more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just supposing...

Started by OldBrownShoe, July 16, 2010, 10:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldBrownShoe

An alternative, just for fun...

Just supposing that, for whatever reasons, none of the oft mentioned/considered candidates would take the managerial post and it was down to a choice between, say, Sean O'Driscoll, Gareth Southgate, Zola or one of the many World Cup managers who fell on their sword who would you go for? :033:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

White Noise

Noisy is a tempting option but I think I would go for Stuart Baxter. I think it would be intriguing to see what he could do. He is that close to Roy as well that we may we get Roy by proxy for the first season and I'd love another season of the old turncoat at the helm!!

Lighthouse

Sean O Driscoll has many years in management and knows what it is to organise and build teams instead of just buying players in. He hasn't managed at this level but if we were going for a non big name then I would go for him. I know I am repeating myself but we all are while we wait for something to happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

Yes, please let something happen. Looking at the various options, Jol, Erricson, Bradley etc, I still feel that the choice will be, as it has in the past, be someone who is not on anyones radar, just like RH and Tigana.

os5889

I feel we need a coach who's own coaching and playing achievements are not put to shame by the current bunch of lads, you really think Zamora, Duff, Dempsey or Murphy will take being dropped by someone who while we spent last year marching through Europe spent last season loitering in Doncaster... We now have a bunch of lads who are somebodies, they need someone they can learn from and will respect for their results and achievements and not question their actions.

We dont want to end up in the shats so play it sensible and get a guy with experience, who wont lose the dressing room and the players will respect!

No offence to baxter and O driscoll but they didnt really achieve anything compared to this bunch of lads!

TonyGilroy

We act like we know these guys but we don't.

We know their CVs and have some impression of them from seeing them on TV but that's it. We haven't interviewed them at all let alone in depth and have no idea how they actually perform day to day as managers.

What would the chemistry be like with MAF, Mackintosh, senior players and backroom staff?

How would each of them address the job. What would their vision be for the future of the club in the short, medium and long term.

In short we know f**kall yet have strong opinions as to who should or shouldn't get the job.

We are actually behaving very oddly.

Peabody

Thats true, we are all behaving oddly on this and I hate to say it but that is thanks to Roy, who, lets face it, has left us in the lurch. So, because a so called 'big club' comes in for him, he just ups and leaves us completely up the creek without a paddle. Great, so Liverpool are now happy but where does that leave us?Yes, I agree Tony, we are all behaving quite oddly but we do need a decision and pretty soon.

TonyGilroy

Damn right it's Hodgson's fault and whilst he's entitled to his ambitions he's done us no favours and can rot in hell now as far as I'm concerned.

What is vital though is not that we have a quick appointment but that the right decision is made and if that needs careful consideration over a longer than desireable period then sobeit.

I have no doubt that the club are acting with the utmost urgency and they're right to be going about things secretly.

But, Christ, I wish they'd tell me what they're up to.

os5889

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 16, 2010, 01:38:16 PM

Damn right it's Hodgson's fault and whilst he's entitled to his ambitions he's done us no favours and can rot in hell now as far as I'm concerned.

What is vital though is not that we have a quick appointment but that the right decision is made and if that needs careful consideration over a longer than desireable period then sobeit.

I have no doubt that the club are acting with the utmost urgency and they're right to be going about things secretly.

But, Christ, I wish they'd tell me what they're up to.

Me too, lets get the press office to give us all daily phone calls keeping us up to date! That would be ace!  :clap_hands:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

going off who is mentioned in this thread,I'd go for Zola,the players will respect him as they remember him playing,also Clarke as his number 2 so your getting a unit rather than just a name :dft012:

Topcat

If we are including those that fell upon their swords, then surely you would have to look at Marcello Lippi.

He didn't have a great world cup, but boy the man has pedigree.

os5889

Quote from: Topcat on July 16, 2010, 02:53:57 PM
If we are including those that fell upon their swords, then surely you would have to look at Marcello Lippi.

He didn't have a great world cup, but boy the man has pedigree.

I dont think he's adaptable, he inherited a great Juventus team in 2006, and in 2010 picked the same players, when Murphy gets on his Zimmer Lippi will still be dwelling on the performances of the past, a good suggestion and welcome Mr Topcat, but for me I'd rather Messers Jol or Eriksson