more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR OK, I give in....Joke

Started by Peabody, March 12, 2015, 12:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Fingers crossed there are no potential politicians out there

Brenda was in the fertilised egg business. She had several hundred young 'pullets' and ten roosters to fertilise their eggs. She kept records and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced. This took a lot of time, so she bought some tiny bells and attached them to her roosters. Each bell had a different tone so she could tell from a distance which rooster was performing. Now, she could sit In her kitchen and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.

Brenda's favourite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen, but one morning she noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! When she went to investigate she saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover. To Brenda's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.

Brenda was so proud of old Butch, she entered him in the Bath & West Show and he became an overnight sensation among the judges. The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the "No Bell Piece Prize," but they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well. Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention.

Vote carefully in the next election, you can't always hear the bells.

CorkCity

A bit racist that one, was the rooster black ?
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Logicalman

Glad to see you're back on form Mr. P. Well done sir.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Great joke, but I have to complain about incorrect usage of the names of:

Sir Arthur Nobel - who not only 'named' the peace prize but invented dynamite (go figure)
Jozsef "Joey the Jew" Pulitzer -  Who had a fascinating life, like most people I knew little about him,
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Airfix

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 12, 2015, 03:22:25 PM
Great joke, but I have to complain about incorrect usage of the names of:

Sir Arthur Nobel - who not only 'named' the peace prize but invented dynamite (go figure)
Jozsef "Joey the Jew" Pulitzer -  Who had a fascinating life, like most people I knew little about him,

So the joke is racist due to the Jewish connection?  Mods! MODS!!!!

084.gif

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

glenhodgso

Fernhurst

Your gentle humour has always been appreciated Mr P especially as we go through another gloomy period.

I'm pretty sure everyone who love your diversions from the stress of continuous arguments over the way forward for Fulham is neither racist nor sexist.
We grown up's can assimilate if we think the humour was just too much.

Keep on trucking Corporal Jones, you have much support

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: glenhodgso on March 12, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on March 12, 2015, 04:19:02 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 12, 2015, 04:05:23 PM
Help I have been offended

No, I'VE been offended!

Your offence taking offends me...
I was not offended, but feel that others are and I have been left out.  This offends me.
Who can I complain to please?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 12, 2015, 07:57:35 PM
Quote from: glenhodgso on March 12, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on March 12, 2015, 04:19:02 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 12, 2015, 04:05:23 PM
Help I have been offended

No, I'VE been offended!

Your offence taking offends me...
I was not offended, but feel that others are and I have been left out.  This offends me.
Who can I complain to please?
Fulham Tup North.....I too live up North and have many northern friends who could be offended by your mickey taking of the way they talk oop here.....can you consider changing your name, our lad?
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

e4b

I thought only dogs could get their bells in their mouths fp.gif Sorry to lower the tone Mr P

Southcoastffc

Welcome back Mr P!  Good to read you again.  082.gif  (And if you ever have another blip, remember that Sinatra had LOADS of comebacks.) 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

blingo

065.gif 065.gif 065.gif :medal: :54:

Admin

Any more offense taken and this thread will be locked!!

Airfix

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 12, 2015, 10:18:50 PM
...And if you ever have another blip, remember that Sinatra had LOADS of comebacks...

He's been strangely quiet for a while now, though.

Airfix

Quote from: Admin on March 12, 2015, 10:36:05 PM

That offends me.

(Someone had to)

Logicalman

Quote from: Admin on March 12, 2015, 10:36:05 PM

Ahh, we're finally Americanizing you Admin!   :005:

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Many years ago in Coventry some thugs stole my back gate.
They were a nasty bunch and I was a bit scared to confront
them incase they took a fence.

Where's my syringe ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES