt after limping off in the 2-1 Chesterfield defeat, and he is having a scan today to find out whether he is fit.

"George Williams has gone for a scan and we'll have the result of that later on today," Robinson said.

"It was a really innocuous coming-together so we're just waiting to find out what that is."

That coupled with continuing injuries for Dele Alli, Dean Bowditch and Mark Randall doesn't make for good reading, while Dean Lewington is suspended for the game after his late sending-off against Chesterfield.

Joe Walsh has just been signed for exactly the purpose of replacing the likes of Lewington should he get injured, but Robinson isn't sure whether he's fit enough for the game yet, so Lee Hodson could come in at left back.

"I don't think he (Joe Walsh) is fit enough to play yet.

"We are putting him into a severe testing programme and we need to make sure where he's at before we make a decision over whether he plays or not, but he'll definitely be in the squad.

"He gives us some solidarity in that position but Lee is equally as good as most.

"He's a full Northern Ireland international so we're quite fortunate in that position."

Read more: http://www.mkweb.co.uk/Spurs-Dele-Alli-Fulham-s-George-Williams-Dean/story-26124729-detail/story.html?#ixzz3TWv1G38Z
Follow us: @YourMKWeb on Twitter | mymkweb on Facebook

WhiteJC

Howe faith in Bournemouth

Bournemouth head to Fulham on Friday night with manager Eddie Howe insisting their promotion bid is back on track.

The Cherries climbed back up to fourth in the Sky Bet Championship with their first victory in six games, beating Wolves 2-1 at the Goldsands Stadium on Tuesday night.

"It gave everyone a boost," Howe told BBC Radio Solent.

"All the question marks, doubt and negativity, from our perspective, were never there.

"It doesn't mean it goes away because you have to prove yourselves every week, but it proves there's nothing wrong with this team. This group is very strong and it's up to us what we achieve.

"That inner self-belief is so important. We have to know how good we are.

"We have proved that because we wouldn't be where we are if we weren't a very good team."

Bournemouth's visit to Craven Cottage will be the culmination of six tough days for Fulham, who beat then-leaders Derby last Saturday before narrowly going down to another promotion-chasing side, Watford, in midweek.

A play-off push under boss Kit Symons has failed to materialise this season and the Cottagers are just two places above the relegation zone, albeit eight points clear of third-bottom Millwall.

"The performances have been decent of late certainly, so we haven't quite got the points tally I would like from those but we're very much a work in progress I think," said Symons.

"That's quite evident and plain to see and there's still a lot of hard work to be done, but I'm quite happy with how the team's progressing and it's all going in the right direction."

Skipper Scott Parker, who ran the midfield against the Rams, missed the trip to Vicarage Road but is set to return against the Cherries.

"He was exhausted after Saturday's heroics and he got a whack on his knee as well," added Symons.

"But, that said, I would expect him to be fully fit for Friday night, touch wood."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/championship/news/article/360/9745121/-?

WhiteJC

Al Fayed's Parisian jewel The Ritz reflects facets of high society

The Parisian dream of César Ritz, born in 1850 and a shepherd's son from the Swiss Alps who gave the world some of its most renowned hotels, was to create something to which he could proudly attach his name.

Later this year, after a three-year closure, the first of his Ritz hotels, in the French capital's sophisticated Place Vendôme, will reopen to show off the results of an "unparallelled restoration" estimated to cost in the region of €200 million (Dh811.3m).

The reopening was originally scheduled for summer 2014, but in March last year the deadline was pushed back to early 2015.

The hotel first opened in 1898, an occasion at which César Ritz commented: "It's a small house to which I am proud to see my name attached."

It will still bear Ritz's name but ownership passed from the founder's family to the Egyptian businessman Mohamed Al Fayed in 1979, placing him decades ahead of the recent wave of luxury hotel acquisitions by Middle Eastern individuals or institutions.

The Ritz boasts an supremely glamorous past in which the names of Coco Chanel, Cole Porter, Ingrid Bergman and renowned American writers from Ernest Hemingway to Scott Fitzgerald take starring roles.

Hemingway once wrote to a friend: "When I dream of afterlife in heaven, the action always takes place in the Paris Ritz."

For the Italian actress Sophia Loren, it was simply "the most romantic hotel in the world".

On a more sombre note, it was from the Ritz that Princess Diana and Mr Fayed's son, Dodi, were driven to their deaths in a car crash beneath the Pont de l'Alma in 1997.

On its own less than modest self-assessment, the Ritz has always been "the epitome of elegance and the understated luxury of French art de vivre ... a gathering place for the greats of this world, royalty, artists and writers".

But for some latterday guests, the charm has faded in recent years, perhaps not surprisingly given that the last renovations were completed 28 years ago.

Comments at the Tripadvisor.com website immediately before closure included much praise, but also reservations about what the French call rapport qualité prix – value for, in this case, a lot of money.

"The rooms are very nice – loved the bathrooms – but they are looking tired," one visitor from Singapore wrote.

"I can understand why they are doing the renovations. When you are paying over US$1,000 a night for a room you would expect things to be top of the line."

The Ritz says such concerns are being addressed as the renovations will show once it reopens.

"To preserve its heritage," the hotel's website says, "the Ritz Paris is benefiting from an unparallelled restoration, not to begin a second life but to continue its legend."

The challenge of bringing a historic grand hotel into the 21st century has been met with "newly created spaces, high-tech comfort and a renewed commitment to classic roots".

A new tunnel will allow publicity-shy guests to enter discreetly from the garage. A retractable roof will "transform the winter garden into a leafy year-round patio". And the Ritz says guests will be offered a spa "entirely rethought in a contemporary spirit".

Paris high society, and affluent visitors to the City of Romance, may eagerly await the autumn reopening.

But one question remains. Does Mr Fayed have the stamina to lead his reborn Ritz into its new era?

Having sold his London store, Harrods, to Qatar Holdings in 2010, and the capital-based Fulham Football Club to the US-Pakistani billionaire, Shahid Khan, in 2013, he can expect renewed speculation that, at 86, it may be time to sell his Parisian jewel, too.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/travel-tourism/al-fayeds-parisian-jewel-the-ritz-reflects-facets-of-high-society?

WhiteJC

Roberts must be patient – Symons

Fulham manager Kit Symons has told highly-rated teenager Patrick Roberts he still has a lot to learn before he is ready for regular first-team football.

The 18-year-old, who has been linked with the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal, has played 18 times in the Championship this season, mostly in late substitute appearances.

Symons confirmed Roberts would not be in the squad for Friday's Championship game against Bournemouth and instead would play for the club's Under-21s against Manchester City on Saturday.

The Whites boss said: "Pat's still only just 18. He's a very young player who is still developing and still learning his trade.

"It's important that if he's not going to be in my squad that he gets some game time and continues his development.

"He's a special talent but we've already spoken about how the Championship is a tough, unforgiving league and he'll have to be patient.

"He will have to learn and develop. We're a great club for young players to do that learning and developing, so he's in a good place."

One player who will be in the squad to face promotion-chasing Bournemouth is captain Scott Parker, who missed Tuesday's defeat at Watford with a knee injury.

Defenders Tim Hoogland and Fernando Amorebieta are both in contention for their first starts in four months.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/roberts-must-be-patient-symons?

WhiteJC

U21s' City Trip

Fulham Under-21s take on Manchester City on Friday afternoon in the Barclays U21 Premier League (3pm).

The game sees the Whites make their first visit to the new £200m Etihad Campus, City's new Football Academy.

The two sides are separated by just one point in the table, with Peter Grant's side looking to leapfrog a number of clubs and move above their opponents into seventh with a win.

Fulham come into the game on the back of a defeat at home to Leicester City last Saturday, a game that saw Patrick Roberts find the back of the net, and he is set to feature again on Friday.

Our opponents find themselves in a sticky spell having lost their last three league games. However, they did stop the rot last time out, progressing on penalties against Schalke in the U19 UEFA Youth League.

In the return fixture back in October at Motspur Park, the Citizens ran out 2-0 winners, inflicting the first defeat of the season on Fulham. Sinan Bytyqi and Brandon Barker scored that day for Patrick Vieira's side.

The Whites will be hoping for similar fortunes to their last trip to Manchester, where they beat United 2-1 in early February.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/05/u21s-city-trip?

WhiteJC

Disabled supporters information: Fulham v AFC Bournemouth

There are nine wheelchair bays available for away supporters at Craven Cottage.
These are situated on a raised platform within the away seating area.

Fulham offer away headsets, with no deposit required. They are allocated on a first come first serve basis and can be reserved by contacting Fulham's disabled liaison officer on the below details.

There are disabled parking spaces available for away supporters at Craven Cottage. These need to be reserved by contacting Fulham's disabled liaison officer.

The disabled liaison officer can be contacted by calling Nicola Walworth on 0208 336 7477.

Read more at http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/disabled-supporters-information-fulham-v-afc-bournemouth-2316426.aspx#rAdYGa0gzM5i4cdy.99

WhiteJC

Parker penned in for Fulham return

Skipper Scott Parker is poised to return to the Fulham squad for the visit of Bournemouth.

The former England international was rested for the 1-0 midweek defeat at Watford having suffered a slight knock to his knee against Derby on Saturday.

Fellow midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen looks set to miss out again, however, having sustained a hamstring injury against the Rams.

Fit-again full-backs Tim Hoogland (hernia) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee) should be involved again after they were named on the bench at Vicarage Road alongside striker Hugo Rodallega, who could return to the starting line-up after shaking off a leg injury.

A first win in five games means Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe is unlikely to make changes.

Matt Richie returned to the side in the 2-1 win over Wolves and is likely to keep his place in the side, although Ryan Fraser is an alternative on the bench.

Winger Marc Pugh experienced no after-effects to a knee injury suffered last weekend before being substituted, but Dan Gosling and Eunan O'Kane remain sidelined.

One player who will be missing for the Cherries is defender Miles Addison who has joined Blackpool on loan after struggling for game time at Dean Court.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/414344/fulham-afc-bournemouth/preview?

WhiteJC

Howe issues pre-Fulham rally cry

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe says his players must maintain their belief as they look for another promotion-boosting win at Fulham.

The Cherries go to Craven Cottage for the Friday evening clash sitting just three points behind leaders Middlesbrough in the Championship.

Tuesday's 2-1 win over Wolves put an end to Bournemouth's five-game sequence without a win and now Howe wants his side to maintain their form against Fulham as they aim to secure automatic promotion.

"It gave everyone a boost," Howe said about the victory over Kenny Jackett's men.

"All the question marks, doubt and negativity, from our perspective, were never there. "It doesn't mean it goes away because you have to prove yourselves every week, but it proves there's nothing wrong with this team. This group is very strong and it's up to us what we achieve.

"That inner self-belief is so important. We have to know how good we are. We have proved that because we wouldn't be where we are if we weren't a very good team."

With Howe's comments in mind, punters may decide to use their free bet to back the Cherries to make it two wins on the bounce.

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/bournemouth/howe-issues-pre-fulham-rally-cry-1761304.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Bournemouth

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Friday, 5 March Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; updates on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Fulham captain Scott Parker is available for the visit of Bournemouth after being rested for Tuesday's defeat at Watford.

Midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen (hamstring) is set to miss out, but one of fit-again duo Tim Hoogland or Fernando Amorebieta could start.
Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe is likely to name an unchanged starting XI after Tuesday's win against Wolves.

Dan Gosling and Eunan O'Kane remain sidelined for the Cherries.

Bournemouth moved up to fourth in the Championship with that victory over Wolves - their first win in six matches.

"It gave everyone a boost," Howe told BBC Radio Solent. "All the question marks, doubt and negativity - from our perspective they were never there.

"It doesn't mean it goes away because you have to prove yourselves every week, but it proves there's nothing wrong with this team. This group is very strong and it's up to us what we achieve."

Fulham beat then-leaders Derby on Saturday but the loss to Watford left them 20th in the table.

"The performances have been decent of late, so we haven't quite got the points tally I would like from those, but we're very much a work in progress," said Cottagers boss Kit Symons.

"That's quite evident and there's still a lot of hard work to be done, but I'm quite happy with how the team's progressing and it's all going in the right direction."

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Bournemouth won the earlier meeting this season 2-0 at the Goldsands Stadium on Boxing Day.

Bournemouth are unbeaten in the last five meetings, winning three. Fulham's last win was 3-1 away in the old Division Two in January 1994.

Bournemouth are unbeaten in the last four meetings at Craven Cottage, winning two. Fulham's last win at home was 2-0 in the old Division Three in April 1992.

Fulham
Fulham have won only one of their last 10 games in all competitions. Their only win since mid-January was 2-0 against Derby at home in the Championship on Saturday.
Fulham have lost only one of their last five home games in the Championship. Their only league defeat at Craven Cottage in 2015 was 2-1 against Ipswich on 14 February.

Bournemouth
Bournemouth won 2-1 against Wolves at home on Tuesday - their first win in six games.
Bournemouth have won only one of their last five away games in all competitions. Their only win on the road since mid-January was 3-1 at Wigan in the Championship on 7 February.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31654572

WhiteJC

London To Amsterdam

Join Fulham FC and Fulham FC Foundation staff members and be part of our team riding into Europe in this year's London to Amsterdam Challenge in aid of Prostate Cancer UK.

The 145-mile event, which starts on Friday 12th June, includes a half-time pit-stop at Colchester United before sailing from Harwich at the end of day one.

The second day (Saturday 13th June) will take in the picturesque surroundings along the pristine pathways of the Netherlands before completing the cycle challenge by arriving at the Amsterdam ArenA, home of current Dutch champions and winners of 33 Dutch league titles, Ajax.

Fulham fans are encouraged to join and help raise funds and awareness for Prostate Cancer UK. The deadline for signing up is looming fast and applications will need to be submitted by Monday 16 March 2015.

Prostate cancer kills one man every hour in the UK, and in 2014 riders from more than 50 clubs helped raise more than £200,000. This year, we want to do even better so why not get involved with your friends and have a great time whilst helping an excellent cause.

In the below video, four members of the Fulham team (Danielle Richards, Darren Preston, Ben Haworth and Steve Riley) look ahead to the challenge.

London to Amsterdam Challenge

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/05/london-to-amsterdam?

WhiteJC

Kit's Bournemouth Preview

Kit Symons believes his team have the strength to beat anyone in the Sky Bet Championship and is hoping that the quality they showed at home against Derby County and away to Watford will give the Whites confidence when they host Bournemouth under the floodlights at Craven Cottage on Friday evening (7.45pm).

"We can play well against anyone," Symons said in the press conference ahead of the Bournemouth game. "Derby and Watford were two very good performances. Obviously Derby was a positive result for us. Watford, we lost the game but in my opinion should have got something out of it. I felt we were equally as good as them on the day.

"That gives us confidence going into this game against Bournemouth. I'm not surprised they're still up there fighting for automatic promotion. They're a good side. I'm really looking forward to it."

Boosting the squad will be the return to fitness of Scott Parker and the availability of Matt Smith following his three-month loan period at Bristol City where he scored 13 goals.

"He was excellent for us against Derby, Scott," said Symons. "We are far from a one man team but he was certainly inspirational against Derby. He led the way for the team.

"Matt Smith featured on Tuesday. He gave us a different dimension, a different option up front. I'd expect Matt to be featuring between now and the end of the season, certainly."

Currently sitting in 20th place in the Championship with 39 points, Symons says the focus is on bettering the Whites' league position over the next few months.

"Our position that we are in in the league doesn't look great," said Kit. "I am very conscious that the priority is to make sure we stay in the division but also I really want to push on up the league as well, and a couple of wins can do that."

Alan Curbishley has joined Kit Symons' backroom team until the end of the season, bringing his experience in the Championship and beyond, as the Whites look to build and improve.

"I am delighted. Alan is someone who I know reasonably well. And I know him by reputation extremely well," said Symons. "He's been around a long time with a wealth of experience.

"That's the one thing that myself and my staff, who have been fantastic I've got to say, haven't got at that level. He's got that experience in abundance. I'll be certainly tapping into him trying to get as much knowledge and use his experience as much as possible.

"I want to be as good as I can be and want the staff to be as good as they can be and I want the football club to do as well as it can. And Alan Curbishley coming in will help that."

In addition, Fulham fans recently came out top in a recent YouGov poll monitoring how London clubs' fans are perceived. It was a win which did not surprise the Whites Manager in the slightest.

"On Tuesday night away at Watford I thought they were absolutely brilliant," said Symons. "Real good support for the team, getting behind us from the first whistle to the last whistle.

"We feel very lucky to have such good supporters at this football club who get behind the team and do things in the right way."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/05/kits-bournemouth-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Bournemouth preview

Skipper Scott Parker is poised to return to the Fulham squad for the visit of Bournemouth.

The former England international was rested for the 1-0 midweek defeat at Watford having suffered a slight knock to his knee against Derby on Saturday.

Fellow midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen looks set to miss out again, however, having sustained a hamstring injury against the Rams.

Fit-again full-backs Tim Hoogland (hernia) and Fernando Amorebieta (knee) should be involved again after they were named on the bench at Vicarage Road alongside striker Hugo Rodallega, who could return to the starting line-up after shaking off a leg injury.

A first win in five games means Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe is unlikely to make changes.

Matt Richie returned to the side in the 2-1 win over Wolves and is likely to keep his place in the side, although Ryan Fraser is an alternative on the bench.

Winger Marc Pugh experienced no after-effects to a knee injury suffered last weekend before being substituted, but Dan Gosling and Eunan O'Kane remain sidelined.

One player who will be missing for the Cherries is defender Miles Addison, who has joined Blackpool on loan after struggling for game time at Dean Court.

http://www.teamtalk.com/match/preview/978/9745446/-?

WhiteJC

Brentford Griffins beat Fulham 5-0 to record third straight league win

Youth Alliance side complete comprehensive victory over local rivals
Brentford Griffins swept aside Fulham (Merton) 5-0 in their latest Football Conference Youth Alliance London/South East fixture on Wednesday.
The Griffins, one of two Academy sides formed following a partnership between Brentford's Category Two Academy and West Thames College, proved far too strong for their West London rivals.
Two goals from Abdul Oues, an own goal, and strikes from Terence Vancooten and Ibrahim Lukalay secured The Griffins fifth win in six matches.
The win also meant that The Griffins have put 13 goals without reply past Fulham (Merton) this campaign.
It was The Griffins sixth clean sheet in 12 matches this season and Dan Wright's side have conceded just nine goals all season.
The three points take The Griffins to within five points of the top three with a number of games in hand on all the sides above them.
Next up for The Griffins is a home match against Woking Whites on Monday March 16th.
The Brentford Bees were left frustrated as they had a second straight match postponed in the Home Counties/South West Division.
The Bees match at home to Oxford City fell foul of the conditions meaning it is now a month since they have played a competitive fixture.
They remain seventh in the table but are just two points off fourth place and will hope to close that gap when they host Southampton (Sparsholt) at Osterley Sports Club this coming Wednesday.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-fulham-football-conference-youth-alliance-2316688.aspx#QISw1FC4hwTDh7sD.99

WhiteJC

Alan Curbishley joins Fulham's coaching team for the remainder of the season
Alan Curbishley spent time as Fulham's director of football last season
The former Charlton manager was sacked when Felix Magath joined
But Curbishley has returned to the club for the rest of the season
Curbishley will join manager Kit Symons' backroom staff

Former Charlton and West Ham manager Alan Curbishley has joined Fulham's coaching team until the end of the season.

Curbishley has been brought in to help out manager Kit Symons in the remaining 11 matches in the Championship this season.

Curbishley spent a short spell at Fulham as director of football last season – but was sacked when Felix Magath was appointed manager.

Former Charlton manager Alan Curbishley has joined Fulham's coaching team until the end of the season

Curbishley has been brought in to help out manager Kit Symons in the remaining 11 matches

Now Symons has added Curbishley to his backroom team, and the Fulham manager said: 'I am delighted. Alan is someone who I know reasonably well. And I know him by reputation extremely well. He's been around a long time with a wealth of experience.

'That's the one thing that myself and my staff, who have been fantastic I've got to say, haven't got at that level. He's got that experience in abundance. I' ll be certainly tapping into him trying to get as much knowledge and use his experience as much as possible.

'I want to be as good as I can be and want the staff to be as good as they can be and I want the football club to do as well as it can. And Alan Curbishley coming in will help that.'

Ryan Tuncliffe in action during Fulham's recent 1-0 Championship defeat by Watford

Curbishley and Ray Wilkins when they were technical director and assistant manager last season

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2981545/Alan-Curbishley-joins-Fulham-s-coaching-team-remainder-season.html#ixzz3TXcc1cuN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

AFC Bournemouth: Trip to Craven Cottage will evoke fond memories for Cherries supporters

CHERRIES will be looking to return to the Championship summit tomorrow at a venue which holds fond memories for the club's supporters.

Craven Cottage has been a happy hunting ground for the Dorset outfit – with promotion to the second flight for the first time secured on the banks of the Thames in 1987.

More than 4,000 travelling fans headed to west London to see Harry Redknapp's men triumph 3-1 against the Cottagers almost 27 years ago.

Cherries were buoyed by Gerry Peyton's penalty save from Peter Scott before Fulham took the lead after a cross from Jeff Hopkins had deflected in off John 'Willo' Williams.

However, the visitors hit back almost immediately when Trevor Aylott netted from the spot after Carl Richards had been fouled by Paul Parker.

And Aylott fired them in front following a Richard Cooke cross nine minutes from time before on-loan Leicester man Tony Sealy's 25-yard stunner sealed promotion.

Although Fulham remained unbeaten at home by Cherries during their days in Division Three (South) before the war, the tables have turned in more recent times.

Cherries have won three and drawn four of eight league encounters at the Cottage with the last meeting ending in stalemate in August 1998 when Eddie Howe, Jason Tindall, Steve Fletcher and Richard Hughes started for the visitors.

Fulham, managed by Kevin Keegan, ended the campaign as runaway winners of Division Two, while Mel Machin's Cherries missed out on a place in the play-offs after drawing 0-0 with Wrexham on the final day of the season.

The previous year – which was Mohamed Al-Fayed's first season as owner – Steve Robinson netted for Cherries in a 1-0 win at the Cottage to inflict only Fulham's second home defeat in 17 games. The game saw Eddie Howe come off the bench in the 88th minute and play up front for the first and only time in his career.

Adrian Pennock and Steve Fletcher were on target in a 2-0 victory in October 1993, while Fulham's 2-0 victory at Craven Cottage in April 1992 was one of Harry Redknapp's final games in charge of Cherries.

Since losing 2-0 at Dean Court on Boxing Day, Fulham have managed three wins in the Championship and beat Wolves on penalties in the FA Cup before bowing out to Sunderland.

Victory over high-flying Derby at Craven Cottage five days ago was their only league win in eight with Fulham going down 1-0 at Watford on Tuesday.

Bottom of the table after collecting a solitary point from their first eight games, Felix Magath was eventually replaced by Kit Symons at the end of October with Fulham currently eight points above the drop zone.

Symons, whose full first name is Christopher, and Howe were on opposite sides the last time the teams met at Craven Cottage with both starring for their respective defences in a 0-0 draw in August 1998.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/11837807._/?

WhiteJC

Farnborough sign Magnus Norman on loan from Fulham

Farnborough Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of goalkeeper Magnus Norman on loan from Fulham until the end of the season.

Magnus, who turned 18 in January, joins from the Sky Bet Championship Club until the end of the season.

Other loan goalkeeper Marek Rodák returns to Craven Cottage. We thank Marek for his time with the Club.

On joining, Magnus exclusively told www.farnboroughfc.co.uk: "I'm very happy to be signing, I think it's gonna be a great experience for me.

He added: "My goal is to help keep Farnborough in the Conference South for this season, it will be my first senior games so I hope to gain a lot of experience!"

Norman in action for Fulham Under 18s saving a penalty

Magnus made 12 appearances in all competitions for Fulham's Under-18s in the 2013/14 season.

On October 1st 2014, Magnus signed his first professional contract, tying him to the Club until 30th June 2016.

You can follow Magnus on Twitter @MagnusNormanGK1

http://www.farnboroughfc.co.uk/2015/03/farnborough-sign-magnus-norman-on-loan-from-fulham/