watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

April Fools stories

Started by Burt, April 01, 2015, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Just thought it would be interesting to share what you have found the most funniest, weirdest, or whatever. Or if indeed you have been the victim of an elaborate April Fools...

I fell victim to one many moons ago. I had just taken delivery of my lovely new company car the week before (in the days when you weren't hammered for tax for having one) and it was the apple of my eye. Part way through the morning, a call got put through to me and it was the Met Police saying that my car had been involved in a road traffic accident and was in all probability a write-off. He rattled off a number plate which was indeed the one for my car, but I said that there must be some mistake as my car was nice and snug in our secure car park. He asked me to check and he would hang on the line so I went loping off to the car park and bugger me if my nice new motor wasn't in the parking bay. Cue mad panic, but not quite hysteria.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, after I had given "the police" some info and confirmation that I wasn't involved etc. it suddenly twigged that something wasn't quite right as how did they have my direct line, and why was my PA looking through the door smirking?

I was well and truly done...

Dodger53

Unusually and by chance my wife had to pick up a colleague to go on a day away conference. I changed all the clocks, taped the radio from the week before and waved her off to pick up her colleague an hour early. Had her hammering on their flat shouting you've over slept etc - ho ho ho - not sure she ever trusted me after that!

Logicalman

I hear Richard Branson got in on the act with his virgin empire 'moving HQ' this morning. Cue the marching bands...
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.