watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Season Tickets on Sale and Khan...

Started by Northern Cottager, April 13, 2015, 10:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

...makes an appearance to assure us we will be challenging for promotion next season...coincidence.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/april/13/chairman-statement

Rhys Lightning 63

Let's hope he puts his money where is mouth is
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 13, 2015, 10:52:29 AM
Let's hope he puts his money where is mouth is

I certainly do. A balance of our more talented youngsters, the addition of Husband and an overhaul of the rest of the squad is needed.

Riversider

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 13, 2015, 10:41:18 AM
...makes an appearance to assure us we will be challenging for promotion next season...coincidence.

Can you point me to the bit where he mentions "Promotion" please ! Cant see that word used anywhere.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: Riversider on April 13, 2015, 11:07:48 AM

Can you point me to the bit where he mentions "Promotion" please ! Cant see that word used anywhere.

He says "build a team capable of challenging for top honours".  He doesn't mean mid-table mediocrity.

Wearethewhites

The way he's going, they'll be free before long..

Northern Cottager

Lol!! Try not to be so picky. Challenging for 'top honours' certainly means promotion and NOT top of the bottom half.

Alternative

You have until 22 May to decide to renew at this price. Time to see if there are any promising signs after the end of the season.

Fulham76

A decent offer definitely worth having, and should keep attendances at least where they have been this season.

It's good to hear from him - a little bit of communication from the big man goes a long way, especially when he's talking of challenging for honours & saving us money...

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 13, 2015, 11:30:42 AM
A decent offer definitely worth having, and should keep attendances at least where they have been this season.

It's good to hear from him - a little bit of communication from the big man goes a long way, especially when he's talking of challenging for honours & saving us money...

Good to hear from him, but when it's when they want money from fans it becomes a little coincidental and fake. Hearing from him when we get pasted week in, week out saying it'll all change would be more beneficial.

jarv

Somebody in PR took 15 minutes to put that together. What would Khan know about "acceptable and rewarding" football. As opposed to this season, I suppose mid table mediocrity would be a bonus. Not conceding 5 goals at home would also be an improvement. I suppose it is positive that somebody in the club recognises the need for those 2 words. Who ever it is must read posts on here. 065.gif

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 13, 2015, 11:14:49 AM

Lol!! Try not to be so picky. Challenging for 'top honours' certainly means promotion and NOT top of the bottom half.

It could mean that we are going to put in a decent challenge for the F.A. Cup. A trip to Wembley really is something to look forward to. Better be topping up those loyalty points.

win-dup

public relations claptrap from an owner who wouldn't know a good football team from a marbles team. This man is a menace to our very existence at the Cottage. Makes me so angry when these  people buy our football clubs and treat them as toys.

Peabody

Talk about nitpicking, are you saying that letting kids have a season ticket for £60 a bad thing. I will be paying less than £300 for mine. For goodness sake give credit when it is due. Blimey, that's wishful thinking with some of you.

Fulham76

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 13, 2015, 12:08:56 PM

Good to hear from him, but when it's when they want money from fans it becomes a little coincidental and fake. Hearing from him when we get pasted week in, week out saying it'll all change would be more beneficial.

Maybe, but that will be costing him money to drop prices to that level. Where else would you get a season ticket for kids for under £100? A good incentive to get fans of the future involved in Fulham.

Logicalman

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 13, 2015, 12:08:56 PM

I agree totally, not so much a coincidence as the need to get fans to part with money. That is in no way a criticism of the guy, just good business.

The unfortunate part in all this is that if we were safe in the Championship, then the reduction might appear be a little more appealing, I just pray this isn't a case of hedging bets on the part of the club considering the current situation we are in.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

J.Perkins

I am very happy in that statement, there is no mention of a backing of Symons for next season.

MJG

Quote from: Alternative on April 13, 2015, 11:15:58 AM
You have until 22 May to decide to renew at this price. Time to see if there are any promising signs after the end of the season.
Which there will not be because the window for actual transfers will not be open yet.

HV71

I think it is a very good offer. I do not think the statement could say anything else. It has to be as positive as they can make it . No moans from me .

BalDrick

Quote from: MJG on April 13, 2015, 01:25:50 PM
Quote from: Alternative on April 13, 2015, 11:15:58 AM
Which there will not be because the window for actual transfers will not be open yet.
Which is handy, for them.

Personally keeping my powder dry till I see some action - Symons replaced by a decent manager, shite culled, decent players coming in. If I forgo the discount, so be it. There's very little chance of my seat no longer being available, a risk I'm willing to take.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town