watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit/Magath

Started by blingo, March 23, 2015, 11:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Would we have fared any worse had Magath still been in charge?
Would you be calling for Magaths head right now (if he had still been manager) after 2 wins in 14 games?
Why are you not calling for KS's head now if you answered yes to the above. Where is the difference?

Two Ton Ted

We were below Blackpool when Magath was sacked, we'd still be there if he wasn't.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

alfie

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on March 23, 2015, 11:44:25 AM
We were below Blackpool when Magath was sacked, we'd still be there if he wasn't.
That is a statement of fact, but it cannot be fact because it has not happened, also we could now be doing much better, it is something that we will never ever know and that is a fact.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Enclosurite

Felix created this mish mash of a squad, Kit is having to work with it.  Although it's not great we at least turn up for games with the hope/possibility of getting three points - with Felix that was not the case.
¡COYW!

ffc73

Magath had to go to stand any chance of us saving ourselves.

We are nearly at the end of the season and, IMO, we will limp over the line to secure another season in the Championship.  = immediate post Magath objective achieved due to results during the middle part of the season

Now is not the time to sack Kit.  It maybe immediately after the Norwich game

snarks

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2015, 11:42:35 AM
Would you be calling for Magaths head right now (if he had still been manager) after 2 wins in 14 games?
Why are you not calling for KS's head now if you answered yes to the above. Where is the difference?

Probably
He would already have gone
Because I don't believe changing the manager 5 times is 2 seasons is right. However a better question would be "with 42 points in 32 games with a squad that was decimated by the previous incumbant, why are you so determined that the new man is at fault?"

J

Would we have fared any worse had Magath still been in charge? - Yes
Would you be calling for Magaths head right now (if he had still been manager) after 2 wins in 14 games? - Yes plus Khan's head for letting him stay in charge
Why are you not calling for KS's head now if you answered yes to the above. Where is the difference:

For starters under Kit the players have some team spirit. Results recently have been bad but at least they seem to care rather than just hating life under Felix. We would probably be bottom if we had stuck with Magath (though there's no way this would have happened with bad results continuing).

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 23, 2015, 12:02:00 PM
Felix created this mish mash of a squad, Kit is having to work with it.  Although it's not great we at least turn up for games with the hope/possibility of getting three points - with Felix that was not the case.

Kit has had more than enough opportunities to change this "mish mash" of a squad so it is his squad and not Magaths.

Wearethewhites

Both were poor appointments in my eyes. Magath, despite all his previous achievements in Germany, should have never have been allowed to dismantle that squad in the way that he did. On top of this, he tried to re-write / re-design the Championship, which was his biggest downfall. Again, you have to look at the running of the Club, and who basically let him get away with murder, because thats what it was.

Kit is another conundrum. He deserved his chance, but again, who looked at our situation and said "I tell you what, lets put and inexperienced Manager in charge of a very inexperienced squad" We were always going to get a bounce in results due to new manager syndrome, but who thought of the aftermath, the slide, giving Kit full support both financially and mentally?

Either way, I'm still convinced that an experienced Championship manager would have got 30% extra out of that current squad. To let an under 21's Manager with zero experience take care of Magath's car crash was utter, utter madness.

I like Kit, he's a good Fulham man, but isn't the guy to take this Club forward. I hope we re-appoint in the summer and get it bloody right this time around.       

f321ffc

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2015, 11:42:35 AM
Why are you not calling for KS's head now if you answered yes to the above.
Where is the difference?
From what I have seen and I have only looked in on the odd day ( as I have spent the last 4 weeks touring Australia) there are plenty calling for Kits head, and at the end even you admitted that Felix had to go.
I can't see the point in sacking Kit now but he will have to be gone at the end of the season, in my view he should never have been given the job in the first place, another cheap option from Khan.
I will be back for the Wigan game , hopefully we will have 3 points from the game on Good Friday and onwards and upwards with 6 points at least from  Wigan Blackpool and Rotherham.
COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Lighthouse

The mistake was not bringing in any new players in January for whatever reason. Under Kit we were progressing after Magath nearly destroyed us completely. Magath seemed to have the complete running of things including transfers something Symons appears not to.

So Symons may well need to be replaced but whatever happens, (sorry to repeat myself). We need a pretty drastic overhaul in the squad if we are serious about battling up the other end. Symons did make something out of a poor lot. I know many other fans believe this is a wonderful promotion chasing squad only ruined by the managers we have had this season.

A new manager would still have to bring in players. Something Symons has been unable or failed to do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

Felix created this mish mash of a squad, Kit is having to work with it.  Although it's not great we at least turn up for games with the hope/possibility of getting three points - with Felix that was not the case.

Really? With 2 wins in 14 games? You really believe that?

J

better than 11 games without a win...

J.Perkins

Kit is not as bad as Magath, however, this squad is capable of more. Symons is far from getting the best out of it, and 2 wins in 14 is shocking.

rweller86

I want to see a new manager come in to take us forward but I feel we need only a few more points to see us safe this season. End of season change, no point for the final 7 games.
@rweller

blingo

Staying up is a very big point imho

The Enclosurite

Quote from: blingo on March 23, 2015, 12:49:17 PM

Really? With 2 wins in 14 games? You really believe that?

Yes.  With Felix we had lost the games before we even stepped onto the pitch.

For the record, I do think we need to consider our options in the summer but kit should remain until at least the end of the season - unless of course next season's saviour of a manager is willing to take over right now.
¡COYW!

BalDrick

Magath created an extremely unhappy squad and had to go - in fact should have gone sooner (like the end of last season really). Kit made everybody happy again..sad to say, ultimately he's not done a lot more than that. But I guess, provided we stay up, then he's done the job asked of him (though I do recall some talk from Khan of play-offs, but gave up believing anything ghost-written for him ages ago).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on March 23, 2015, 11:44:25 AM

Ah but we will never know that will we..
Felix might have won his next 10 games, most unlikely but not
impossible. ..We will never know..

blingo

So is Kit a better manager than Felix? Felix's record says no. His attitude says possibly.

First rule of football? If the opposition don't score, we can't lose. Why can't Kit fix that problem?