News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TOOFIF bumper* edition out on Friday (*Yes, 'bumper' = more expensive!)

Started by DLTOOFIF, April 01, 2015, 10:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLTOOFIF

The latest issue - all 128 pages of it - marks the 40-year anniversary of FFC getting to Wembley. Yeah, I know, we lost – but it's more a celebration of the characters around at the time, such as manager Alec Stock, Alan Mullery, Bobby Moore, Jimmy Conway, Les Barrett...the list goes on. Oh and Les Strong gets a mention too! Loads of interviews, loads of features, specially commissioned artwork and a host of pictures from the club's legendary lensman, Ken Coton - and a 'regular' TOOFIF 136 is stuffed into the mix too. As it's a double issue (and has cost me a flipping bomb to produce!) here's an early warning that it'll be a fiver to buy this time around; sorry! That said, it's set to be the biggest and most stylish issue of TOOFIF yet. In fact, I can't wait to read it...

Fernhurst

David - I'm on a yearly subscription, can I pay the extra " on the gate" Friday?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

DLTOOFIF

Just heard from the printers that they won't be delivering to me until Friday morning, which means that the subscribers won't get their copies until after Easter. Sorry, Fernhurst and others. Subs-wise it'll count as a double issue. For what it's worth, I've already received a couple of 'Wows' from football followers linked to the printers. That's not said boastfully, it's more a confirmation (hopefully, at least!) that the bumper issue should be well received.

bog

David I really have to pay tribute to your dedication to the magazine. How many hours of midnight oil burning? Your deeds are much valued.  :Haynes The Maestro: 

092.gif

dorsetwhite

I'm a subscriber too. Will I be able to pick one up from you on Friday, or will I have to wait until after Easter?

HatterDon

I'll be watching my mailbox here in the Peoples Republic of South Texas!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Supermitch

Patrick

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Travers Barney

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 02, 2015, 06:45:34 PM
...to the TOP with Alec Stock..!

Indeed.... love that unique little verse LB....reminded me when a guy sang it quite randomly and passionately on his own whilst at the back of a sparse Thamesbank when we lost 2-4 at home to Birmingham in the late seventies (may have been the ill fated 79/80 relegation campaign)....always wears a hat does the fella and lives in Southfields....anyway sat next to him at Ipswich away this season  and reminded him of that moment all them years previous.....Dennis...proper nice Fulham fan...

Looking forward to the read...will purchase from Sima Bros in Motspur Park as usual.

Bravo David

coyw
We are the whites

DLTOOFIF

Berserker

Don't think mine has artived yet, probably Easter or I may not habe renewed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

DLTOOFIF

Latest TOOFIF - the bumper special - will be on sale tomorrow night outside the ground (main pitch, opposite the Hammersmith End gates). If you're planning to buy more than one copy please bring along your own wheelbarrow. Please contact [email protected] if you want a copy and can't get there for whatever reason. At 128 pages it's the biggest TOOFIF yet. Except for any others that have been bigger. Crammed with interviews with players from the 1975 FA Cup (Final was 40 years ago - hence the special issue) and Ken Coton's brilliant photos it's a must-read. Possibly.

Berserker - mags arrived late so, unusually, the subscribers' copies went out after last Friday's game, and on this occasion got clogged in the Easter backlog of mail. Sorry. Should be with you by now - or certainly by tomorrow.

spikey norman

Received my copy today David and looking forward to reading what looks like a fantastic issue.
Will revive many memories from our great FA Cup run.
Still remember being at Maine Road for semi final replay and when Mitch scored standing up tears streaming down my face unable to speak.
I was surrounded by Man City fans  who were all clapping and giving me the thumbs up
Great night and amongst one of my greatest Fulham memories.

Travers Barney

Smithy and others recollections of Goodison Park in 75 make for interesting reading....

Top stuff.

coyw
We are the whites

Fulham1959

DLTOOFIF

Fulham1959

Quote from: DLTOOFIF on April 10, 2015, 10:42:18 AM
What, with words and stuff in it Fulham1959...?

Yes, pictures too, and all executed using that non-digital medium called 'paper', I think.  Lots of pieces of paper, actually, sort of stuck together on one edge  -  kind of 'user-friendly', with no electricity required.

ffccornwall

And mine...

Quote from: spikey norman on April 09, 2015, 07:40:48 PM
Received my copy today David and looking forward to reading what looks like a fantastic issue.
Will revive many memories from our great FA Cup run.
Still remember being at Maine Road for semi final replay and when Mitch scored standing up tears streaming down my face unable to speak.
I was surrounded by Man City fans  who were all clapping and giving me the thumbs up
Great night and amongst one of my greatest Fulham memories.