watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham could face investigation

Started by Lighthouse, March 19, 2015, 09:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham could face a Football Association investigation after three players angrily confronted referee Chris Kavanagh during the defeat to Leeds United.
Less than 24 hours after FA chairman Greg Dyke admitted his concern at the "scary" increase in players surrounding officials, Fulham could face punishment for failing to control their players.

Kavanagh was mobbed by Fulham players following his decision to send off Stafylidis
Luke McCormack, Scott Parker and goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli all confronted Kavanagh shortly after defender Kostas Stafylidis was dismissed in Wednesday night's 3-0 defeat.
McCormack, the £11.5 million Fulham forward, ran up to the Lancashire official was seen jabbing his finger as he disputed the decision.

Kit Symons, the Fulham manager, criticised Stafylidis's actions
The FA are waiting to review Kavanagh's match report before deciding to take action but a charge seems likely.
Stafylidis was sent off after two bookings in 30 seconds and manager Kit Symons revealed the Greek defender will face action.
He said: "It was a silly, stupid petulant thing to do. There are discipline procedures in place at the club for sendings off."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jem

Good. Don't want Fulham to be like Manchester United or Chelsea.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Rhys Lightning 63

quote author=Lighthouse link=topic=46625.msg652063#msg652063 date=1426800455]
Fulham could face a Football Association investigation after three players angrily confronted referee Chris Kavanagh during the defeat to Leeds United.
Less than 24 hours after FA chairman Greg Dyke admitted his concern at the "scary" increase in players surrounding officials, Fulham could face punishment for failing to control their players.

Kavanagh was mobbed by Fulham players following his decision to send off Stafylidis
Luke McCormack, Scott Parker and goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli all confronted Kavanagh shortly after defender Kostas Stafylidis was dismissed in Wednesday night's 3-0 defeat.
McCormack, the £11.5 million Fulham forward, ran up to the Lancashire official was seen jabbing his finger as he disputed the decision.

Kit Symons, the Fulham manager, criticised Stafylidis's actions
The FA are waiting to review Kavanagh's match report before deciding to take action but a charge seems likely.
Stafylidis was sent off after two bookings in 30 seconds and manager Kit Symons revealed the Greek defender will face action.
He said: "It was a silly, stupid petulant thing to do. There are discipline procedures in place at the club for sendings off."
[/quote]

That right there makes me dismiss the credibility of the article
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

aaronmcguigan

Luke Mccormack?  Didn't he kill two children?  while drink driving? 

Lighthouse

The typo proves sod all. It is bit from The Telegraph and I think worth considering.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Do you think they will deduct points?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

J.Perkins

Parker has the right, as captain, hence it was only 2 other players. Hardly Chelsea or Utd.

RaySmith

If they punish Fulham after what the likes of Chelsea, MU and Arsenal get away with -it will be a travesty.

Bill2

As it is not one of the big clubs they will make an example of us with a points deduction and 3match bans for all the players who approached the ref, including Parker.

Logicalman

Here's the story link (Don't shoot the messenger if the paper makes a typo) ... Fulham facing FA investigation after shameful behaviour towards referee during defeat to Leeds United

Go to say, the ref doesn't exactly look worried ..
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

BalDrick

Like others have said, ridiculous if we do get punished. But it is bloody annoying when it happens. Yellows all round I reckon, that'd stop them.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

alexbishop

i wasn't impressed with our behaviour to be honest and would not complain if we were punished for it. Yes other clubs are more guilty of this kind of behaviour but does not excuse us. We are above that and goes against the values of the club.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

snarks

It will be failing to control the players and a fine. Hull have just been charged with it following a "ref surrounding" incident against Leicester

Logicalman

Quote from: snarks on March 20, 2015, 12:13:52 PM
It will be failing to control the players and a fine. Hull have just been charged with it following a "ref surrounding" incident against Leicester

.. and rightly so, and the same for us. It shows that we are somewhat lacking that discipline we need.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jamie88

Am I missing something, what is the difference between what parker and McCormack did, to what virtually every footballing side around the world do week in week out when a decision doesn't go their way?

I'm not saying it's right, far from it, but it's not like they swung for him!

glenhodgso

Quote from: Logicalman on March 20, 2015, 10:35:45 AM
Here's the story link (Don't shoot the messenger if the paper makes a typo) ... Fulham facing FA investigation after shameful behaviour towards referee during defeat to Leeds United

Go to say, the ref doesn't exactly look worried ..

That's because he was momentarily blinded for 90 minutes and therefore could not see them ....

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Interesting to see that Luke's price has risen to 11.5 million  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

VicHalomsLovechild

Could we ask the FA to investigate our playing tactics as well, which are surely criminal !

Logicalman

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on March 20, 2015, 03:32:46 PM
Could we ask the FA to investigate our playing tactics as well, which are surely criminal !

064.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on March 20, 2015, 03:32:46 PM

Criminal and suicidal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.