watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The fall of Tunnicliffe

Started by J.Perkins, March 19, 2015, 01:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

He has been highly praised by the clubs we loaned him too, and I beleived it was a shocking decision to loan him out. Alas, we recalled him, which I thought was a good move. Rather annoyingly, he has been a passenger in almost every game. He brings nothing to the team. I have no idea why Symons keeps on playing him, which Fofana is more suited to this "diamond".

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 19, 2015, 01:10:40 AM
He has been highly praised by the clubs we loaned him too, and I beleived it was a shocking decision to loan him out. Alas, we recalled him, which I thought was a good move. Rather annoyingly, he has been a passenger in almost every game. He brings nothing to the team. I have no idea why Symons keeps on playing him, which Fofana is more suited to this "diamond".

What? Can't think of what so say. You watch today's game? He was everywhere. Ran more than anyone on the pitch and played as good as anyone one the park. Changed my opinion of him (which was inline with your post). He does lack confidence in the box and isn't clinical but he was great today

westcliff white

He does what he is asked to do, he also battled well and set up the equaliser against wednesday
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

Tunni had yet another good game, lots of the donky work, and certainly winning some tackles. The one who should be out is Hoogland, how does he even get near the team. No pace, no guile, no passing ability, can't head or tackle, he needs to be dropped.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 19, 2015, 01:10:40 AM

I don't know what game you were watching last night.

He played well. He worked tirelessly for the full game.

I recall a Munure fan likening him as the new Roy Keane. lol. I certainly can't agree with that because he is a average to good player, certainly not a great one.

But I confess, I really like his attitude and commitment.

I've been thinking about the quotes from other teams we've loaned him to, liking him.
Imo, the reason for this is he played in a midfield that was working. WE have a shocking midfield and a clueless manager. For any average to good midfield he would fit in, work hard and do a solid job. Hence the good reviews from other clubs.
Its just our shambolic mess of a team makes him look worse than he is.
8-)

He's not great but he has some talent and with the right players around him, (which we don't have at present), he would be good for us.

Btw, can we stop blaming individual players, and realize that the management and Upper management of our club are totally clueless.
Just an opinion.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

bobbo

He's poor dosent or not able to catch up with anyone who takes the ball off him.
Maybe we have not many other options but I'd rather not have him in the team.
Having said that last night he had one of his better performances
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Bronaldinho

Actually a decent midfielder in my eyes. As someone has said, he does what is needed. Works his socks off and gives it to the more creative players. He's the ideal replacement for Scott Parker to be honest. His work ethic is top quality. We just lack the creative outlets in the whole team. If we played with wingers, his breaking up the play and giving it to them to service would be good.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

snarks

Quote from: bobbo on March 19, 2015, 09:54:44 AM
He's poor dosent or not able to catch up with anyone who takes the ball off him.
Maybe we have not many other options but I'd rather not have him in the team.
Having said that last night he had one of his better performances

We're clearly watching a different player, yet strangely both have the name Ryan Tunnicliffe. Although whilst I agree he played well last night, he has been doing that sort of thing for weeks.

Baszab

Tunnicliffe was excellent yesterday - real passion and effort - should have scored though !

He got really angry at one point and I thought he might also get a red -- most of the payers showed real passion - just stupidity at critical times let us down

Observer1

I agree with the original poster; Tunnicliffe is the essence of a man who flatters to deceive.  Although, I have some sympathy for him about the way he has been treated - sent out on loan and then brought back, his contribution is negligible.  I was interested in seeing him play following very positive comments emanating from Blackburn but I have been massively disappointed.

He appears to offer little in defence and rarely ventures very far forward to support the attack and almost never has a shot.  Besides all of this, the most telling observation is that he also rarely tackles and, in my opinion, his work rate is abysmal.  Since coming into the team, results have got worse.

jms

I must admit to only watching him play when i mistakenly came to the Bournemouth game recently  :doh:
I really don't see what he brings to the team, and he just runs around in an aimless sort of way trying to fit in with Kit's plan ? ? !
Maybe I'm doing him an injustice....he just needs to be more organised, and read the game better. Uncle Woy would have sorted him.

colcliff

it seems that we keep going through the team and have to find an individual to blame
Ruiz not good enough  now all of a sudden he is a hero and we can only win if he plays
we had to put burn in the team plays a few games and he should be replaced by hutch now he should go as he's rubbish and burn should come back
we must get Tunnicliffe back now he's rubbish
Smith must return now people are  moaning because he did not have a great game last night and woodrow should be back in the team. this is the same Woodrow that many were saying was  not good enough at the start of the season
and you can go on and on through the team
none of these are bad players at the moment I feel we have some good players and some good potential but as a team we are poor what's the answer  new manager , new players  new board  they may all be factors  or none but there are plenty of teams asking the same questions  throughout the leagues
and not coming up with answers