more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

leadership?

Started by nose, March 19, 2015, 04:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

We have none and consequently flounder

a stay away owner.... a board that have presided over the most bizarre managerial selections and transfers, i won't go into it again we all know what i mean.... the arrival of curbs last season and the disaster that ensued AND NOW, wait for it, curbs is back. What for?

Kit needs an assistant, a number two,  wearing a track suit and being part of the coaching staff like ray was to roy..... not an ageing 'suit.'

khan, i am sure is a lovely man with good intent but his leadership, or lack thereof is killing us....... what will he say as we start next season in league one, will he tell us again about his long term plans, i foresee us playing forest green rovers in the conference if khan doesn't wake up and smell the coffee.... he needs a new board and a top class manager with expereinced coaching staff.   we are in a terrible state.... he is supposed to be a good business man, let him prove it by acting now and the first thing he should do is attend a few games starting at huddersfield at the weekend.  he shouldn't just talk to kit on the fone and pat him on the head... he needs to explain this is not at all good enough!

lack of leadership from the top in the end is what is suffocating uis, that and a hopelessly ineffective midfield!

alfie

Quote from: nose on March 19, 2015, 04:40:18 PM

a stay away owner.... a board that have presided over the most bizarre managerial selections and transfers, i won't go into it again we all know what i mean.... the arrival of curbs last season and the disaster that ensued AND NOW, wait for it, curbs is back. What for?

Kit needs an assistant, a number two,  wearing a track suit and being part of the coaching staff like ray was to roy..... not an ageing 'suit.'

khan, i am sure is a lovely man with good intent but his leadership, or lack thereof is killing us....... what will he say as we start next season in league one, will he tell us again about his long term plans, i foresee us playing forest green rovers in the conference if khan doesn't wake up and smell the coffee.... he needs a new board and a top class manager with expereinced coaching staff.   we are in a terrible state.... he is supposed to be a good business man, let him prove it by acting now and the first thing he should do is attend a few games starting at huddersfield at the weekend.  he shouldn't just talk to kit on the fone and pat him on the head... he needs to explain this is not at all good enough!

lack of leadership from the top in the end is what is suffocating uis, that and a hopelessly ineffective midfield!

Do you know I am sick of this Stay away chairman business, the guy lives in the States, and you really have no idea what day to day input he may/may not have, he said right from the off that he puts people in place to do the job, he has changed personal, he was accused of not knowing anything about football, so in line with what people were saying on here he compiled a 5 man team 2 of which are considered by most on here as virtual gods to select a viable manager, he has brought in Riggs, and now Curbs, there was money available, and I have it on good faith that KS did not like who was available, the only 2 he was interested in failed to come due to injuries. Now based on any knowledge you have of what Khan does or does not do, what do you want him to do?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Reznor

Quote from: alfie on March 19, 2015, 05:02:58 PM

Do you know I am sick of this Stay away chairman business, the guy lives in the States, and you really have no idea what day to day input he may/may not have, he said right from the off that he puts people in place to do the job, he has changed personal, he was accused of not knowing anything about football, so in line with what people were saying on here he compiled a 5 man team 2 of which are considered by most on here as virtual gods to select a viable manager, he has brought in Riggs, and now Curbs, there was money available, and I have it on good faith that KS did not like who was available, the only 2 he was interested in failed to come due to injuries. Now based on any knowledge you have of what Khan does or does not do, what do you want him to do?

Leave.

nose

i want him to turn up more often and when he does stay to the end.
i want him at the training ground from time to time...
when he purchased the club it was, as he said, with a view to taking us forward.
he is totally ineffective because he is not here, ever.
this is not rocket science what i said, it is just common sense, the team he has kept in charge are useless... i should not need to remind you of the debacle of three managers last season and one of them was Felix, OMG, how could that have ever happened if we had competent profesionals in charge and that was compounded by the mighty mitro cockup!

come on, Khan's abscence is a mega part of our problem. any business needs leadership, we have none.

VicHalomsLovechild

Most of us prefer work when the boss isn't there. I'm self employed and even I'm happier when I'm not snooping about.

love4ffc

Completely Agree with you Alfie. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

alfie

Quote from: Reznor on March 19, 2015, 07:30:45 PM

Leave.

Not sure what that means, at least Nose gave me a very good reply which i do understand, but "leave"? What am i leaving.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

Quote from: nose on March 19, 2015, 10:10:16 PM

i want him to turn up more often and when he does stay to the end.
i want him at the training ground from time to time...
when he purchased the club it was, as he said, with a view to taking us forward.
he is totally ineffective because he is not here, ever.
this is not rocket science what i said, it is just common sense, the team he has kept in charge are useless... i should not need to remind you of the debacle of three managers last season and one of them was Felix, OMG, how could that have ever happened if we had competent profesionals in charge and that was compounded by the mighty mitro cockup!

come on, Khan's abscence is a mega part of our problem. any business needs leadership, we have none.
Fair comments thank you
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

MAF was no more hands on than Khan.
He hardly ever went to the training ground unless it was media led.
Board meetings hardly ever held, management meeting yes, but they were involving the people he put in place.
Yes he made the big sacking decisions and stopped investing,  but don't live on some dreamworld that he was hands on everyday of the week.

Domino 1879

I'd like to know exactly how many games home or away Khan has attended this season.  If I had invested such a large sum and the club appears to be in dire straits I would want to see for myself what is going on.  I'm afraid his apparent absence simply gives credence to the view that he is not that bothered about the club and that he perhaps has ulterior motives.

The big mistake he made was getting rid of all the Board except Ali Mac (who imo is culpable for much of the non sensensical decisions) and then installing the Jags manager who has no understanding of 'soccer' at all.  Lack of leadership cascades all the way down to the pitch.  CLUELESS.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2015, 08:35:18 AM
Board meetings hardly ever held, management meeting yes, but they were involving the people he put in place.
Yes he made the big sacking decisions and stopped investing,  but don't live on some dreamworld that he was hands on everyday of the week.

You have said similar things before and I am sure you are right statistically but because of various factors such as the length of time he was with us, his investment over the years, his high profile and (mainly successful) manager appointments, his high profile, the publicity he generated about the club and his personality and our upward progression under his Chairmanship the perception was generated that MAF was hands on and that his was a major contribution to our success.

In contrast, Khan has made it known that he has delegated responsibility for the day-to-day running of the club making it seem like a cold blooded business investment and the club has declined dramatically under his ownership which makes fans who think and talk about their football, some of it on messageboards like this, yearn for some dramatic interventions with strong words or firm actions.

It's about perceptions.

cmg

I sometimes think I must be the only lunatic, lurching around in a sea of sanity.

I fail to see what effect the absence or presence of an owner might have on the performance of a football team.
I have worked for 18 different organizations during my working life. The only time I ever saw the Owner (or Chairman) of the organization I worked for was during the few years I was at a small firm owned by a mate of mine. I saw him most days, got drunk with him on a fairly regular basis (still do). It was good fun, didn't make me work one iota harder and was the only firm that actually went bust while employing me.

The idea that a bloke with zero football experience but an expert in making money could be of the slightest use on a training ground baffles me (unless advising on car bumper replacement).

Chairpersons with a more hands-on approach can be disasterous and end up changing the club colours, moving to Midlands New Towns, or buying George Weah's nephew.

The other thing that the 'sanies' have still to explain to me is how exactly one gets rid of an owner outside of bumping him off or providing him with a very large quantity of money indeed.

As far as 'perceptions' are concerned, well, as  the railways have continued to exhort us - "Mind the Gap" - the one between perception and reality.

nose

Yes he made the big sacking decisions and stopped investing,  but don't live on some dreamworld that he was hands on everyday of the week.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

leadership isn't hands on every day of the week, nobody said it was. But read Roy's comments on how MAF was part of the team and came and spoke with the players on match day. Not every time but when he had too. Anyway MAF was a one off but was visible and his prescence was felt.

What we have at the moment is a total lack of leadership. Never being here is a disaster and any senior manager/owner has to know that if you have troubles you physically go and take control until the problem is fixed. That is not happening at all, it is a very bad state of affairs.

MJG

[/quote]

You have said similar things before and I am sure you are right statistically but because of various factors such as the length of time he was with us, his investment over the years, his high profile and (mainly successful) manager appointments, his high profile, the publicity he generated about the club and his personality and our upward progression under his Chairmanship the perception was generated that MAF was hands on and that his was a major contribution to our success.

In contrast, Khan has made it known that he has delegated responsibility for the day-to-day running of the club making it seem like a cold blooded business investment and the club has declined dramatically under his ownership which makes fans who think and talk about their football, some of it on messageboards like this, yearn for some dramatic interventions with strong words or firm actions.

It's about perceptions.
[/quote]Of course its all about perceptions, but he has also spoken about weekly meetings (which I bet usually happen and then more if required) which people take as 'THATS ALL HE DOES ONCE A WEEK'

Now in this day of modern technology do you not think he watches the games either live online or a recording?
Hes a business man who has delegated jobs to people who know a lot more about what they are meant to be doing than he does.

But ok, he does not walk on the pitch waving a scarf so we dont really know how many times hes here unless people in the Riverside mention it.

But dont for a minute think that he wants a £200M purchase to go tits up. Hes made mistakes, coupled with bad luck and bad advice. Not sure if feeling sorry for him are the right words, but I'm 100% sure he wishes things had not gone the way they have.

I do think Rigg is the start of the rebuilding process and someone who has a chance to build something. We are at a low point and as long as we stay up its another chance to start again. But they cant feck it up this time.

MJG

[/quote]
Quote from: nose on March 20, 2015, 10:50:34 AM
Yes he made the big sacking decisions and stopped investing,  but don't live on some dreamworld that he was hands on everyday of the week.

leadership isn't hands on every day of the week, nobody said it was. But read Roy's comments on how MAF was part of the team and came and spoke with the players on match day. Not every time but when he had too. Anyway MAF was a one off but was visible and his prescence was felt.

What we have at the moment is a total lack of leadership. Never being here is a disaster and any senior manager/owner has to know that if you have troubles you physically go and take control until the problem is fixed. That is not happening at all, it is a very bad state of affairs.

I have just posted the point I'm making. I dont buy the owner has to be around 24/7. Hes delegated and thats how vast majority of businessmen run their companies.
So he goes into the dressing room, shakes a few hands, tells them to go out and win. Do you think players really give a poo about that?

Baszab

There is a fair amount of support from Khan to KS - and he does pop over to London occasionally - normally on the mega-yacht

nose

Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2015, 10:58:57 AM

I have just posted the point I'm making. I dont buy the owner has to be around 24/7. Hes delegated and thats how vast majority of businessmen run their companies.
So he goes into the dressing room, shakes a few hands, tells them to go out and win. Do you think players really give a poo about that?
[/quote]

I think you may be totally missing the point of what i have said, I suspect you do not run a business and do not understand the dynamic of how things actually need to work. I am talking about genuine leadership in times of trouble.  your are obsesing about a few semantic details.

nose

Quote from: Baszab on March 20, 2015, 11:04:43 AM
There is a fair amount of support from Khan to KS - and he does pop over to London occasionally - normally on the mega-yacht

you know I love you dearly, but do behave!

Khan may talk regularly with kit... i am sure he does, he may even pop over occasionally, but his prescence and influence is not felt. what is absolutely clear is lack of business leadership... he talks well but we get no action.... he needs to be far more visibly hands on and leading from the front.... it is vital that he does that....   he must surely know he needs to totally revamp his ineffective board, he should have insisted we brought in new talent in the winter transfer window, insisted!

and if it was really impossible to get players we should have been seen to be trying, our squad is second rate it needs fixing. Khan is our leader and been here long enough, time for action is long past.....

as it stands we will be in league one and i suspect get a bunch of platitudes about self sufficiency, not with crowds of under 10,000 in central london, and that is where we are heading.

I feel sure we will revisit this conversation again

Baszab

As I understand it, you are never going to get any public display of leadership from Khan - he hasn't even made any serious longterm plans/reasons for investment etc etc since day one

MJG

Quote from: nose on March 20, 2015, 11:11:06 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 20, 2015, 10:58:57 AM

I think you may be totally missing the point of what i have said, I suspect you do not run a business and do not understand the dynamic of how things actually need to work. I am talking about genuine leadership in times of trouble.  your are obsesing about a few semantic details.
[/quote]I know you want him storming through the gates of MP and standing there hand on hips shouting "Right WTF has been going on....I'm here to sort it out"