watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just a thought for improvement on the forum

Started by irishfulham, March 08, 2015, 10:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

wud it be possible to get notifications etc maybe even chat like facebook i dont see the chat as too much of a big thing but i think the site would be so much better if there where notifications e.g some1 commented on your post etc rather than having to go into each post to see comments thoughts?

H4usuallysitting

At my age........I understand none of the above

Admin

Quote from: irishfulham on March 08, 2015, 10:02:00 PM
wud it be possible to get notifications etc maybe even chat like facebook i dont see the chat as too much of a big thing but i think the site would be so much better if there where notifications e.g some1 commented on your post etc rather than having to go into each post to see comments thoughts?

FOF once had a chatroom, it was used in the early days quite successfully, but as we grew, less and less people used it, so we decided to shut it down. We also had notifications on posts, if someone replied whilst you were typing, a red notification came up, but again, it was turned off as it caused trouble in the Matchday thread.   

dannyboi-ffc

I found that red notification thingy a right pain lol. It was a nice idea but I just wanted to post my comments, most of the time I just ignored the notification anyway.

Chat room is a decent idea but I'm not sure it's for me. I don't think I would use it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FPT

I think he means an email notification - "so and so commented on a post you were watching."

With that it could have a preview of the comment, rather than frequently checking the website - but that would lower the traffic of the site presumably.

irishfulham

yeah i just mean something like a red marker or something on the top of the page click it and it says something like ''mr x has commented on your post'' or something like that and maybe finding a way of removing it from the match day thread sorry if its been posted before im relatively new to the site

Berserker

I think you can set that up on your preferences. One of the other mods will tell you how. I'm using tapatalk at the moment so can't look at that part to give you instructions.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.