watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some Members Of This Board Must Be Really Pleased

Started by Tonywa, April 03, 2015, 05:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Incredibly to me, the two players who attract most flack from people on this board are the only two class players we have on the Fulham staff Scott Parker and Bryan Ruiz. So many have been calling for the team to start without these two so they must have been pleased at the team line-up this afternoon. Well you've got what you asked for.  Happy now?

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Tonywa on April 03, 2015, 05:50:17 PM
Incredibly to me, the two players who attract most flack from people on this board are the only two class players we have on the Fulham staff Scott Parker and Bryan Ruiz. So many have been calling for the team to start without these two so they must have been pleased at the team line-up this afternoon. Well you've got what you asked for.  Happy now?

Scott was ill and you really think Ruiz would have put a fighting performance in for a local derby....

These self righteous topics after we lose are very sad

Mince n Tatties

And we are in this position just because of today?
The whole cancer of the club starts with these overpaid players like Ruiz, Rodders
and a few others who dont give a toss if we go down, another one Hoogland, absolute
garbage...

H4usuallysitting

There is no fight in our team........and regrettably even less fight in our manager

Beamer

Would that be the Ruiz who was too injured to play at Huddersfield but manged to fly to Costa Rica play half a game and a whole one in 2 friendlies but wasn't available today. Yep we will really miss him when he leaves in the summer. Hopefully he has been told not to come back - the whole situation sums up everything that is wrong with our club at present.

bobbo

In fairness we were tearing them apart for the first 15 minutes but just couldn't maintain it
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 03, 2015, 05:54:37 PM
And we are in this position just because of today?
The whole cancer of the club starts with these overpaid players like Ruiz, Rodders
and a few others who dont give a toss if we go down, another one Hoogland, absolute
garbage...
I don't subscribe to this view that players don't care about going down. These players have got to the top of their profession because they are competitive and have a drive to win because there are thousands of players who would like to be in their shoes. I was at Huddersfield last week and they really put a shift in and got the luck that comes from that so why would they do it one week and not the next?

The problem is simple......we don't have enough quality throughout the team, whether that is on the pitch or in the management team. With our squad we can't afford to lose LVC, Parker, Ruiz for lengthy periods and the fact we have 2 or 3 loan players on the pitch is evidence of that. And when you have to bring in new players it takes time for them to get to know each other and the spiral continues. We just aren't good enough.

For me, whoever sanctioned getting rid of Sidwell, Richardson, Stockdale are the real culprits. Some continuity was needed and whilst they weren't great premier league players they would have provided some leadership this year which has been sadly lacking.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Mince n Tatties

Really?...Half our team couldnt care, just like at a lot of clubs.
Picking up ludicrous wages for doing nothing...
Agree about Sidwell and Stockdale...

Tonywa

[
[/quote]
I don't subscribe to this view that players don't care about going down. These players have got to the top of their profession because they are competitive and have a drive to win because there are thousands of players who would like to be in their shoes. I was at Huddersfield last week and they really put a shift in and got the luck that comes from that so why would they do it one week and not the next?

The problem is simple......we don't have enough quality throughout the team, whether that is on the pitch or in the management team. With our squad we can't afford to lose LVC, Parker, Ruiz for lengthy periods and the fact we have 2 or 3 loan players on the pitch is evidence of that. And when you have to bring in new players it takes time for them to get to know each other and the spiral continues. We just aren't good enough.

For me, whoever sanctioned getting rid of Sidwell, Richardson, Stockdale are the real culprits. Some continuity was needed and whilst they weren't great premier league players they would have provided some leadership this year which has been sadly lacking.
[/quote]

I quite agree. That's why I get so niggled with so many here who think we are better without two who are, arguably, our best players. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tonywa on April 03, 2015, 06:23:33 PM
[

[/quote]

I quite agree. That's why I get so niggled with so many here who think we are better without two who are, arguably, our best players. 
[/quote]
[

[/quote]

[/quote]
[

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a good shout.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

[

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hillarious. ..Ruiz our best player.
About one of the most over-rated over paid(did nothing in the premier) players
ever to pull our shirt on...

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 03, 2015, 06:22:20 PM
Really?...Half our team couldnt care, just like at a lot of clubs.
Picking up ludicrous wages for doing nothing...
Agree about Sidwell and Stockdale...
A team playing the wrong formation can make the players out of positions, the opposition get away and it looks like they aren't trying. Mentally, losing regularly is difficult as well. Players tend to drop back further towards their own goal and then aren't pressing enough on the edge of the box. You can't confuse lack of organisation (the diamond perhaps) and mental tiredness with lack of concern and effort.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

hovewhite

Quote from: Tonywa on April 03, 2015, 05:50:17 PM
if scotty wasn't fit then that's life,however I would always play ruiz as the quality and extra edge he gives us I think he has to play and fit into the team as we always look more likely to win when hes in the team'