Started by Peabody, April 05, 2015, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

It's Bling Bling on this thread
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Maisie

Well said Mr. P. I'm with you every step of the way. Whether we are in the Premiership or division 2 I will be there giving my support. This is my team through the good and not so good times. COYW

HV71

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 06, 2015, 09:00:03 AM
Quote from: HV71 on April 05, 2015, 06:44:46 PM
I don't really want to say Woolly. Being perfectly honest they were my life I went from being a snotty kid on the terraces to being on the Board . I went home and away never missing a game  - even when I was working every other week in the US. It all then went terribly wrong and my world crashed. I said to my lad  ( who was born in Putney ) - where shall we go ? I knew people at Fulham so I was so pleased he opted for the Cottage rather than that other team. Whilst I have to .admit it will never be quite the same it comes close. This is a small club with a true spirit and I can identify and love that . My boy loves the club and it's good for him  to support his local team . I did and he is doing that albeit for a different team I truly love proper supporters They are the ones who explain big events in their life ( deaths , births marriages etc ) with ref to games eg he died on the Tuesday we had just beaten Portsmouth 2 -1 on the Saturday . They will go no matter what happens. I eventually failed that test - having been on the board I just couldn't go back when it all went sour. I should have stayed on the terraces it would have been easier. I always respected Fulham whenever we played you in the lower divisions. I used to take Jimmy Hill up to our ground in my car. He was a great bloke. I always thought that Fulham were a class act ( despite not letting women into the boardroom until after full time ). I am now happy to be a supporter but I get a bit cross when I see some of the antics of the club. Thanks for asking Woolly but I cannot publicly slag off my old club.

Hope you can understand

Thanks

Yes of course I understand, and I respect your views and request to stay confidential with the club you were involved in.
I am sorry to hear things did not not work out well for you with your club, but u hope you find peace and tranquility with good old Fulham, and I am pleased you chose Fulham, we may not be perfect, but I feel we are unique in many ways. Yes we all like a moan about things at the moment, especially me, but we wouldn't change for anything, we are only human, although come to think of it perhaps I am not being a extinct species.
Once again I am sorry things did not work out for you at your other club, but I hope Fulham FC and our friends on this fantastic forum fill the void that was left.

Thanks Woolly the Fulham supporters are a great and welcoming bunch . I had supported my old club from the age of 5 and left at 50 . Since then it's been FFC and thanks to folks like you it's been a great experience - even now. As you can imagine ! And like many others on here, I have no fear of lower league football .
The forum is great - obviously I don't agree with everybody but you know that everyone cares so much about the club. Top supporters - top forum.

Thanks again