watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair play Tony Khan

Started by WestCountryWhite, April 04, 2015, 08:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestCountryWhite

Took alot of flack on twitter last night but responded to lots of messages and was very honest. Liked how he said we where rite to feel angry and that "they" have done nothing to earn the support and trust of us fans.

Interesting job he is doing for us. From my understanding he leads a analytical team that monitor the performance of both ourselves and the jags through a range of different stats. This kind of analysis is loved by the NFL but I've always thought stats in football can be used to show anything and are often a smoke screen for what's actually happening in the pitch. I wait to be convinced it will work but fair play again for responding

Bedford White

Examining Fulham's stats after yet another sorry arsed performance is like raking through the ashes of what was once your house, searching desperately to salvage something positive from the ruins.

It's not proactive in any sense, the NFL seem to have a lot of analytical processes which feed into a teams "playbook". For any given situation they can look at the stats and decide which play or formation is best. Football (soccer) isn't like that at all, the breaks in play are few and short, it's far more organic and relies far more upon the skill and ingenuity of individual players to have the vision and understanding in each other to create goal scoring opportunities.

We need to closely examine our own deficiencies and rectify them, we need to examine to strengths of our opposition before they take to the pitch and develop methods in training to neutralise them on the training ground, it's too late once the game has begun. I've seen little evidence to suggest that we do anything like this, it seems we leave it all to chance, perhaps we'll get lucky or the opposition will have an off day, but we don't take control, we don't enforce our play or run the game and this is why Fulham have regularly become a soft touch for three points.

Berserker

The thing is Khan did try to get the right manager using the 5 man panel of experts. I think he is trying to do things right. Glad Tony Khan responded to messages, yes fair play to him
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bedford White

True you can't knock Mr Khan for responding. I just feel that we've bought by an absentee landlord and have then been left to wither on the vine. The selection board may have chosen Kit for many good reasons, I suspect that his popularity with the fans played a big part in his appointment. However, his appointment has proven to be less than we'd all hoped. I think Kit needs to see the season out but I pray that it does not come at the cost of another relegation.

Holders

How can we get to se the messages and responses on this "twitter" thing?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

Maybe look at his Twitter id, that would list his tweets. Anybody know it?

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Woolly Mammoth

I do not buy into Stats, it can be so misleading, and potentially paints a false picture.
Brian Clough didn't need it, and he was better than any other manager I know of.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2015, 09:26:40 AMI do not buy into Stats, it can be so misleading, and potentially paints a false picture.
Brian Clough didn't need it, and he was better than any other manager I know of.
Used the right way they are just another tool to use like scouting. Don't have a closed mind on the use if them.

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2015, 09:26:40 AM
I do not buy into Stats, it can be so misleading, and potentially paints a false picture.
the old stats bit like KPIs at work if these are good everything is good and you are seen as good manager but what really happens is managers concentrate on these key areas and forget about everything else and is really a poor manager covering over the cracks.

gezkc

Quote from: Berserker on April 04, 2015, 09:03:06 AM
Maybe look at his Twitter id, that would list his tweets. Anybody know it?

@tonykhan

Holders

I've just read all his stuff. I can say now that he's convinced me to have absolute faith...in a first class analysis of where it all went wrong. At least it's a comfort to know that he wishes he'd started in February.

What planet does he come from?

Berserker

Just looked, yes good response from him

- Martin Luther King Jr.

gang

There are statistics, more statistics and damn lies; a quote from an American president that I particularly like.

Lighthouse

The simple point is we need to rectify the problems on the field. We need to accept that our players in all areas of the pitch are not good enough. The coaching of the first team is not good enough. So stop looking at the stats. Stop thinking that spending big on one player will do it. And do what we should have done under Felix but didn't.

Build a squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

Quote from: gang on April 04, 2015, 10:57:25 AM
There are statistics, more statistics and damn lies; a quote from an American president that I particularly like.

Wasn't it "lies, damned lies and statistics"?

Dodger53

it wasnt an American President either...

some say Mark Twain and some British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

Southcoastffc

For those who don't 'do' twitter this is some of what's said there:

@stevelillis
Good evening @TonyKhan, as @FulhamFC stats research manager, what do they tell you about the job your dad has done at #ffc?Mine come up rank

Tony Khan 16 hours ago
@stevelillis And to your point, I believe that the club has made many moves that weren't supported by statistical research. That will change

Richard Allen ‏@c_wormbridge  16 hours ago
@TonyKhan @1966MJG thanks. Really encouraging answer. Need to move with the times.

Tony Khan ‏15 hours ago
@c_wormbridge @1966MJG Thanks for your support. @stevelillis is correct in saying our results aren't acceptable + we must invest to improve.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

LBNo11

...they say that the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as things stand it looks like we are either on a diet or the appetite has waned...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FulhamStu

Look at one Stat and you can see everything that is wrong:

Its called Goals Against.

The solution to this.   Coach the team to defend properly.

And to do that.  Change the bloody manager NOW...

Its not difficult to work this out !!!!

bill taylors apprentice

Has anyone ever listened to khan senior or read his drivel? Its all PR bullpoo with NO substance and now the son pipes up, priceless.

Things have gone from bad to worse since he bought the club and now its the statistics that are at fault!

Really! What do the statistics tell him about an owner who sanctions the massive purchase of an unfit striker when we are in dog fight? Or a manager with no idea of when to make a substitution or a player (kaca) who cant control the ball under pressure, can't cross, can't shoot, tackle, understand the basics of defending etc etc?

Talk is cheap! and often from some smug twit who wants to tell everyone they know best.
You suckers!