more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit/Magath

Started by blingo, March 23, 2015, 11:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2015, 03:14:48 PM
So is Kit a better manager than Felix? Felix's record says no. His attitude says possibly.

First rule of football? If the opposition don't score, we can't lose. Why can't Kit fix that problem?

Because the players he inherited are not good enough?

I'm sure Symons brief this season was keep us up with what we have and we will rebuild in the summer.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

blingo

I cant accept that Mr T. If we are good enough to have gone on a 5 win from 8 spree then it is not the players but the manager that is at fault. That and MAF selling us short and selling us out.

BalDrick

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2015, 03:14:48 PM
So is Kit a better manager than Felix? Felix's record says no. His attitude says possibly.

Yes he is (albeit not saying a lot). You can be a tactical genius but if you have the people skills of Adolf Hitler, you're not going to be able to impart them.

Symons might in fact be the best manager Khan has appointed at Fulham, but that's really not saying a lot
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

blingo

Nice guy and bleeds black and white, but not a championship manager in my eyes.

BalDrick

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2015, 03:47:25 PM
Nice guy and bleeds black and white, but not a championship manager in my eyes.
Agreed. Neither of the attributes you list are of value. Shame and all that, but there you go.

Was always going to be the risk, from the minute he put himself in the frame, that he'd never go back to the sterling job he did with the kids. Long-term, Fulham's loss

HV71

This is one of the most negative threads I have ever read. This is down to the fact that it seems to be an argument about 2 mistakes - the appointment of Magath and then Kit. Its like which would you prefer Sir - hung drawn and quatered ? Or just hung ? Kit is much better than Felix - but hardly a raving success is he ? ( though some well meaning souls will still try and convince us that he is one of our own and 'the second coming' our saviour)

We have won a game - I really dont think we will go down. Summer will come we will see if the owner wants to continue to invest and whether we have a manager who wants to spend his money.

Bickering about two stubborn failures isnt very useful

Burt

Two different things here.

Were the club right to fire Felix? Almost certainly. As disastrous a start to a season as you could ever fear, with no obvious plan to get us out of the mess, no immediate upturn in fortune evident, etc. So regardless of who followed, the decision to jettison Felix was the right decision.

Is Kit better than Felix? Well on paper of course not. Felix has won club honours in Germany and has a pretty impressive track record whereas Kit is just starting out. In reality he was what was needed at the time simply because he wasn't Felix, and we are in a better position (just!) than we were under Felix. Is he the right man going forwards? He is not exactly helping the cause but some little part of me hopes that with a bit more time, investment and guidance he will start to make the grade and end up having a successful managerial career.

hovewhite

change is needed but not just management of the team for me change starts with khan getting some good neutral advice and not his gang of selectors by the way,time for RIGG to earn his corn and put a plan into place.

FELIX OR KIT I DONT REALLY CARE AS AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME WE ARE A BASKET CASE OF A CLUB.

HV71

Quote from: hovewhite on March 23, 2015, 05:39:48 PM
change is needed but not just management of the team for me change starts with khan getting some good neutral advice and not his gang of selectors by the way,time for RIGG to earn his corn and put a plan into place.

FELIX OR KIT I DONT REALLY CARE AS AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME WE ARE A BASKET CASE OF A CLUB.

I agree - I think khan should ask Riggs to do a root and branch review of the club. He has no history - should tell it as he sees it. Wonderful opportunity

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on March 23, 2015, 04:54:53 PM
This is one of the most negative threads I have ever read. This is down to the fact that it seems to be an argument about 2 mistakes - the appointment of Magath and then Kit. Its like which would you prefer Sir - hung drawn and quatered ? Or just hung ? Kit is much better than Felix - but hardly a raving success is he ? ( though some well meaning souls will still try and convince us that he is one of our own and 'the second coming' our saviour)

We have won a game - I really dont think we will go down. Summer will come we will see if the owner wants to continue to invest and whether we have a manager who wants to spend his money.

Bickering about two stubborn failures isnt very useful

I don't really think much of your opinion so if you don't like what I have written, bypass it or put me on ignore and you won't have to read what I write.

Lighthouse

Felix created a squad and failed with it miserably. Symons came in and turned the disaster around fot a while. But now the squad that Felix built is showing its true worth and Symons couldn't or didn't improve on it.

So the big question is, is Symons good enough to build a squad. Or do we need a new manager. Symons has yet to actually bring in anyone bar the odd loan. So whoever comes in will need to bring in players in ALL areas of the team and not just one big headline making signing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BalDrick

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 23, 2015, 05:54:57 PM
Felix created a squad and failed with it miserably. Symons came in and turned the disaster around fot a while. But now the squad that Felix built is showing its true worth and Symons couldn't or didn't improve on it.

So the big question is, is Symons good enough to build a squad. Or do we need a new manager. Symons has yet to actually bring in anyone bar the odd loan. So whoever comes in will need to bring in players in ALL areas of the team and not just one big headline making signing.
And he'll have to be backed to do so. End of the day, buck stops with Khan.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on March 23, 2015, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 23, 2015, 12:02:00 PM
Felix created this mish mash of a squad, Kit is having to work with it.  Although it's not great we at least turn up for games with the hope/possibility of getting three points - with Felix that was not the case.

Kit has had more than enough opportunities to change this "mish mash" of a squad so it is his squad and not Magaths.
Spending money in January has never worked as you end up paying way over the odds for average players, so no, Kit hasn't had ample opportunity to change the squad. We have got loan players in where possible but the club can only really rebuild in the summer and with Rigg on board, hopefully that will give us an advantage.

To answer the OP, yes we would have been worse and never have won a game under Magath he was so bizarre. Given the utter mess we were in and the fact we have got 42 points in 32 games under Kit, I think we need a period of stability and get some players in over the summer. The poor run coincided with Hoogland, Amo and LVC being injured and out for 3 months and Ruiz being loaned out and then not and the squad wasn't good enough to cope with that.

We have some good youngsters that Kit knows -  a new manager from outside could easily bring in his own players and we lose the Woodrows and LVCs but with some sensible acquisitions in the summer, I think we could have a promotion squad. If another manager comes in, we may as well start again as they will want to bring 9 or 10 of their own in and we go back 12 months.

Kit has got the team motivated and the last 6 haven't been too bad so hopefully we will be safe and can sort things out in the summer!

So that's the difference in my view.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fernhurst

I would be fascinated to read this board if we were to win the next three on the trot ...

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Black, White and Fred

I think Kit has done well on the whole given what he walked into. We all knew he didn't have a mass of experience but I believe his knowledge of our young crop of players compensated for that.  Mostly a C+/B- sort of grade. If we remain up then I would be happy for the trio of Curbs, Kit and Rigg to do the business in the Summer.

Well unless you can find an Ex international player from continental Europe, who will bring in a mass of relatively unknown players from the lower end of his country of origins domestic leagues, which will result in beautiful free flowing football. But as if that could ever happen? Again...  :005:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

blingo

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 24, 2015, 04:33:57 AM
I would be fascinated to read this board if we were to win the next three on the trot ...

[/quote

Or lose the next three Mr F lol.
This is hardly inspiring.
http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-0-2-fulham---8901572?

Max Headroom

I'm not convinced on kit, but he walked into a roadcrash. After one point in eight games I would have taken where we are right now and day of the week.

A few ifs....

If LVC hadn't been crocked
if we hadn't had so many players sent off

Realistically we haven't been at the races this year, but as long as we stay up, next year will have our youngsters one year older.

snarks

Agree the article doesn't look good from a Fulham perspective, but then neither wouold the Leeds stats from their 3-0 win the other night. As I said at the time the only other team that were that poor and came away with points this season were Milwall.

I think Kit has done a good job with those he has had available. I don't think he's a clueless as some people are saying. He knows he needs help and wanted Curbs back earlier in the season and they couldn't come to a deal. He is also not been a supporter of a diamond formation as a manager, his under 21 was a 442, he just doesn't have the players, with the current squad to play that way. A diamond is the best use of Bryan and woith paying his wages it's better to play him that ostracise him.

Yes I do think he has made mistakes with the players and tactics this season,  but at the time he loaned out Smith, he was unfit and overweight (Cotterill confirmed it) so he clearly wasn't putting the effort in during training. The back 4 has been a disaster for 2 seasons, but the fact that there are 3 loanees in the back 4 (2 of which he bought in) means he is trying to address the issue and see if he can get players that will fit, on a try before you buy way.

This season has been much better than the first 7 games, I never thought the team were going to win a game under Felix. Following Kit's appointment when I go I now always thing Fulham can win, and am usually bitterly dissapointed when they dont. I'm not denying there have been some complete disasters at home (Watford and Bournemouth), but I still think at the very least he deserves the chance to mould his team and squad following a window where he can bring in the right players.

nose

if felix was still at the club we would be as good as down by now. isuspect we would have struggled to make double figures for points!

blingo

Or there is a remote possibility that he could have eventually got it right Mr N lol ;P
We will never know.