watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A missed opportunity tonight

Started by Skatzoffc, April 07, 2015, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

If ever there was a game to win against a lackluster dis-interested opposition.
That was it.

Fail, imo.
1 point will not cut it.

I fear now, we are doomed.

fp.gif

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ToodlesMcToot

Picked up a point away when most would have doubted us getting anything, given our recent form.

No need for fear. We're doing what is needed.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

robert

We showed just how bad we are against a team who didn't need to beat us.Wigan and Rotherham will not show such mercy.

andyk

the next three  games are,basically, three get out of jail cards. We only need to win one of them to stay up, if we don't win any of them, we deserve to go down, but might still survive.

BestOfBrede

The bottom two (forget Blackpol) need to win 3 games, with us getting nowt, for any chance of catching us!
Effectively, we could be safe by just drawing a few games.
I think we can calm down and start planning - hopefully the management team will do what is necessary and we can start to rebuild again.

Artful Dodger

Or on the positive side, we are now 8 clear of Millwall and 9 of Wigan. Both realistically need to win 3 of their remaining 5 (or 6 in Millwall's case) games - which they haven't come close to that win ratio all season. If we pick up one win in our last 5 we should be safe, if we aren't already and we have 3 good opportunities to do that in the next 3 games.

And as for Wigan and Rotherham showing 'no mercy', if they were any better than us, they wouldn't be below us in the table so why should we fear them any more than they fear us?

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Plodder

I am guessing that Robert and Skatzoffc are trying to be funny in some post-modern way.  It's either that or they must be masochists who want to see us lose and get relegated.  N.B.  Note to Skatzoffc - look up the definitions of "disinterested" and "uninterested".

dannyboi-ffc

If a point was offered to me before kick off I would have taken it, having said that after watching the game unfold and seeing how lethargic charlton were, their lack of urgency or desire to score let alone win. I am a little frustrated Kit bottled it and didn't go a bit more positive.

Roberts is deemed not good enough for our 18 or even the U21's yet Sean Kavanagh starts, that tells me everything I need to know about Kit Symons the manager.

Whatever happens I will be here next season, I just hope Kit and some of those has beens arent
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Artful Dodger

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 07, 2015, 10:31:33 PM
If a point was offered to me before kick off I would have taken it, having said that after watching the game unfold and seeing how lethargic charlton were, their lack of urgency or desire to score let alone win. I am a little frustrated Kit bottled it and didn't go a bit more positive.

Roberts is deemed not good enough for our 18 or even the U21's yet Sean Kavanagh starts, that tells me everything I need to know about Kit Symons the manager.

Whatever happens I will be here next season, I just hope Kit and some of those has beens arent
You aren't a happy easter bunny tonight Dannyboi! It's a fine line at this stage of the season between going for it and making sure we don't get hit on the break, even at a team whose season is really over. I don't think everything is Kit's fault - we don't have enough quality for this league bar 3 or 4 positions - but I do agree with you about Kavanagh as I just don't see what he adds to the team and it would be good to see Roberts at least coming on and running at tired defenders for the last 20 minutes or so.

Anyway, your alarm is set for 3.30am so get off to bed Dannyboi and you may feel better in the morning!!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Lighthouse

Jeez some people called me negative when I warned about the way the club were heading. Some people called me negative when I said we had a poor squad that would struggle to finish half way.

Yet I am happy for a well earned away draw and we still get the moaners moaning about the manager. Not the weakened injury hit team but the manager. We had more shots and more efforts today. For an away side that isn't bad. We should have won.

Still when we are stuffed by Wigan we can all be back to being negative. But as we need a win or even maybe just 4 points more to be safe. I think we should all be pleased tonight.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham Tup North

An away point tonight. Very happy with that.
Bring on Friday night. Another point will keep the gap between us and Wigan the same.
I will sleep well tonight.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 07, 2015, 10:03:34 PM
If ever there was a game to win against a lackluster dis-interested opposition.
That was it.

Fail, imo.
1 point will not cut it.

I fear now, we are doomed.

fp.gif

Nonsense

Holders

Uninterested, maybe, not disinterested!

Edit - just read that someone else has picked up on this above.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Plodder on April 07, 2015, 10:19:24 PM
I am guessing that Robert and Skatzoffc are trying to be funny in some post-modern way.  It's either that or they must be masochists who want to see us lose and get relegated.  N.B.  Note to Skatzoffc - look up the definitions of "disinterested" and "uninterested".

Keep guessing.

I am not a masochist.
I have no interest in seeing us relegated.
I was not trying to be funny in a post-modern way.

The games we have left :-

Rotherham and Wigan are fighting for their lives.
Borough and Norwich are fighting for promotion.
Blackpool have no fear or pressure as they are relegated. So they are potentially a banana skin and we have slipped on those before this season.

Charlton have nothing to play for, they are neither chasing of failing in this division and as a result could be said to be already on their hols. So it was a missed opportunity. Hence disinterested.

disinterested
definition:- having or feeling no interest in something; uninterested.

This is a forum where I can put my opinion Plodder.
If you don't like my opinion, don't agree with it.

But don't reply by personally insulting someone you don't know and someone you know nothing about.

COYW!

dannyboi-ffc

Does it really matter regarding uninterested or disinterested. We are talking about football and I have always believed when someone who is disagreeing starts pointing out grammar or spelling mistakes its because they have very little else to back up their argument.

I have slept on it and with hindsight it will probably turn out to be a good point. We weren't awful but we certainly werent brilliant either. Skatzoffc is bang on the money comparing charlton to our last 5 fixtures. If we can create so little against a team that didnt need to try then I dont hold much confidence for games we really are in a battle. Not enough characters or quality in this team but I said it last night and Ill say it again, when you start Kavanagh over all the options we have then you don't deserve to win.

I think we will beat Wigan and if we dont then we will beat rotherham instead and thats all that matters for now. But I have had it with Kit and his management. It may have seemed positive to bring on ruiz and kaca but when the fans have to sing " symons symons make a sub" you know not many have faith in what the manager actually thinks

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 07, 2015, 11:04:12 PM
Jeez some people called me negative when I warned about the way the club were heading. Some people called me negative when I said we had a poor squad that would struggle to finish half way.

Yet I am happy for a well earned away draw and we still get the moaners moaning about the manager. Not the weakened injury hit team but the manager. We had more shots and more efforts today. For an away side that isn't bad. We should have won.

Still when we are stuffed by Wigan we can all be back to being negative. But as we need a win or even maybe just 4 points more to be safe. I think we should all be pleased tonight.

0001.jpeg

An away point in a London derby is a good thing isn't it? Especially on our recent form.

I wasn't at the game, but it seemed a good, battling display, with quite a few good chances created and missed, and solid defending with Burn featuring strongly, from Jim's commentary- with several loanees in the side new to the team, because of injury.

Skatzoffc

I must admit, I was a little upset at not getting the 3 points last nigh on my initial post.
A point is better than nothing, but I still see it as a missed opportunity.

The team I worry about most is Wigan. They're in the the best position to usurp us imo.

So a win, (or a draw), against them is imperative this Friday.
A game I will sorely miss as I'm up North.

I'd hate to see it come down to the last day when Wigan play at Brentford and have to hope Brentford win to have to keep us up.
fp.gif

COYW!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 08, 2015, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 08, 2015, 08:41:46 AM
Does it really matter regarding uninterested or disinterested. We are talking about football and I have always believed when someone who is disagreeing starts pointing out grammar or spelling mistakes its because they have very little else to back up their argument.

I have slept on it and with hindsight it will probably turn out to be a good point. We weren't awful but we certainly werent brilliant either. Skatzoffc is bang on the money comparing charlton to our last 5 fixtures. If we can create so little against a team that didnt need to try then I dont hold much confidence for games we really are in a battle. Not enough characters or quality in this team but I said it last night and Ill say it again, when you start Kavanagh over all the options we have then you don't deserve to win.

I think we will beat Wigan and if we dont then we will beat rotherham instead and thats all that matters for now. But I have had it with Kit and his management. It may have seemed positive to bring on ruiz and kaca but when the fans have to sing " symons symons make a sub" you know not many have faith in what the manager actually thinks

When you say you slept on it, what did you actually sleep on, a Bus Lane.

You haunt me woolly, you really do. There's no escaping this bus talk is there? EVER!!!!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 08, 2015, 03:02:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 08, 2015, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 08, 2015, 08:41:46 AM

When you say you slept on it, what did you actually sleep on, a Bus Lane.

You haunt me woolly, you really do. There's no escaping this bus talk is there? EVER!!!!

I will give it a rest when you reach Inspector.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Plodder

Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 08, 2015, 08:27:25 AM
Quote from: Plodder on April 07, 2015, 10:19:24 PM
I am guessing that Robert and Skatzoffc are trying to be funny in some post-modern way.  It's either that or they must be masochists who want to see us lose and get relegated.  N.B.  Note to Skatzoffc - look up the definitions of "disinterested" and "uninterested".

Keep guessing.

I am not a masochist.
I have no interest in seeing us relegated.
I was not trying to be funny in a post-modern way.

The games we have left :-

Rotherham and Wigan are fighting for their lives.
Borough and Norwich are fighting for promotion.
Blackpool have no fear or pressure as they are relegated. So they are potentially a banana skin and we have slipped on those before this season.

Charlton have nothing to play for, they are neither chasing of failing in this division and as a result could be said to be already on their hols. So it was a missed opportunity. Hence disinterested.

disinterested
definition:- having or feeling no interest in something; uninterested.

This is a forum where I can put my opinion Plodder.
If you don't like my opinion, don't agree with it.

But don't reply by personally insulting someone you don't know and someone you know nothing about.

COYW!

I am sorry if you were upset by what you deem a personal attack, but if you post something as blatantly silly as "we are doomed", you must expect a riposte of some kind. Who knows, we may still get relegated, but we must be strong favourites to stay up and we are a long way from being "doomed".  I will accept that I was exasperated by a string of people posting negative and unconstructive comments, unsupported by any rational assessment of the game or our current state as a club, so I hope you will forgive me if you feel I was too scathing in my reply.  You also indulge in inconsistency.  According to you, we should beat Charlton because they have nothing to play for ("disinterested")  and are lacklustre and not making an effort ("uninterested).  I disagree on both points, but even if that were the case, you then write that Blackpool have no fear or pressure as they are already relegated.  Surely they are therefore in the same "disinterested" and "uninterested" state as Charlton? You can't have it both ways.

I have seen us win as a team with nothing to play for against a team with everything to play for (Fulham 6 Norwich 0, relegating Norwich) and I have also seen us lose in the opposite circumstances (Swansea 2 Fulham 1, relegating us), so I don't believe in theory that midtable teams are bound to ease off at the fag end of the season.  Professionals like to win full stop.  Rare to see a professional team not giving it everything.