watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford 0-5 Fulham

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, April 05, 2015, 12:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Anyone remember this friendly in 2010 under Mark Hughes in a pre-season friendly? How have we fallen so far from beating them 5-0 away to losing 4-1 at home?

HatterDon

anyone remember how happy everyone was when Hughes left us? [well, not everyone]
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham76

Quote from: HatterDon on April 05, 2015, 04:41:23 AM
anyone remember how happy everyone was when Hughes left us? [well, not everyone]

No. Personally thought he was doing a decent job & don't remember there being a huge sigh of relief when he left!

Don't remember us beating brentford 0-5 either. I saw us win there in a pre season when tigana was in charge though.

Jamie88

I went to this one, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me I could have sworn that one Eddie Johnson actually scored a goal!

PokerMatt

I remember being angry about what he said, but never happy. We were on the up and after Christmas that was one of my most enjoyable seasons.

So no I don't remember that really.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

J.Perkins

Who was? Until Christmas, we were rubbish. Post-Xmas, we were one of the inform teams in the league. I fully understand why he wanted to leave, as the club has clearly lacked ambition since MAF wanted to sell.

hovewhite

Its certainly proved to be the piont that hughes was making.That in mind he was spot on.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 05, 2015, 10:30:32 AM
I went to this one, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me I could have sworn that one Eddie Johnson actually scored a goal!

I was there too. Lewington managed the game and you're quite right, Mr Eddie Johnson bagged a goal lol. Stockdale saved a penalty too.

Life was simpler back then
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

I was happy he left,  never wanted him here in first place. On the day he left 5live asked me to go on and talk about how disappointed I was he left. They were a bit surprised by my answers.
He only got out of jail after Xmas because of the team meeting held.
Also he has said he regrets both what he said and leaving.

Sgt Fulham

They have got better since but yes, we have certainly not helped ourself to say the least.

fulhams_finest

bloody eddie johnson scored that day brentford must have been bad!

EJL

I was happy when Hughes left because he's a p****. Nothing to do with his managerial ability.

And wasn't the whole "ambition" line due to not being allocated funds for the signing of Osvaldo? Damn, I'm annoyed that never materialised.

Forever Fulham

I got the sense that the better players at the time actually appreciated, maybe even liked, Mark Hughes.  He wanted attacking football.  He wanted purposeful forward movement.  He wanted shape and in transition demanded the players attempt as much pressure to regain possession as possible.  He never gave anyone the warm fuzzies.  He wasn't that kind of guy.  A bit jerkish even, but he burned with his own intensity, just as he played.  At the time, I joined the chorus of boo birds who took relish in MAF's eerily personal attack on him over the 'no ambition' statement.  But now, in retrospect, I think as some others do, that Hughes was right.  And I further suspect now that Hughes was the better manager by far.  Of course, such comparisons are purely subjective because, for one thing, Hughes had much better talent on his squad than Kit has now to deal with.

EJL

He may have been right, but it doesn't mean he was likeable.

There's a a line from The Big Lebowski similar to my feelings, haha.

PokerMatt

Quote from: MJG on April 05, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
I was happy he left,  never wanted him here in first place. On the day he left 5live asked me to go on and talk about how disappointed I was he left. They were a bit surprised by my answers.
He only got out of jail after Xmas because of the team meeting held.
Also he has said he regrets both what he said and leaving.

We've now seen where we end up with managers who refuse to listen or make changes - Jol, Felix and Kit all stuck rigidly to flawed ideas and there's a chance we'll suffer back-to-back relegations.

Give me Hughes back any day over what we've had since.
Follow me: @mattdjourno