watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr - clarkson

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 13, 2015, 03:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Someone did a calculation and with books, live shows and dvd's it is worth around 100 million to the bbc. they also said to put that into context that it was around an extra £10 per licence payer to cover the difference or £10 per TV in every home, something stupid like that.

Big call to get rid if they do, but as I said earlier I think Sky will renew their interest in him and the other 2
Every day is a Fulham day

cmg

"The public gets what the public wants."

If they want a tedious, repetitious, one-trick pony, I guess that's what they'll get. Baffles me.

Holders

The financial considerations are major and Clarkson knows that full well. He holds all the aces and won't be worried about a thing: if the BBC sack him he'll be off to do something similar with a commercial station with less scruples and probably get away with more and more "adventurous" indiscretions. His outspokenness would be welcomed and could only be good for viewing figures and thus advertising revenue. It'll line Murdoch's pocket (or someone similar) rather than go into the coffers of the state broadcaster. He's a thoroughly nasty, but popular,  piece of commercial property but I know what I'd rather have. The BBC have a real dilemma and, whichever way, are likely to come out with egg on their faces.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

at work so cant hear the video, is the video different to the quotes printed, as the family dont mention a punch in the quotes printed
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

"Top Gear"....zzzzz
Rather watch the fish going round the tank....Backwards

filham

Nice article in the Telegraph suggesting that some modern personalities are similar in character to the football clubs they support, Clarkson is a Chelsea supporter.

Logicalman

For the most part, I've liked watching Top Gear through the years, though more recently it has become more about the three characters (and more so about Clarkson) than the cars or the industry, and thats wrong.

In addition, a couple of their more recent stunts, in particular the Southern US trip and the Argentina trip, were manufactured to stir up a hatred with the local populace, and also I cannot see what the purpose of such trips were in any shape or form.

The Peru, Iceland and Dakar stunts were good, though its beginning to feel they are more wasting money than producing it, and once Mud, Sweat & Gears gets into full flow, I can see a waning audience for the Clarkson show (oops, sorry, I meant Top Gear) in the US.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

J.Perkins

He is entertaining. Top Gear is entertaining. He pushes the boundaries because he can. He has made Top Gear the most watched show in the world. Who are we to critique what he does in his own time, I like watching him on television, and so do 170 million people. Where ever Top Gear or Clarkson end up, I will always watch.

Mokes

The Greek royal family did that to me once when I was managing the Vue Cinema at Fulham Broadway. They carried on swearing at me telling me that they were personally going to see to it that I lost my job because I wouldn't let them that their their little princes into over 18's screening of a film.

I always like James May best anyway.

blingo

Sky have already approached him with a big offer. He sold out for £14m and a percentage of Top Gear rights. If he goes to Sky then Hammond and May won't be far behind. The only loser will be the BBC.

Burt

I can't believe that what should be an internal and confidential disciplinary issue is headline news! Particularly given what else is going on in the world.

westcliff white

Quote from: blingo on March 13, 2015, 01:22:12 PM
Sky have already approached him with a big offer. He sold out for £14m and a percentage of Top Gear rights. If he goes to Sky then Hammond and May won't be far behind. The only loser will be the BBC.
He sold his part of the top gear rights to the BBC a couple of years back just after signing a 3 year deal (expires this February), he retains no percentage as he was in effect selling h is half of Bedder 6 the company he owns with Andy Willman. Willman still owns his half i believe. Clarkson has a new compnay since then called Newincco

westcliff white

Quote from: Burt on March 13, 2015, 01:29:45 PM
I can't believe that what should be an internal and confidential disciplinary issue is headline news! Particularly given what else is going on in the world.
Agree, but in the BBC's words their source informed the BBC of the issue so they felt they had to report it. Very strange way of doing things

Berserker

Yes I like James May. He has been in interesting shows on his own over the last couple of years that I find interesting and amusing.
I like like the programme about the worlds most dangerous roads with celeb drivers, I don't think any of the top gear presentators have been on that though.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Agree Burt
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: blingo on March 13, 2015, 01:22:12 PM

Precisely.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Equalizer

In magic circles, it's called 'sleight of hand'. Keep your eyes on Clarkson / X-Factor / Kardashian, and don't notice how your Welfare State has been stolen by greedy politicians.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

JHaynes Paperboy

If it wasn't for Clarkson you would never of heard of the other two.

nose

haven't read the whole thread but if he really punched the man then he has to be sacked.
you cannot allow bullies to get away with it and he is undoubtedly a bully.
if you allow celebrities to abuse their power with no reigns who knows where it may end up, and this man has certainly been allowed to get away with murder so far.

Jimmy saville was also allowed to do what he wished with no recourse. i am not saying clarckson abuses children but the prinicple is absolutely the same.

At my work if a person bullies another, especially physical violence, then they have to leave for the benefit of the whole. clarkson is no different and the fact i find his puerile drivel so monotonous and childish is irelevant... the fact the world loves his lowest common denominator laddish behavior attractive a mystery to me is also not relevant... i used to like gary glitter and rolf harris (yes me an accredited sould brother!) but now will not hear their names becase of what they did.... what JC has dione is not quite the same league but is actually still dreadful! He must go if  guilty.

snarks

Actually the story has gone from "punched" to "threw a punch" to "manhandled"  and as I read somewhere else, it's likely to be "tickled" next.