watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Celtic watch Ross

Started by Lighthouse, April 09, 2015, 10:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

FLW understands that scouts from the SPL champions were present at The Valley to watch the Scotland international in action for Fulham against Charlton Athletic on Tuesday evening.

Ronny Deila's Celtic are currently top of the Scottish Premiership, and are seemingly on the look out for more firepower going into next season.

The former Leeds United forward fired the Cottagers into an early lead in the match, in what was the striker's 14th goal of the Sky Bet Championship season.

Fulham shelled out a sizeable £11 million to buy McCormack from Leeds United last summer, and it is very unlikely that he will be sold again for a sum of that magnitude.

His form with Fulham this season is somewhat mediocre compared to that of last season, with the Scotland international notching an impressive 29 goals last season for Leeds United.

Kit Symons' Fulham side have endured a torrid season and currently sit in 20th place in the Sky Bet Championship, having accumulated 44 points from 41 league games.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pie and mash

Northern Cottager

He surely wouldnt want to go and play in the same standard as league one? If were relegated or show no ambition he'd surely have better options.

FPT

They may be watching him, but there's a number of reasons why this is very unlikely:

1) He's a Rangers man.
2) He'd be moving backwards.
3) They couldn't make it even worth our time financially.
4) I'd be surprised if they could match or even better his wages here.

love4ffc

Agreed he is too good for them but lets hope we can keep him from other poachers :028:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

beijing ben

They did win the European Cup and average over 40,000 fans per match without having their biggest rivals in their division..

Pie and mash

Bronaldinho

Can't see this happening.

Celtic couldn't offer us a deal we'd accept. They may be a UCL side but financially they do struggle to compete against Championship sides.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Berserker

I think there is a possibility this will happen
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Pie and mash

Reckon £4M would be enough for a player that'll be 29 by the start of next season

westcliff white

CHampions league football a draw?
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Pie and mash on April 10, 2015, 07:23:35 AM
Reckon £4M would be enough for a player that'll be 29 by the start of next season

Can't see the club accepting that even if Celtic somehow could cough that much up. Rumours that our initial fee was £5-6m, so a £1-2m loss in a year where he's been our best player apart from Betts, isn't good business at all.

Just look at his stats this season, scored so many and assisted a tonne too! He's vital to getting us out of this league, and with a squad overhaul he'll remain part of our spine.

I'd like the spine to be:

Betts
Burn - (Unsure of Partner)
        LVC + partner
         Smith & Mac.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

cmg

Who or what FLW is, I know not (although I could hazard a guess about the F and the W.). But the standard of accuracy can be guaged by the fact that 'scored fewer goals' is interpreted as 'somewhat mediocre season'. As has been said, anyone with any slight knowledge of the situation would know that his contribution this season has been much, much greater than the raw number of goals scored.

File this one under: Rich Club Interested In Good Player - Sensation