watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quotes from our manager

Started by The Swan, March 20, 2015, 07:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

His quote on our defeat against Leeds: We will look at the goals and how they were conceded, but you have got to look at the chances we created and the way we played. End of quote.
We have conceded 68 goals this season in the league. Did he not look at them and get his defenders to mark the players who were likely to score. Did he not look at the chances we have created in the other games, we have only scored 48 goals in the league in 38 games which gives us a - 20.
Kit what are  you doing about our awful defending and awful attacking ?
The Swan

fulhamfootiechick

Quote from: The Swan on March 20, 2015, 07:37:28 PM
His quote on our defeat against Leeds: We will look at the goals and how they were conceded, but you have got to look at the chances we created and the way we played. End of quote.
We have conceded 68 goals this season in the league. Did he not look at them and get his defenders to mark the players who were likely to score. Did he not look at the chances we have created in the other games, we have only scored 48 goals in the league in 38 games which gives us a - 20.
Get over it .after eight games and one point under the mad man Magath  every one would have took where we are now .we are very poor right now and can't see us saving ourselves, I'm hoping Rotherham do worse than us , as I think Wigan are going to stay up . But don't blame Kit , he got the new manager bounce that might just see us  safe and at one point we thought we might go for the play offs . Poor team lacking in morale .if we stay up lovely

Woolly Mammoth

A Kit team talk did you say....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamfootiechick on March 20, 2015, 07:43:47 PM
Quote from: The Swan on March 20, 2015, 07:37:28 PM
Get over it .after eight games and one point under the mad man Magath  every one would have took where we are now .we are very poor right now and can't see us saving ourselves, I'm hoping Rotherham do worse than us , as I think Wigan are going to stay up . But don't blame Kit , he got the new manager bounce that might just see us  safe and at one point we thought we might go for the play offs . Poor team lacking in morale .if we stay up lovely

I think the point to take from this is that those points that got Kit his job were really less down to his managerial prowess and more to "Thank God that crazy German is gone." Kit has proven over time to be no better than Magath for this club/team. Now, whether that's down to two terrible managers or one horribly constructed squad is anyone's guess. Me, I believe that it's mostly down to the horribly constructed club but, I'll still give due credit to Felix and Kit.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

RaySmith

Can't we say these days -'we were really unlucky - all those chances, and they scored with a couple of breakaways' as we would have done in the past.

I don't see how our strikers failing to score from all those chances created, and our defenders making basic errors is all down to Kit.

I'm not saying  there aren't problems with his lack of experience - and maybe a new man will be the answer - and Kit will likely get sacked in the summer whatever happens - we all know this is a results driven business.

But I think there were certainly a lot of positives about Wednesday - a match which we should have won.

Yes, I know fans' frustration is because of our recent record, and don't blame people for attacking the manager, and the situation we are in, but if we keep playing like we did on Wednesday - and  cut out the stupid defensive errors, we will survive.

I don't think  sacking Kit is the answer at this moment- and Curbs is already advising anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong -I don't have a crystal ball - but sacking the manager(s) in panic didn't help last season did it?

jarv

I agree, sacking Kit is not the answer right now....BUT...based on results, his press conference demeanor, goals against and comments on here....I think he is not up to the job, he seems too nice and has absolutely no experience. Maybe Kit will one day be a great manager, after all Fulham sacked Bobby Robson after his first season and the rest became history. 049:gif

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2015, 08:16:46 PM
A Kit team talk did you say....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yes but it is still work in progresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Fulham1959

Me, I'm philosophical about the Club's current plight  -  what will be, will be.  There's almost no point in getting worked up about it anymore.  Let's just hope things pick up enough in the final 8 games.

"This too will pass".  No doubt someone could make funnies about the final word in that sentence !

davew

Finally we have been sentenced!

hovewhite

Well I'm goin back to there boat and switch off all football full stop!

westcliff white

Quote from: RaySmith on March 20, 2015, 08:30:59 PM
Can't we say these days -'we were really unlucky - all those chances, and they scored with a couple of breakaways' as we would have done in the past.

I don't see how our strikers failing to score from all those chances created, and our defenders making basic errors is all down to Kit.

I'm not saying  there aren't problems with his lack of experience - and maybe a new man will be the answer - and Kit will likely get sacked in the summer whatever happens - we all know this is a results driven business.

But I think there were certainly a lot of positives about Wednesday - a match which we should have won.

Yes, I know fans' frustration is because of our recent record, and don't blame people for attacking the manager, and the situation we are in, but if we keep playing like we did on Wednesday - and  cut out the stupid defensive errors, we will survive.

I don't think  sacking Kit is the answer at this moment- and Curbs is already advising anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong -I don't have a crystal ball - but sacking the manager(s) in panic didn't help last season did it?

There were positives, but if wasn't a game we should have won, we missed chances, that's not unlucky that's just poor, 25+ shots and no goal, you make your own luck.

Getting rid of kit now is not the answer, we need to get a break, score early and push in in the game rather than sit back.

Every day is a Fulham day

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: RaySmith on March 20, 2015, 08:30:59 PM

If Wednesday was an exception then most on here would see the positives before anything else but it's the regularity of it and the same answers after the games.
Roy would put the team through regular repetitive drills. The players would mention it in interviews and not because they enjoyed it. We became so used to it most on here could close their eyes and tell you where everybody would be but now we are all over the place. I don't believe the squad or the manager is as bad as the results but something needs to happen fast.