more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (26/03/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 25, 2015, 05:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Tried for Blackett

Now we`re not sure where in the grand scheme of things this particular rumour sits.

This morning the suggestion has come to light that Fulham showed an interest in taking the young Manchester United defender Tyler Blackett on loan.

Apparently we were not the only side to do so, with it also being reported that high-flying Watford, as well as Blackburn Rovers, also wanted the youngster on loan for the remainder of the season.

However, Manchester United who recently awarded the 20-year-old a new two year deal, were not playing ball as they want the youngster as back up as they chase down a Champions League place for next season.

But like I said in my opening gambit for this article, I`m not sure where this rumour sits on the time-line.

Were negotiations in place before we sealed a deal for Michael Turner, or were we looking to pull off something of a double loan signing?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=393985#ixzz3VQ9FGmls

WhiteJC

Boro Confirm Loan Signing Of Fulham's Amorebieta

Defender arrives with James Husband moving the other way...
Aitor Karanka has bolstered his defence with the loan signing of Fulham centre-back Fernando Amorebieta, who will stay with Boro for the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, Boro full-back James Husband has switched to Craven Cottage in a similar loan deal until May.

Amorebieta, a 30-year-old Venezuelan international, is well known to Karanka, having developed his career at the Head Coach's first club, Athletic Bilbao.

He became a regular first choice for the Basque club, playing 195 games and enjoying UEFA Cup experience. Fulham signed him in summer 2013 and he played 23 Premier League games for them in their relegation season.

Amorebieta represented the Spain U-19 side that won the UEFA Championship in 2004 before switching his allegiance to Venezuela at senior level. He has 10 caps for the South American country.

He has also played for the Basque Country national team four times.

Husband, 21, joined Boro last summer from Doncaster and has made six appearances this season in all competitions.

Read more at http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/boro-fernando-amorebieta-james-husband-craven-cottage-2357505.aspx#lsslHrwT3563VzHt.99

WhiteJC

Husband Arrives On Loan

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of James Husband on loan from Middlesbrough until the end of the season.

Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta has gone the other way on loan as part of the deal.

21-year-old Husband, a left-back who can also operate further forward, signed for Boro from Doncaster Rovers in the summer, where he made 73 appearances having come through the academy at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Speaking at our Motspur Park Training Ground, Husband said: "I'm delighted to be here. I've met the gaffer and the lads and I'm looking forward to my time here.

"I'm here to finish off the season and help Fulham get as high up the table as we can. You look at the players in the squad and there's Premier League talent in there so I see no reason why we can't go unbeaten until the end of the season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/25/husband-arrives-on-loan?

WhiteJC

Manchester United and Arsenal dealt major blow in race to sign Championship star

Manchester United and Arsenal have been handed a significant blow in their race to sign Fulham winger Patrick Roberts, according to Get West London.

FLW reported last year that Arsenal and United were pursuing a move for the highly-rated midfielder, but a move failed to materialise in the transfer window.

Roberts looks set to sign a new four-year deal at Craven Cottage, subsequently dashing the hopes of signing the 18-year-old for the Premier League duo.

Speaking to Get West London, Fulham boss Kit Symons said:

"I think you've got to be mindful of where young players are physically and mentally.

"Pat's very much still developing. You've got to protect and nurture these players in every way. Great talent and potential is nothing unless you can get it fulfilled, and we need to find a pathway for Pat to do that.

"Pat's got a another year on his current contract after this I believe. But with all players we're looking to bring on, we'll look to tie up with contracts for sure."

Roberts, who can operate as a winger or striker has a contract that runs out in 2016, and he looks set to extend his stay at the Championship club.

The 18-year-old did manage to accumulate a few appearances in the Premier League for Fulham during the latter stages of the 2013/14 season, and was impressive in his cameo appearances.

Fulham currently sit in 20th position in the Sky Bet Championship, having accumulated 43 points from 39 league games.

It has been a disastrous season for Kit Symons' men, so keeping the likes of Patrick Roberts in the summer could prove vital to a much better season in the next campaign.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/manchester-united-and-arsenal-dealt-major-blow-in-race-to-sign-championship-star/?

WhiteJC

James Husband, Fernando Amorebieta complete Fulham, Middlesbrough swap

James Husband has finalised his loan move to Fulham from Middlesbrough, while Fernando Amorebieta has moved to the Riverside Stadium as part of a swap deal.

Husband, who joined Boro from Doncaster Rovers last summer, will represent the Cottagers for the remainder of the Championship season.

The 21-year-old told Fulham's official website: "I'm here to finish off the season and help Fulham get as high up the table as we can. You look at the players in the squad and there's Premier League talent in there so I see no reason why we can't go unbeaten until the end of the season."

Amerobieta joins Aitor Karanka's Boro side as they continue to fight for Premier League promotion.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/husband-amorebieta-swap-clubs_213315.html

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough sign Amorebieta as Husband joins Fulham

Middlesbrough have signed Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta on loan until the end of the season.

And Boro left-back James Husband has joined the Whites until the end of the campaign as part of the deal.

Venezuela international Amorebieta, who turns 30 on Sunday, has been restricted to eight appearances this season, most of them at left-back.

Husband, 21, joined Middlesbrough from Doncaster last summer, but has only featured six times.

Amorebieta, who can also play in central defence, joined Fulham from Athletic Bilbao in the summer of 2013 and made 26 appearances last season as the west London club were relegated from the Premier League.

He missed three months of the current campaign through injury, but returned to the first team earlier this month, when he was sent off in the 5-1 defeat by Bournemouth.

Leeds-born Husband came through Doncaster's youth ranks and played a total of 73 games during his time with the club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32050673

WhiteJC

Boro complete Fernando Amorebieta deal with James Husband moving to Fulham

Both players have agreed loan moves until the end of the year :: Amorebieta will provide extra cover in defence

Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta has completed his loan switch to Boro with James Husband going the other way, as exclusively revealed by the Gazette earlier this week.

The Venezuelan international has joined Boro until the end of the current campaign as Aitor Karanka looks to bolster his injury-hit defence.

Amorebieta has only made seven appearances for Fulham this season but has missed the majority of the campaign after picking up a serious injury during the game at the Riverside in October.

The centre-half made almost 200 appearances for Athletic Bilbao before moving to Craven Cottage in 2013.

He couldn't prevent the Cottagers from suffering relegation to the Championship last year and has found himself out of favour under current boss Kit Symons.

As Amorebieta completed his move to Boro, out of favour full-back James Husband agreed a loan switch to Fulham.

Ryan Fredericks clashes with Fernando Amorebieta
Husband signed from Doncaster in the summer but has only made six appearances and found it difficult to dislodge George Friend.

But Aitor Karanka will be keen for Husband to benefit from the opportunity of game-time from now until the end of the season with Fulham.

"I'm delighted to be here," he told the club's website.

"I've met the gaffer and the lads and I'm looking forward to my time here.

"I'm here to finish off the season and help Fulham get as high up the table as we can.

"You look at the players in the squad and there's Premier League talent in there so I see no reason why we can't go unbeaten until the end of the season."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-complete-fernando-amorebieta-deal-8915972?

WhiteJC

Fulham look to have got the better of Middlesbrough swap deal

Amorebieta goes to the Riverside - James Husband moves to the Cottage

Fulham look to have got the better of a swap loan deal that sees Fernando Amorebieta move to Middlesbrough until the end of the season - with defender James Husband coming to the Cottage.

Boss Kit Symons sees Husband as the perfect answer to a troublesome left-back spot that saw both incumbents sent off in the Whites last two home matches - the first being Amorebieta.

The Venezuelan international got his marching orders on his return after injury in the 5-1 home humiliation by Bournemouth.

Last week against Leeds, Kostas Stafylidis also incurred the wrath of his boss by taking the long walk for two yellows inside 15 seconds that accelerated Fulham's 3-0 defeat.

Husband has been frustrated by his lack of opportunities at the Riverside with George Friend proving to be one of Boro boss Aitor Karanka's indispensables.

However, the 21-year-old was well thought of when he signed from Doncaster last summer, only to find his Championship performances amount to just three so far.

He told the club's website: "I'm delighted to be here. I've met the gaffer and the lads and I'm looking forward to my time here.

"I'm here to finish off the season and help Fulham get as high up the table as we can. You look at the players in the squad and there's Premier League talent in there so I see no reason why we can't go unbeaten until the end of the season."

Amorebieta's injury problems ironically started in the 2-0 defat to Boro in October, and although he made a partial recovery from a knee injury to feature in the 2-2 draw with Blackpool a month later, lasted only 44 minutes of that before being substituted by Stafylidis.

Amorebieta came with high hopes on a four-year deal in summer 2013 as then boss Martin Jol planned to beef up the centre of defence.

But the player who will be 30 on the 29th of this month, suffered in form and fitness to mirror Fulham's plunge from the Premier League.

That said, Boro have central defensive concerns themselves with injuries and loss of form, and at least Amorebieta has switched from a relegation battle to a promotion surge.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-look-better-middlesbrough-swap-8916008?

WhiteJC

'He's clearly talented but it just hasn't worked out for him here' - Fulham journalist's view on Fernando Amorebieta

Paul Warburton from GetWestLondon gives us his verdict on Boro's most recent signing

Out of favour defender for out of favour defender.

Both Fernando Amorebieta and James Husband will have welcomed the chance to move to pastures new until the end of the season.

But while Fulham are crying out for a left-back, meaning Husband is likely to double his number of appearances this season in the final weeks of the campaign, will Amorebieta be able to force his way into the Boro back line?

Following the heavy defeat at Bournemouth, Aitor Karanka was clearly keen to bolster his defence, with Daniel Ayala and Jonathan Woodgate both missing the game through injury and Kenneth Omeruo slipping down the pecking order.

So what type of defender have Boro signed and why has he struggled to force his way into a struggling Fulham side this season?

GetWestLondon reporter Paul Warburton has followed the Cottagers throughout the current campaign and gives us the lowdown on the Venezuelan international:

Fulham's man in the know on Fernando Amorebieta

If you look at Amorebetia's pedigree, he played at the top level in Spain and he's had 10 caps for Venezuala, he's clearly talented but it just hasn't worked out for him at Fulham.

He's been a bit unlucky this year. He picked up a serious injury, at Boro ironically enough, and that was the start of his problems.

Kit Symonds inherited Amorebieta and a fair few other players who he clearly didn't fancy.

The manager is trying to prepare a squad for next season already, even though Fulham aren't out of the woods this year yet, and the defender isn't part of his plans.

Amorebieta arrived with high hopes on a four-year deal in the summer of 2013 as then boss Martin Jol planned to beef up the centre of defence.

Fulham had a really successful partnership of Brede Hangeland and Aaron Hughes and Amorebieta was brought in to replace Hughes.

But those were the days of the Premier League and Kit Symons has now been left with a lot of players who he's trying to get off the books.

When Amorebieta made his return from injury against Bournemouth this year, Symons played him at left-back and he had an absolute nightmare, got a red card and I think that probably marked the end for him at Fulham.

That said, his contract here runs until 2017 so Fulham will be hoping he impresses from now until the end of the season at Boro and they're interested in making the move a permanent one.

He signed for free so I don't think Fulham would be looking for a fee.

On the pitch, he likes to get the ball down and play it out of defence. He's not the type to panic.

He can play at left-back as well but he's more at home in the centre of the defence.

The problem is, you don't often get the luxury to be allowed to do that in the Championship.

More often than not, it's just a real battle.

You don't make as many appearances as he did in Spain and have 10 international caps without being a decent player but it just hasn't worked out here.

I think the deal suits all parties.

It's good for the player to join a club in the promotion race and coming the other way, James Husband should be a good addition for Fulham.

Fulham are crying out for an out-and-out left-back and it can only benefit the player to come and play some football before the end of the season.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hes-clearly-talented-just-hasnt-8916480?

WhiteJC

Boro snap up defender

Middlesbrough have snapped up Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta on loan for the rest of the season.

As part of the deal, Boro left-back James Husband moves to Craven Cottage having featured only six times since arriving from Doncaster Rovers last summer.

Meanhile, Venezuela international Amorebieta, who turns 30 this weekend, has been restricted to eight games this term, with most of them in a left-back role.

He can also feature in the middle of defence and made 26 appearances last season as Fulham were relegated from the Premier League.

That followed his arrival from Athletic Bilbao in the summer of 2013.

Read more: http://www.middlesbrough.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=394005#ixzz3VQDPmcdd

WhiteJC

Kav's Home Comforts

Following his call up to the Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad for the European Championship Qualifier against Andorra on Thursday, Sean Kavanagh is aiming to win his full debut in front of a home crowd.

"It's always nice to play for your country and it's at home as well in Ireland, so my family will be over there to come and watch, which I'm happy about," he told fulhamfc.com.

"It's only a couple of hours away from Dublin, so they'll all head down and then after the game I'll be able to go home and spend some time with them at the weekend."

It's the first game of qualifying for the 2017 tournament in Poland, and Ireland have a tough group to negotiate with the likes of Italy and Serbia battling for qualification, but the 21-year-old is still dreaming of making the finals.

"It would be amazing on a personal level but as a team to get to the finals, that's something we've talked about and we'll give it a good go this campaign," he said. "This Serbia group won the Under-19 Championship a couple of years ago, so they're a strong team.

"We'd obviously love to start the campaign with a win and we'd have to fancy our chances against Andorra. We'll have to play well but we fancy our chances."

Although relatively new to the Under-21 setup, Kavanagh will be surrounded by familiar faces in the squad and is looking forward to joining up.

"I've played with a lot of the lads at younger ages, Under-17s and Under-19s," he explained. "We're quite a tight group at the moment. It's nice to be involved with a lot of lads that you've known from a young age."

Having come through the Fulham ranks as a left-back, Kavanagh is unsure what role he will play for Noel King's side, having been deployed primarily as a midfielder this term for the Whites.

"When I went away last time I played in midfield and he was over last week for the Sheffield Wednesday game, so he's seen me play in midfield again," the youngster said. "We'll wait and see in training whether I'm midfield or left-back."

Kavanagh headed off to Ireland on the back of an excellent victory for the Whites at Huddersfield Town at the weekend, and he admits going away is a much more enjoyable experience after a win.

"It was a hard fought win for the lads, but everyone's happier going into the international break because of it," he stated. "Maybe before when we've lost, everyone was thinking we want to go onto the next game straight away, but after a win it's nice to celebrate. Hopefully we'll get another win against Brentford in the next game."

It was a topsy-turvy encounter at the John Smith's Stadium, as Alexander Kačaniklić put the Whites ahead before the hosts missed two penalties and Kit Symons' side were reduced to 10 men, with Seko Fofana then wrapping up the points, and Kavanagh won't forget it in a hurry.

"Even from a younger age I've never been involved in a game like that," he said. "Two penalties, a man sent off, the last minute goal, it was a crazy game.

"Every one of the lads dug in, the whole squad. The manager made some changes and the lads that came on did brilliant and dug deep and got the win."

The Dubliner hopes that the three points is a sign that luck is changing for the Whites as the season enters the final run-in, stating: "Against Leeds we battered them and came away with a 3-0 defeat but on Saturday we got battered and won 2-0, so hopefully our luck is changing."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/25/kavanagh-home-comforts?

WhiteJC

Aitor Karanka: 'Fernando Amorebita is a very good player and very experienced, this is a good challenge for him'

The Boro boss says the defender knows he has a job on his hands to force his way into the starting XI

Fernando Amorebieta knows how difficult it will be to break into the Boro side but Aitor Karanka feels the defender's experience could be invaluable in the final weeks of the season.

The Venezuelan international completed his loan switch to Boro this morning with full-back James Husband moving in the other direction.

Amorebieta suffered a serious knee injury playing against Boro earlier this season and has struggled to force his way back into a struggling Fulham side.

But Karanka knows the centre-half from his time in Spain and believes the 30-year-old will be a useful addition to his squad.

"He's a very good lad," said the head coach.

"I've known him for 12 or 13 years now.

"He played with me in Bilbao, we were team-mates and his career has been brilliant.

"This season has been difficult for him because he got injured at the Riverside for Fulham and after that it took time for him to play again, but as a player he is a very good player.

"The main thing that he is going to bring is his experience.

"He has made 200 appearances in the Primera League and two years ago he was playing in a Europa League final so he is a very experienced player."

Amorebieta has left Fulham, the side with the second worst defensive record in the league, to join Boro, the side with the best.

And Karanka says his new signing knows he has a job on his hands to force his way into the starting XI.

"He knows how difficult it will be for him to play because our players are doing well," he told the club website.

"I explained he needs to be at his best, but he wants to support us because this is a very good challenge.

"Fulham weren't in a good position and now he has the opportunity to get promotion so it's good news."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karanka-fernando-amorebita-very-8919983?

WhiteJC

Sold by Leeds, this striker is now the Championship's most creative player

Ross McCormack has been a regular creator for Fulham this season after being sold by Leeds United.

Ross McCormack may not have hit the back of the net as frequently as he would have been hoping to after leaving Leeds United for Fulham last summer, but he has still shown his class in another way.

McCormack topped the Championship's scoring charts last season, with his total of 28 goals being a major reason why Leeds stayed in the division.

That goalscoring total was what attracted Fulham to part with a sizeable amount of cash to sign the Scotland international frontman, but they may feel they haven't quite got their money's worth so far.

McCormack has only managed 10 league goals to date this campaign and his predatory instincts seem to have deserted him.

Even so, it would be wrong to suggest that he hasn't had an impact at Fulham as it seems that he has adapted his play to suit his new team.

McCormack may not be the potent goalscorer that he once was at Craven Cottage, but he has turned into Fulham's main source of creativity.

The 28-year-old has forged more clear-cut opportunities for his teammates than any other player in the Championship, and that shows just how well rounded a striker he is.

Not only does McCormack offer goals, but he also has the vision and skill needed to be an architect for his side and he should be highly commended for leading the Championship's creativity stats at this stage of the season.

Team   Big Chance Created   Appearances   Mins Played
Ross McCormack   Fulham   19   37   3219
David Cotterill   Birmingham   17   36   3089
Troy Deeney   Watford   16   35   2792
Simon Francis   Bournemouth   14   36   3240
Craig Conway   Blackburn   13   33   2135

At the moment McCormack's closest challengers to be the Championship's top creator are Birmingham City's David Cotterill and Watford's Troy Deeney.

McCormack will be under pressure to keep creating for his team between now and the end of the season as Fulham are not totally safe.

Although Kit Symons' men should avoid the drop, they cannot afford to switch off and McCormack's quality will be very important to them if they are to keep picking up points.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/25/sold-by-leeds-this-striker-is-now-the-championships-most-creativ/?