watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad for next year part 2,

Started by colinwhite, April 12, 2015, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Our ten young players Woodrow ,Roberts ,Kavanagh ,Bettinelli, Williams , Burn , Hyndman ,Grimmer, dembelle  and Lvc are not included in this assessment as I wrote a thread about them and my opinion of their progress last week .
Thought I would follow this up with look at the other players and ,for what it is worth  ,an objective look at the rest of the squad (I am talking about the players getting in our match day squads ). I say objective but of course this  can never be so its what i think anyway !

Ruiz . Like him ,but in all fairness have never been totally convinced that he was good fit for us (wonder what jol thought when he took him off at half time on his debut ). He will go , so we need  a creative player to replace him .

Hugo . Big heart ,scores a few goals but sadly doesn't contribute enough .Poor first touch has meant he contributes too little . His pace will be missed and we need a couple of players with genuine pace . Something we have been missing all year .

Ross . Class . creative ,scores goals and works hard . must be kept at all costs . Had a decent season playing in a poor side .

Parker . He is what he is , sadly that is not a defensive midfielder and now he is too immobile to play box to box ,which was always his strength . We should keep him 100 per cent , but not rely on him to be our main man . A strong ,physical , defensive midfielder must be a number one priority .

Tunnicliffe . A workhorse who we should keep , but for me he is squad player . Not good enough on the ball . but will give his all every week .
Fofana . If we can sign him for next year ,great . Has potential and a lot of raw edges .Next year he could score a few goals for us .

Staffalydis . Hasn't been all bad ,but far too inconsistent and not really a defender at heart . Don't renew . husband would be a much better alternative if we can sign him .

Hutchinson . I want to rate him , but he makes too many stupid mistakes . A 4 th choice centre half to me , keep but only just .

Bodurov . I have never thought he was solid . A ball watcher . We need to replace him with a much better , communicating , orginising centre back .

Turner . I would keep him but not as our main centre half . We need to sign that player .

Richards . Sign him if we can . Not totally convinced by some of his defending however .

Husband . We should definitely try to sign him .

Guthrie . Decent player but not sure he is the creative player we need , but definitely  a step in the right direction . Jury is out on him . Unsure .

Smith . Would keep him , but  we need another Striker (with pace )

Kaca . followed him from his pre Liverpool days as  a swedish kid ,so I want to rate him , but don't . Doesn't do anything particularly well .
Not enough goals or assists . All ways looks like he is going to beat his man but doesn't . poor defensively .

Kirally . Experienced but useless . get rid , we need a decent keeper to compete for starting place with Betts

Cant think of anyone else ,so all the other players in our squad excluding our youngsters should go . Of course there are quite a few other kids not in my ten so there will be a couple of those involved .
We have to make a lot of signings and all with quality . No fillers next time around as we have enough of those already .
In addition to holding on / signing loan players at the club we need 1 quality Cb (2 if Turner goes ). 2 cm s , 1 left back ,  1 creative mid fielder . We have no wide player of any quality so 2 fast box to box width providers are also needed . At least on striker with pace is also required .
This seems to me to be a minimum requirement if we want to push for a return to the PL next year . Without making the type of signings I am advocating , we will be  a lower  half of the table side next year .

Having kit Symmons as trainer has at least established that relying on youth , at the moment isn't going to work( they were in SK eyes ,his players ) . Symbols himself (with his selections confirmed as much ).  Magaths overhaul was a joke , but so was the squad he took over . If I was Mr Khan i don't think I would look to KS to
do the rebuilding and structuring of our squad, at least not without a new man in as his boss. .The big danger is that we lose all continuity if we bring in a new man so I hope there is plan in place . We re damned if we do and damned if we don't . I just hope that Brede hangelands opinion that it "would get worse before it gets better " has now played itself out and that we can move forward .

COME ON YOU WHITES !

love4ffc

A fair view of our current alot of players.   I do rate staf more than you do but everyone sees players different.   

I think it's obvious that we need to bring in a lot of new players to strengthen the squad but I don't want us just grabbing players randomly.   I want us to have a clear plan forward.   

I feel for kit.  Everyone knows he loves the club and I believe he's trying to do the best for the club.  I feel he should be given the chance to rebuild his own team but yet he worries me with his team and tactical decisions.   
Some tough decision have to be made and unlike a lot of folks here I am willing to bet Riggs, Kit and Khan are already having some gut wrenching talks about what to do this summer.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

colinwhite

Fair enough . Staffalydis is a tricky one . With the right players , you may be right .....

Lighthouse

Smith will go I think because it is said he wants to as he is homesick. Not sure why Ross will stay but depends who could buy him. It is hard to see much beyond the other comments.

Every position needs replacement or strengthening.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

colinwhite

Forgot Hoogland !  too  slow and injury prone , definitely in the out pile .