watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair play Tony Khan

Started by WestCountryWhite, April 04, 2015, 08:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

It sounds rather like "don't blame me, I'm only the statistician".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2015, 03:26:31 PM
If you rely on the diet of PR drivel that Tony Khan feeds you, then you must be easily pleased, and you will be in for a shock. Prepare for a huge dissapointment.

I don't feed on  the PR drivel thank you I just thought it was good of him to reply to the points he was asked.

I also don't think Khan can say much to shock us we already have a very low opinion of him as it is

Apprentice to the Maestro

Can someone clarify for me/us what role does Tony Khan have with the introduction or use of stats please.

Thanks.

Can anyone clarify for me what role Tony Khan has please.  Does he have an official post or role as 'Stats Manager'? I cannot see anything on the official web site.

ron

I think he's an answering machine knocked up out of spare parts for about 30 quid, operating from some devilishly clever successor to a p.o. Box number somewhere in Bangalore, just up the corridor from where sit those people with unintelligible accents who phone you at odd hours to remind you about the accident you never had, or tell you how your entire outgoings can be reduced to zero by going with them.

Yes, that's right, I'm not impressed with the .. ......PR

Reznor

I am completely convinced that we will do nothing of note under the present owner.

Holders

Quote from: Reznor on April 05, 2015, 06:20:58 AM
I am completely convinced that we will do nothing of note under the present owner.

We did last season.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 05, 2015, 01:23:15 AM
Can anyone clarify for me what role Tony Khan has please.  Does he have an official post or role as 'Stats Manager'? I cannot see anything on the official web site.
He's in charge I think,  or at least has a role,  with an an analysis company. They work with the jags and are using it for football now. He did say he's working with and independently of Rigg looking at things.
I don't get too worked up on roles at the club,  we are part of a large organisation now and it's not all kept in one box at each company. Marketing, ticketing, communication,  sports science and analysis will all be shared and best practice used. So just because he is not named in a role,  don't mean he's not doing something with the club.

Jack Fulham

I welcome investment and use of stats but doesn't this sound as though Tony Khan may be getting a more hands on role at Fulham?

I don't think nepotism will take this club forward. Having the bosses son involved could potentially undermine the manager.

LBNo11

...I believe that Tony Khan will be handed the reins by his father at some time in the future. I hope that by the time that happens he will actually 'get' Fulham FC and the sport and take an active interest in directing his heartfelt energies into rebuilding this club, as clearly Shahid hasn't the time to play a regular, active role in what is just a tiny business venture in his empire...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Quote from: MJG on April 05, 2015, 08:51:00 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 05, 2015, 01:23:15 AM
Can anyone clarify for me what role Tony Khan has please.  Does he have an official post or role as 'Stats Manager'? I cannot see anything on the official web site.
He's in charge I think,  or at least has a role,  with an an analysis company. They work with the jags and are using it for football now. He did say he's working with and independently of Rigg looking at things.
I don't get too worked up on roles at the club,  we are part of a large organisation now and it's not all kept in one box at each company. Marketing, ticketing, communication,  sports science and analysis will all be shared and best practice used. So just because he is not named in a role,  don't mean he's not doing something with the club.

Thanks.

As you said, it all depends on using stats in the right way. I approve in principle as someone who has used mathematics in a mild way in decision making.

I will be concerned if stats takes precedence over the football experience of a good manager. More so I would be particularly concerned if those doing the analysis are basing their approach on that applied to baseball or American football (or cricket for that matter) which are very different styles of sport broken up into discrete plays mainly involving one or two individuals rather than continuous action and team work.

Similarly when scouting for players stats can be helpful in generating a shortlist but you need to look a little deeper. Magath had wonderful stats. And there were rumours that a Khan son, presumably Tony from this, recommended Mitroglou.