We're safe ? !

Started by Robbie, April 11, 2015, 04:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Another lucky afternoon for FFC

End of season points -

Fulham 48pts  / Millwall 43pts / Wigan 41pts

westcliff white

for me we still need to get one win to get us safe, otherwise we need others to lose. rather we do it than rely on fortune, will make me think we are progressing
Every day is a Fulham day

Robbie

totally, Rotherham are pretty poor (worse than Wigan) .... reckon we take a point off Middlesbrough too

westcliff white

way things are going at the top, Boro will need a win to have a chance of Auto promotion, I would take a poitn now but fear that will be one tough game
Every day is a Fulham day

robert

Sad however that we will avoid relegation more through luck than merit!!

Fulham76

We probably are safe now but one more win should make sure. I think Wigan play millwall next week as well.
Will be good to see the end of this season.

PokerMatt

There's not really much luck involved that Millwall were beaten by a far better side or that Rotherham were outclassed by a team with far more talent.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

Millwall play Wigan on Tuesday. What result would we prefer beyond a draw. Wigan have played a game more than Millwall. A win against Rotherham for us a day later would end all doubts. But as we are unlikely to ever win again.

Millwall or Wigan win?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BedsFFC

I think we may get done by Blackpool

Fulham76

Quote from: BedsFFC on April 11, 2015, 05:50:17 PM
I think we may get done by Blackpool

You have about as much confidence as me when it comes to our next win!

FPT

We're the same amount of points from 14th as we are relegation.

We beat Rotherham and we're safe for sure, Millwall and Wigan play each other so at least one will drop points.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 11, 2015, 05:40:23 PM
Millwall play Wigan on Tuesday. What result would we prefer beyond a draw. Wigan have played a game more than Millwall. A win against Rotherham for us a day later would end all doubts. But as we are unlikely to ever win again.

Millwall or Wigan win?

I'd like to think we will win at some point granted on current form it may be in 2017!

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 11, 2015, 05:40:23 PM

Millwall or Wigan win?

Millwall beat Wigan and win their game in hand  they are within a win of us. Dangerous of us to think it is all over and realistically we have but two winnable games left. Essential we come out fighting against Rotherham next week and take 3 points.

We need to be arithmetically safe after the next two games as we are facing big thrashings from promotion candidates in the last two games.

Max Headroom

id rather see wigan win as milwall have an extra game...

alfie

Quote from: Robbie on April 11, 2015, 04:55:07 PM

End of season points -

I don't get this "lucky" bit, we are 9 points clear of relegation, why is that luck?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jimpav

Quote from: alfie on April 11, 2015, 07:45:21 PM
Quote from: Robbie on April 11, 2015, 04:55:07 PM

End of season points -

I don't get this "lucky" bit, we are 9 points clear of relegation, why is that luck?

I think the sentiment behind this is that we have been very fortunate that the teams below us results have matched our own over the last couple of months. So although we have gained very few points we have still managed to keep out of the relegation zone.

I believe that there is a degree of fortune in this Alfie when you consider how cut throat the premier league was. We couldn't have endured this sort of run in the top division and stayed up.

Fulhamerica23

9 (6 if Millwall pick up all the points in their game in hand; doubtful) clear with four to play. Games against 21th Rotherham and 24th Blackpool. If we go down, we damn sure deserve to.

NorfolkJim

Draws are our friend at the moment, a Millwall Wigan draw would be my choice. I also hope that Norwich will be per-occupied with the play offs when we go to Carrow Road so the Long running Fulham Hoodoo can continue.