watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we stay up, who goes? Who stays?

Started by fcfulham55, March 07, 2015, 03:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Easier for me to list the players I believe have the quality to battle for promotion. Thus the players I'd keep are as follows;

McCormack
Kačaniklić
Christensen

Also. Roberts if we can hold onto him? Guess that applies to the above too!

I know you can't replace everyone at once, but the rest of our squad needs replacing. And it will take time, but I really can't see us attracting decent players with Kit in charge.

We need a man like Tigana, with good connections.

I really think we have a difficult few years ahead of ourselves rebuilding, Khan and his appointments have sent us back years!

Sent from my Nokia 3310

bill taylors apprentice

Problem is, anyone worth keeping will be looking for a way out.

LVC, Dembele Betts, McCormack are the only ones with any real quality.

The likes of Roberts have potential while the likes of Kaca, Tunicliffe, Hoogerland, Bodorov etc will never be good enough if we have ambition.

As for Parker, his derby performance is too rare and for every crunching tackle he makes he slows 10 other moves.  

K33NY

The players I would keep:

Bettinelli
LVC
Kaca
McCormack
Dembele
Roberts

thats it, the rest can leave,Kit as well, we bring in a manager, a good manager, he brings in a solid defence, a rocking midfield and some lethal strikers

PaulJ123

Betts, Hutchinson, Burn, LVC, Tunni, Kaca, Roberts, Mccormack

I'd like to see those in the first team next season.

Andyb

Wimbledon_White

As I have said over and over again, successful squads/teams in this division are 9 times out of 10 chock full of Championship experienced players.

We only have McCormack and Smith with any Championshop experience. Kaca has some from his Burnley loan but it's limited at best.

My point is, however, one would hope that this season has been excellent experience for our squad and I wouldn't overhaul it all over again. For me the following players are ones we should build a squad around.

Bettinelli
Hutchinson
Grimmer
LVC
Tunnicliffe
Kacaniklic (tho imo he needs to bulk up still; too weak generally)
Woodrow
Smith
McCormack

So in my mind we need quite a few additions;

RB, LB, CB, CAM, RW.

All need Championship experience and need to be fighters, hungry to get stuck in and battle.

A spine of Betts, Hutch, Tunnicliffe, McCormack and Smith looks decent to me. Compliment them with some Championship quality and we'd perhaps have a push for the play-offs next season.

But what do I know? Think I have probably contradicted myself a few times already.