watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Ross Mac turning into Ruiz

Started by F.luke, April 04, 2015, 01:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.luke

Looking at Ross's performances lately it doesn't look as if his hearts in it anymore. Early days when he wasn't scoring he was still very involved Now he has the look of a player waiting to leave same body language as Bryan ?  yesterday I watched him closely and he wasn't making runs into positions like before. Maybe he's realised the ball won't arrive so why bother . Assuming we stay up can't see him staying with major investment in the squad

Robbie

He doesn't look fit. Nor does Smith. They are both carrying too much weight to me.

westcliff white

I honestly think we will struggle to keep ross for next season
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on April 04, 2015, 02:19:10 PM
If we can get the 6m back we actually paid for him then I'd be happy he left. No more glorified midfielders,  give me proper strikers.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on April 04, 2015, 02:25:06 PM
If we can get the 6m back we actually paid for him then I'd be happy he left. No more glorified midfielders,  give me proper strikers.
I agree with the price ithats what I heard we paid upfront. Although if we played him up front I do think we will see more goals from him

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on April 04, 2015, 02:33:15 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 04, 2015, 02:25:06 PM
I agree with the price ithats what I heard we paid upfront. Although if we played him up front I do think we will see more goals from him
I said it elsewhere but I thought he was an embarrassment yesterday and had nothing to do with position,  just attitude.

westcliff white

Agree with you 100% but maybe he is getting frustrated at not being played where he and maybe we think he shoud be?

but having said that you should always be giving 100%

Baszab

McCormack has been a total disappointment - couple of games where he made an effort  and ran into space - couple of good goals/pens - been overweight all season - too many beers as he had at Leeds -- Smith was over-weight - too many beers - thats why he was sent out on loan

Lighthouse

I was hoping his enforced short rest would have given him a boost. But I am afraid he does look as if he has given up and I would not be sorry to see him dropped. I have said for some time he will want to move at the end of the season. Smith has never impressed me other than he does add height. Both will be gone in the Summer.

As for Ruiz. We tend to only get results when he is in the team. Not often but more often. However as he is also on his way. Which means we need the right set up in the Summer to rebuild the squad again. Not sure how long the club can keep getting things do wrong.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

In hindsight, a better signing would have been somebody like Troy Deeney.

Ross McCormack clearly has some talented, but I don't think he can lead a line on his own - meaning we have to play with two strikers, but our central midfielders suits a three man midfield and it sums up the lack of intelligence we went into the transfer window with.

If we're to be promoted, we do need to get the best out of players like Ross, but I'm not quite sure how - or whether the expenditure is worth it. Can we get our money back? I doubt it, but I'd be open to offers, maybe for a newly promoted Premier League team to add some fire power.

As for his physique, I think thats him naturally; like Rooney, he carries a natural stockiness and its probably difficult for his body type to maintain weight, especially after a spell on the sidelines.

FulhamStu

Well I have heard it all now, Ross McCormack scored how many goals for Leeds last season.  He is our top scorer and until recently it was generally agreed he was one of our best performers, of course he is a striker and has scored goals for fun in the past.   He may have become a bit pissed off recently and of course like everyone 'should' always give 100%.   HOWEVER, our problem is not our inability to score goals, WE CAN't DEFEND.... thats the problem.  I am sick of saying to Kit, sort the bloody defense out !!  Defend as a team.  That is what any decent manager does first and foremost and Kit has totally failed to organise the 'team' to be able to stop the flood of goals conceeded.  Moaning about McCormack may be your no1 issue, however Fulhams biggest problem is not McCormack for gods sack.

hovewhite

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 04, 2015, 03:27:08 PM
Well I have heard it all now, Ross McCormack scored how many goals for Leeds last season.  He is our top scorer and until recently it was generally agreed he was one of our best performers, of course he is a striker and has scored goals for fun in the past.   He may have become a bit pissed off recently and of course like everyone 'should' always give 100%.   HOWEVER, our problem is not our inability to score goals, WE CAN't DEFEND.... thats the problem.  I am sick of saying to Kit, sort the bloody defense out !!  Defend as a team.  That is what any decent manager does first and foremost and Kit has totally failed to organise the 'team' to be able to stop the flood of goals conceeded.  Moaning about McCormack may be your no1 issue, however Fulhams biggest problem is not McCormack for gods sack.
you have hit the nail on the head because we cant defend its affecting now rest of the team and we seem to give up.

Lighthouse

It isn't that we can't defend it is simply that we haven't any decent defenders. No midfield and the strikers are wishy wash so cannot hold the ball. Nobody is blaming Ross for us being so poor. Just pointing out that he has lost any enthusiasm he might have had once being surrounded by dross.

Oakeshott

We are all fed up to the back teeth watching the way we play under Kit. It must be worse for at least some of the players, knowing (or at least believing) that if things were being done differently they would get better results.

We saw a bounce when the mad German left, but one suspects that Kit has lost all the goodwill he started with by the clear evidence that he doesn't learn and now looks as worn out and clueless as did Cookie at the end. IF we made a change now (which I doubt we will) and someone came in with more ideas and a positive attitude I think we'd see Ross and several of the others respond and play as well as we know they can.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 04, 2015, 04:10:23 PM
It isn't that we can't defend it is simply that we haven't any decent defenders. No midfield and the strikers are wishy wash so cannot hold the ball. Nobody is blaming Ross for us being so poor. Just pointing out that he has lost any enthusiasm he might have had once being surrounded by dross.
I just don't accept that our players are anyway near as poor as you would expect to deliver a record like ours.  T do agree wth midfield is completely unbalanced and we lack a good DMF player and Wood wide midfield players, however we are just not organised well enough defensively.  I am absolutely sure a manager like Pulis or McCarthy or most competant managers would be able to massively improve our defending, maybe our players are not good enough to gain promotion but they are much better than our current results show.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 04, 2015, 03:27:08 PM

Spot on.

alfie

Why should he be any different to us, how many supporters have given up, he is probably so dam frustrated with it all, he may be voicing his opinion on this diamond formation just like the rest of us but is falling on deaf ears.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

Perhaps he is fed up of Smith not starting next to him as it is obvious to all that TOGETHER they can get goals and results

MJG

Quote from: alfie on April 04, 2015, 06:04:46 PM

Why should he be any different to us, how many supporters have given up, he is probably so dam frustrated with it all, he may be voicing his opinion on this diamond formation just like the rest of us but is falling on deaf ears.
Difference there is he's getting paid handsomely to play football and we pay to watch. So I expect my captain(and everyone else) to put some effort in. Which quite frankly he failed to do at times yesterday.
It's not a case of he's to blame for us shipping four goals,  but he shouldn't be immune to criticism just because he's a 'good'  player.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 04, 2015, 04:40:48 PM
I just don't accept that our players are anyway near as poor as you would expect to deliver a record like ours.  T do agree wth midfield is completely unbalanced and we lack a good DMF player and Wood wide midfield players, however we are just not organised well enough defensively.  I am absolutely sure a manager like Pulis or McCarthy or most competant managers would be able to massively improve our defending, maybe our players are not good enough to gain promotion but they are much better than our current results show.

Yet I am told the general consensus was the best Fulham players yesterday were the three loan players.