Main Menu

A missed opportunity tonight

Started by Skatzoffc, April 07, 2015, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Plodder on April 08, 2015, 08:34:01 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 08, 2015, 08:27:25 AM
Quote from: Plodder on April 07, 2015, 10:19:24 PM
I am guessing that Robert and Skatzoffc are trying to be funny in some post-modern way.  It's either that or they must be masochists who want to see us lose and get relegated.  N.B.  Note to Skatzoffc - look up the definitions of "disinterested" and "uninterested".

Keep guessing.

I am not a masochist.
I have no interest in seeing us relegated.
I was not trying to be funny in a post-modern way.

The games we have left :-

Rotherham and Wigan are fighting for their lives.
Borough and Norwich are fighting for promotion.
Blackpool have no fear or pressure as they are relegated. So they are potentially a banana skin and we have slipped on those before this season.

Charlton have nothing to play for, they are neither chasing of failing in this division and as a result could be said to be already on their hols. So it was a missed opportunity. Hence disinterested.

disinterested
definition:- having or feeling no interest in something; uninterested.

This is a forum where I can put my opinion Plodder.
If you don't like my opinion, don't agree with it.

But don't reply by personally insulting someone you don't know and someone you know nothing about.

COYW!

I am sorry if you were upset by what you deem a personal attack, but if you post something as blatantly silly as "we are doomed", you must expect a riposte of some kind. Who knows, we may still get relegated, but we must be strong favourites to stay up and we are a long way from being "doomed".  I will accept that I was exasperated by a string of people posting negative and unconstructive comments, unsupported by any rational assessment of the game or our current state as a club, so I hope you will forgive me if you feel I was too scathing in my reply.  You also indulge in inconsistency.  According to you, we should beat Charlton because they have nothing to play for ("disinterested")  and are lacklustre and not making an effort ("uninterested).  I disagree on both points, but even if that were the case, you then write that Blackpool have no fear or pressure as they are already relegated.  Surely they are therefore in the same "disinterested" and "uninterested" state as Charlton? You can't have it both ways.

I have seen us win as a team with nothing to play for against a team with everything to play for (Fulham 6 Norwich 0, relegating Norwich) and I have also seen us lose in the opposite circumstances (Swansea 2 Fulham 1, relegating us), so I don't believe in theory that midtable teams are bound to ease off at the fag end of the season.  Professionals like to win full stop.  Rare to see a professional team not giving it everything.

Points taken Plodder.
I can have it both ways tho. As it's an opinion.

Unfortunately,  I have seen "a professional team not giving it everything" almost ever game I have attended this season.

So I don't share other's optimism that the other crap teams in this division will ensure our survival.
Hopefully I'm wrong and we will, (in a Fulhamish way), get the results needed off of our own backs rather than relying on the failings of others.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

robert

In spite of my earlier insinuations about Fulham's dire position underneath it all I have every confidence that we will not go down.We are Fulham!!!