watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary Neville

Started by shnlwswlkr, March 19, 2015, 09:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shnlwswlkr

Rumour has it he is being lined up to come in in the Summer. Roy Hodgson has supposedly advised him too to make the choice. Does anybody know any more to this rumour or how much truth is in it?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Northern Cottager

As what exactly? Last thing we need is another inexperienced head trying to make their way in management through messing with us.

dannyboi-ffc

Does he want to be a manager? He has a cushy little job for sky, plus he'd surely have to give up on his England role.

I'm beginning to lose my mind. I don't know who's a good appointment and who isn't. Part of me doesn't really care any more.

I just need us to somehow stay up and sack kit instantly if he doesn't go before then. That way I can enjoy a couple of weeks away from football and be recharged and raring to go next year.

I need a break from this
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Reznor

You can't tell me there isn't a half decent manager in the 3 divisions below the Prem that has experience worth going for. Khan is such a muppet I could see him going for another man with little or no experience. Khan is dragging this club down so fast I'm getting dizzy!

Bronaldinho

I'd like to see it happen, reckon he would make a good manager in all honesty.

But he makes far too much cash from Sky. No chance he'd risk that.

I wanted Neil Lennon, he'd have done a tremendous job especially in the summer given funds.

We need a coach who builds a side from the back, as much as people hate him on here Tony Pulis is the type of coach we need. Shut up shop from the back then develop other areas.

Who's available for that? Sam Allardyce in the summer, but I reckon he'd be costly. Whilst not attractive football at the start, he would do a job with us for sure. No one else really springs to mind
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Berserker

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 19, 2015, 10:10:46 AM
Does he want to be a manager? He has a cushy little job for sky, plus he'd surely have to give up on his England role.

I'm beginning to lose my mind. I don't know who's a good appointment and who isn't. Part of me doesn't really care any more.

I just need us to somehow stay up and sack kit instantly if he doesn't go before then. That way I can enjoy a couple of weeks away from football and be recharged and raring to go next year.

I need a break from this
Now your a Mod you can't ever get away from Fulham. You have to read every post in every thread how ever bad we play, what ever happens. Even if it makes you want to weep.......:'(
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Reznor on March 19, 2015, 10:14:10 AM
You can't tell me there isn't a half decent manager in the 3 divisions below the Prem that has experience worth going for. Khan is such a muppet I could see him going for another man with little or no experience. Khan is dragging this club down so fast I'm getting dizzy!

Personally, don't get the hate for Khan. Funding the stadium expansion, thrown big bucks at our transfer spending too. All the players are paid on time and in terms of financial matters, the club is run incredibly well. It's his advisors, people in charge of staff management and playing issues that are the cause for concern.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

alexbishop

He's learning from the right person that's for sure. No idea what type of manager he would be but tactically he would definitely try and organise our defence a) as Roy is king of organisation and b) GN's punditry often focuses on defensive side of the game.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on March 19, 2015, 10:22:01 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 19, 2015, 10:10:46 AM

I need a break from this
Now your a Mod you can't ever get away from Fulham. You have to read every post in every thread how ever bad we play, what ever happens. Even if it makes you want to weep.......:'(

So theres Danny on the brink of ramming his bus and you decide to give a motivational talk that makes him stand in front of aforementioned bus. And I suspect you are sober!

Now then. Last time I saw you with Dereks son in tow we had the four suits behind us. When goal number three went in and we were milling about pondering what to do next one of them said to the one furthest away from him "I can't see him giving up media work for this rabble". I mean't to ask what he mean't but I followed you instead. Never gave it a thought until Neville gets a mention but scarily there are others gracing the airwaves and papers currently out of work. Warnock? aaarghh.

Berserker

Was the suits Fulham or Bournemouth. Also maybe they meant Murph
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Craven Mad

Gary Neville or Danny Murphy would both be very high on my list of replacements.

Both very tactically aware and would be an inspiration to our youngsters.

Buffalo76

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on March 19, 2015, 09:54:07 AM
Rumour has it he is being lined up to come in in the Summer. Roy Hodgson has supposedly advised him too to make the choice. Does anybody know any more to this rumour or how much truth is in it?

Gary Neville coming to us?????  064.gif

MJG

Why Murphy,  talks a good game but that's the extent of his coaching credentials

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on March 19, 2015, 12:44:51 PM
Why Murphy,  talks a good game but that's the extent of his coaching credentials

Correct. ..

fulhaman

I am surprised how good/amazing Gary Neville is on Sky. I agree with nearly everything he says. I have been going on for ages how good this guy would be as a manager, if this rumour is true I would be very happy. Though the last time I was very happy about a manager was Martin Jol lol

Chesh

Where does this rumour come from?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

FPT

This is very interesting, I doubt it's true; but I think this could be an excellent place for someone like Gary Neville to make a huge step in their coaching career. At least Neville has actually put his coaching qualifications to use unlike Danny Murphy sadly. I do believe that Shahid Khan wants to instil that more European/"American Football" set up, with a head coach and a "general manager." I do think Mike Rigg will be here for a while rather than just a Kit specific appointment, and in conjunction with a coach, it could go swimmingly once all has been put into place.

Neville would really interest me, though I don't believe the rumour.

Steven Ageroad

Any manager that is interested in the Fulham job would obviously want to know which league we are in first, Championship or league One!

Mince n Tatties

Hilda the Tea Lady been gossipping again... :023:

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 19, 2015, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on March 19, 2015, 02:39:36 PM
Any manager that is interested in the Fulham job would obviously want to know which league we are in first, Championship or league

Yes a good point you have made, but I shall reassure you now, and any prospective football manager that we will not go down, we will stay in the Championship, we are a better team than Blackpool. Rotherham. Millwall. Wigan, at least, and maybe others.
Why do I think that you may ask yourselves.
Because man for man we have the better quality players, and injuries permitting, when push cones to shove, when the club wi have to face the opponents toe to toe, we will conquer and be victorious, Mark my words. If we fail I will cross the English Channel on a plank, if I can find a plank
Long enough. So relax and rest, we have the players I am certain of that, it's still in our hands, and the glory in the next few weeks will be verbarating round Craven Cottage  and this message board not witnessed since our European glories five years ago. 

There are a few planks for you to choose from who currently grace the CC pitch!